How to get scouted as a male model?

Retrusion

Retrusion

Iron
What's the process for being scouted to be a male model? And I'm not talking about muscular underwear models, I'm talking about prettyboys that you see at Saint Laurent or whatever, the ones that look heroin chic and skinny as fuck. I live in a city with a huge fashion industry and hosts Fashion Weeks but have no idea how to break into it. Do I need good social media or are connections everything?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SPFromNY914, Deleted member 4804, 6’1cel and 3 others
Not having an account on .me is the first step

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32973, babouchelelouche, Foxhole and 37 others
Step 1: Be >PSL6.5
Step 2: Suck Mr. Goldstein off

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, Hades, Deleted member 4804 and 9 others
Walk around in public and hope someone pulls you aside to model for them

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16370, Deleted member 7753, Be_ConfidentBro and 8 others
look like me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9852
Social media helps you.

A modeling portfolio helps (so you send it to agencies etc)

And ofc if you're lucky enough to get scouted, you have to hang around the places people in the industry go.

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, SPFromNY914, Annihilator and 5 others
Social media
Take professional pics for advertising
(((Connections)))

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, SPFromNY914, Deleted member 4804 and 7 others
Modelling agencies typically have scouting opportunities, or 'Walk-Ins', which allows members of the public to come in and be assed. If the agency like you, they tend to offer you a contract with them. I'm not sure how this is going to happen, now, because of COVID.

The process can feel quite brutal - having a panel of assessors judging each and every square inch of your body, calculating your flaws, and telling you how you can 'improve'. If you have any past traumas of low self-esteem, or poor body-image, then you may struggle with this.

There are certain minimum height restrictions that many agencies have. The typical average minimum requirement, for men, is 5'11 OR 6'. Your face, look, body, and build will determine what aspect of modelling you may typically find work in - editorial, runway, catalogue, print, fitness, commercial, promotional, swimsuit, etc.

Your agency represent you and send you out to castings. Castings are almost like 'job interviews' set by clients or fashion houses. It's up to them to determine if they will use you in their campaign or not, not your agency. Your agency's sole purpose is to find you work, but they cannot guarantee that you’re going to be hired.

There are a lot of scams out there. If an agency if asking you to pay them any up-front costs, then please run away. No reputable agency would ever ask this.

And just remember, they work for you, you don't work for them. A lot of these agencies have a strange fucking way of making you think that you work for them... But that's not the case. You're the one sitting at the head of the table. Don't ever forget that.

• +1
Reactions: ImpressionableYouth, Be_ConfidentBro, Chadrapist and 15 others
Modelling agencies typically have scouting opportunities, or 'Walk-Ins', which allows members of the public to come in and be assed. If the agency like you, they tend to offer you a contract with them. I'm not sure how this is going to happen, now, because of COVID.

The process can feel quite brutal - having a panel of assessors judging each and every square inch of your body, calculating your flaws, and telling you how you can 'improve'. If you have any past traumas of low self-esteem, or poor body-image, then you may struggle with this.

There are certain minimum height restrictions that many agencies have. The typical average minimum requirement, for men, is 5'11 OR 6'. Your face, look, body, and build will determine what aspect of modelling you may typically find work in - editorial, runway, catalogue, print, fitness, commercial, promotional, swimsuit, etc.

Your agency represent you and send you out to castings. Castings are almost like 'job interviews' set by clients or fashion houses. It's up to them to determine if they will use you in their campaign or not, not your agency. Your agency's sole purpose is to find you work, but they cannot guarantee that you’re going to be hired.

There are a lot of scams out there. If an agency if asking you to pay them any up-front costs, then please run away. No reputable agency would ever ask this.

And just remember, they work for you, you don't work for them. A lot of these agencies have a strange fucking way of making you think that you work for them... But that's not the case. You're the one sitting at the head of the table. Don't ever forget that.
Copy pasta? Anyway, interesting info

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4804
  • +1
Reactions: Hades, Yerico7, millimitresss and 5 others
What's the process for being scouted to be a male model? And I'm not talking about muscular underwear models, I'm talking about prettyboys that you see at Saint Laurent or whatever, the ones that look heroin chic and skinny as fuck. I live in a city with a huge fashion industry and hosts Fashion Weeks but have no idea how to break into it. Do I need good social media or are connections everything?
why are YOU asking lmao?

• +1
Reactions: BlackDellisola
Good zygos and height thats it

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
If you have a good body just walk at the beach. I was offered a modelling contract in miami while walking on the beach on vacations. I didnt accept cuz i was an autist.

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, Hero of the Imperium, Deleted member 9852 and 1 other person
@_Eriicc help @Salludon be a model brah

he can give you commision

• +1
Reactions: TheEndHasNoEnd
@_Eriicc help @Salludon be a model brah

he can give you commision
Sure, if he can afford my rate.
(20% commission on all editorial campaigns, a €5K monthly retainer, plus bi-annual trips to Mykonos and Ibiza).

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6272
(20% commission on all editorial campaigns, a €5K monthly retainer, plus bi-annual trips to Mykonos and Ibiza).
well if he is as good looking as the photos are he can earn 1 million a year like sean o pry or gandy

even if he earnt 500k usd a year he can give you that

@Ozymandias get salludon a uk passport salludon must refugee max

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, SteveRogers and Deleted member 5292
pm me your pics bro

well if he is as good looking as the photos are he can earn 1 million a year like sean o pry or gandy

even if he earnt 500k usd a year he can give you that

@Ozymandias get salludon a uk passport salludon must refugee max
Haha I'm only joking about the rates!
...(Not really)...

I'm sure he can do well if he gives it a tries. You never know what can happen in life unless you try.

Go for it kid, give it a shot. You never know what can happen...

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite
Not having an account on .me is the first step
You think modelling agencies check looksmax.me during their background check? I don't think the site is popular enough for that.

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer and Deleted member 6403
Salludon is a nigger. Only amnesia if he was tall could be 7 psl.

Pics of what? My trips in Ibiza?
No of your face, I am a small time modelling manager. I manage a few lesser known models such as Jordan Barrett and David Gandy.

I am your best shot at getting your foot in the door send me your full body and face pics. no homo. just buisness.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, Deleted member 4430, Chadrapist and 3 others
No of your face, I am a small time modelling manager. I manage a few lesser known models such as Jordan Barrett and David Gandy.

I am your best shot at getting your foot in the door send me your full body and face pics. no homo. just buisness.
Sent

Be good looking enough. Seriously.

gonna model after ascending just to quench my autism

@higgabigga but you said everyone on here is an incel

Most people on here could model

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10107 and Be_ConfidentBro
Some dude tried to pull up in an SUV when I was drenched in the rain in Manhattan some years back.

Said "I'm with a modelling agency". But I'm 5'10", not 6' :lul: , and I suspected fag vibes so I wasn't going to get in the car with some gay kidnapper (though I have robust bones and would've beat his ass)

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5292 and Be_ConfidentBro
Some dude tried to pull up in an SUV when I was drenched in the rain in Manhattan some years back.

Said "I'm with a modelling agency". But I'm 5'10", not 6' :lul: , and I suspected fag vibes so I wasn't going to get in the car with some gay kidnapper (though I have robust bones and would've beat his ass)
Same thing happened to me in miami. The guy who offered me a contract was gay, so i didnt trust him.

i am 6'2 + tho amd 90 kg of pure muscle mass, so i could break his skull, but i am really high inhib.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back