How to gymmax correctly

LilJojo

LilJojo

Equinox
If you follow all of the steps here, you wont look like a soy boy anymore.

1. Follow a good PPL (Push, Pull, Legs) program. It targets all of your muscles and allows for adequate time for muscle recovery. Bro splits etc are bro science.

2. Train with a slow and controlled manner while controlling the eccentric part of the movement till failure (Not when you push when it “pushes” back).

3. Eat with 500 calories above your TDEE.

4. Do not do excessive amounts of volume, 2 compound lifts and 2 accessory exercises for each secondary muscle.

If you follow all of these steps you are on your way to have a body that is respectable (not like 85% of the soyboys here)

• +1
Reactions: Aero, febinopry, Deleted member 51465 and 3 others
ppl routines don't make you look aesthetic, evenly distributed proper development doesn't actually look good, it just makes you look like a bloated potato.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: boss8055, RomanianZaddy, lkjmjkl5 and 13 others
ppl routines don't make you look aesthetic, evenly distributed proper development doesn't actually look good, it just makes you look like a bloated potato.
enlighten us

• +1
Reactions: AshamedToBeHere
So a greater emphasis on stuff like the shoulders, lats, upper chest, and a lesser emphasis on the lower chest, legs, and maybe even upper traps?

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, Deleted member 29690 and twilight
Red pill non sense

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 51465 and CT03
Ohp, lateral raises, rows, bench press, deadlift, curls, tricep extensions, neck curls are enough

PPL X arnold split is good? i just do one leg day and then have an entire day dedicated to shoulders and arms. The rest of the days i do chest/tri and back/bi and shoulder work thrown in there too with strong emphasis on the lats, delts and upper chest

So a greater emphasis on stuff like the shoulders, lats, upper chest, and a lesser emphasis on the lower chest, legs, and maybe even upper traps?
correct, shoulders lats and upper chest is more important than everything else, and you have to be extremely careful with your lower chest and quads because they tend to develop harder than everything else for most people which gives them the down-pointed breast look.

serratus is also extremely important, but it depends on the shape of your rib-cage, I hypertrophied mine to compensate for my narrow ribs.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, king_bandon, Loveland and 3 others
PPL X arnold split is good? i just do one leg day and then have an entire day dedicated to shoulders and arms. The rest of the days i do chest/tri and back/bi and shoulder work thrown in there too with strong emphasis on the lats, delts and upper chest
yes, golden era routines are good, but they are basically bro-splits which OP is against.

results speak for themselves though, people doing 'bro splits' look better than people following 'science based' PPL routines.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, king_bandon, p0lishsubhuman and 3 others
Push Pull x2 - Arms is the best split in my opinion.

If you’re a beginner following AeStHeTiC programs will grow your muscles less than ppl. Aesthetic programs are for intermediate people.

• +1
Reactions: MagaPutinism
yes, golden era routines are good, but they are basically bro-splits which OP is against.

results speak for themselves though, people doing 'bro splits' look better than people following 'science based' PPL routines.
Bro splits don’t allow the muscles 72 hours to recover. Following science is better than following your common “sense”. Do you think bodybuilders don’t do PPL🤣

• +1
Reactions: Pride
correct, shoulders lats and upper chest is more important than everything else, and you have to be extremely careful with your lower chest and quads because they tend to develop harder than everything else for most people which gives them the down-pointed breast look.

serratus is also extremely important, but it depends on the shape of your rib-cage, I hypertrophied mine to compensate for my narrow ribs.
Yea I overdeveloped my lower chest and quads which messed up my look - this was before I knew anything about aesthetics. lower chest makes chest look droopy and like a gymcel bodybuilders chest, and quads give the illusion of an hourglass figure especially if you overdevelop the outer portion.

I’m about to start a cut and hopefully I can reduce them. I haven’t trained either one in over 6 months and they’ve only reduced slightly but I’ve been bulking so probably shouldn’t have expected to lose much size anywhere until I cut.

Also which exercises have you been using for serratus? I’ve tried stuff like the push-up plus and I do a lot of overhead press and ab wheel rollouts which I’ve heard work it.

best exercises for this in your opinion?
dumbbell pull overs probably, it's hard to isolate them without affecting your obliques as well.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055 and twilight
Doing that is for advanced trainers, Only think about it after 2-3 years of training

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24940
Bro splits don’t allow the muscles 72 hours to recover. Following science is better than following your common “sense”. Do you think bodybuilders don’t do PPL🤣
the recovery window is based on selection bias that's exclusively performed on non to intermediate lifting college aged individuals, exercise science is largely meaningless.

some bodybuilders do ppl, but also most bodybuilders don't look good either.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055
the recovery window is based on selection bias that's exclusively performed on non to intermediate lifting college aged individuals, exercise science is largely meaningless.

Agreed it would be stupid to follow any bodybuilder or tiktok gymcel when 99% of them look like shit even if they have muscles. Most have bad proportions and are delusional thinking they actually look good.

