How to get over the fear of rejection

Deleted member 20579

Deleted member 20579

Iron
I gave this advice a couple days back to somebody with crippling anxiety, and he liked it so I thought I might as well make a post about it. If you are genuinely scared to approach women I recommend you go into sales, cold calls to be specific. You sit in a chair for 6-8 hours a day calling strangers that don't want to talk to you and you have to convince them to buy your shitty product. You'll get rejected 80% of the time and all the worst things you think would happen if you cold approach, will. If you do cold calls for 1 month you'll get rejected so much that you'll turn numb. Best thing I did for my dating life.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 21058, PubertyMaxxer, Torero and 3 others
You sit in a chair for 6-8 hours a day calling strangers that don't want to talk to you and you have to convince them to buy your shitty product. You'll get rejected 80% of the time and all the worst things you think would happen if you cold approach, will. If you do cold calls for 1 month you'll get rejected so much that you'll turn numb. Best thing I did for my dating life.
But you get rejected over the phone not face to face.
Also they reject your pitch, your product, they don't want to buy, it's not personal, while when you approach girls they reject you, your person.

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and Kingcel32
But you get rejected over the phone not face to face.
Also they reject your pitch, your product, they don't want to buy, it's not personal, while when you approach girls they reject you, your person.
I promise you, sometimes the rejections get very personal. And spitting game is the same shit you do when you try and sell a product. You neg, you make them feel terrible about their situation, you lead the convo, there is a very big overlap between the two.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, Gonthar and Kingcel32
I gave this advice a couple days back to somebody with crippling anxiety, and he liked it so I thought I might as well make a post about it. If you are genuinely scared to approach women I recommend you go into sales, cold calls to be specific. You sit in a chair for 6-8 hours a day calling strangers that don't want to talk to you and you have to convince them to buy your shitty product. You'll get rejected 80% of the time and all the worst things you think would happen if you cold approach, will. If you do cold calls for 1 month you'll get rejected so much that you'll turn numb. Best thing I did for my dating life.
its a good start for sure. I did this job for 6 months but social anxiety only improved marginally, because you are very detached from the situation vs face-to-face, its a completely different ball game

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and Gonthar
Does Street Fundraising ( for environmental organisations) achieve the same effect?

teles as always

you arent supposed to get over it you dumb ass. its your brain saying you need to give up because youre fucking shit at whatever youre doing. what youre supposed to do is become competent enough so you DONT get rejected and thats what builds confidence