If you’re a beginner following AeStHeTiC programs will grow your muscles less than ppl. Aesthetic programs are for intermediate people.
size is cope, more muscle doesn't make you more aesthetic.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: boss8055, User49 and MagaPutinism
Everybody’s on steroids - Nate Diaz

size is cope, more muscle doesn't make you more aesthetic.
Muscle is the foundation of being aesthetic. You can have 30kg of muscle but if your body parts compliment each other then you are aesthetic.

• +1
Reactions: MagaPutinism

Either way if you train till failure even after 48 hours you will feel your body hasn’t recovered.

Muscle is the foundation of being aesthetic. You can have 30kg of muscle but if your body parts compliment each other then you are aesthetic.
Big muscles = asthetic
Big muscles in the right ratios = more asthetic

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24789
skeleton is the foundation, muscle is what you build to make up for what you lack in it.

piling on size for the sake of gaining weight won't make you look better, most lean athletic people look better than bodybuilders despite their lack of size.
Either way if you train till failure even after 48 hours you will feel your body hasn’t recovered.
recovery time likely varies between individuals, style of training, muscle group, and even age and time spend training.

most people with large slow twitch muscles i.e calves and forearms have them as a result of daily use.

• +1
skeleton is the foundation, muscle is what you build to make up for what you lack in it.

piling on size for the sake of gaining weight won't make you look better, most lean athletic people look better than bodybuilders despite their lack of size.

recovery time likely varies between individuals, style of training, muscle group, and even age and time spend training.

most people with large slow twitch muscles i.e calves and forearms have them as a result of daily use.
Yes obviously the skeleton is the foundation, I made another point you can’t disregard my opinion by bringing other topics on the table.

I agree on the first part, you got to define what you mean by “bodybuilders” there are the amateur ones and the Mr Olympia ones. The amateur-medium bodybuilders look more aesthetically pleasing to women.

Yes but either way it takes more than 1-2 days for a muscle to fully recover after getting trained to failure on multiple occasions.

I didnt say anything about them being trained.

Yes obviously the skeleton is the foundation, I made another point you can’t disregard my opinion by bringing other topics on the table.

I agree on the first part, you got to define what you mean by “bodybuilders” there are the amateur ones and the Mr Olympia ones. The amateur-medium bodybuilders look more aesthetically pleasing to women.

Yes but either way it takes more than 1-2 days for a muscle to fully recover after getting trained to failure on multiple occasions.

I didnt say anything about them being trained.
I follow the worst program imaginable from a scientific perspective, yet somehow my results are great.

Routine333

This shtj never made sense to me people looking barely not dyel lecturing why the biggest people at mr o don't train to Maximum efficiency because of some study. Most of these bodybuilders built their muscle with bro split and it worked yet on Reddit forums people say you won't build maximum muscle jfl

This shtj never made sense to me people looking barely not dyel lecturing why the biggest people at mr o don't train to Maximum efficiency because of some study. Most of these bodybuilders built their muscle with bro split and it worked yet on Reddit forums people say you won't build maximum muscle jfl
Yeah but you obviously aren’t pumping massive amounts of testosterone/deca/mast, HGH, Insulin and Anadrol/Superdrol together. They do. For natural lifters it’s better to do a PPL, all fitness influencers do them.

you would technically build more muscle doing ppl, but it'll be muscle to your legs, lower chest and core.

• +1
Yeah but you obviously aren’t pumping massive amounts of testosterone/deca/mast, HGH, Insulin and Anadrol/Superdrol together. They do. For natural lifters it’s better to do a PPL, all fitness influencers do them.
But you literally have worse recovery as natty with more frequency then idk. Probably also depends at level cause they already are big and may need to rape their muscle to death so it grows. I think both is fine tbh there is more important metrics I just don't see the point in saying xy is bad when it works for people.

But you literally have worse recovery as natty with more frequency then idk. Probably also depends at level cause they already are big and may need to rape their muscle to death so it grows. I think both is fine tbh there is more important metrics I just don't see the point in saying xy is bad when it works for people.
At their level they have more muscle so they need to train until failure?? You obviously aren’t that experienced. That applies for all people.

If xy is bad then it will work for people, but there are more efficient ways.

you would technically build more muscle doing ppl, but it'll be muscle to your legs, lower chest and core.
That’s why people do PPL x Arnold. You lost the debate

That’s why people do PPL x Arnold. You lost the debate
then you're not technically doing ppl.

the most attractive bodies are those of swimmers and they're only training a few muscle groups that benefit them in swimming, their programs are as dysfunctional as mine, for all intents and purposes their development is extremely uneven and their methods aren't efficient, yet that's what people find desirable.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055 and ronald_98

Reading about serratus being important on this forum :feelsohh: :feelsokman:

Anterior deltoid, lats, serratus, posterior delt, the arms naturally follow if you engage in proper compound exercises for the latter.

Leg aesthetics = staying lean year long (also applies for upper body), quads definition > everything else. I tend to only do high bar squats almost ATG.

• +1
Reactions: twilight
Reading about serratus being important on this forum :feelsohh: :feelsokman:

Anterior deltoid, lats, serratus, posterior delt, the arms naturally follow if you engage in proper compound exercises for the latter.

Leg aesthetics = staying lean year long (also applies for upper body), quads definition > everything else. I tend to only do high bar squats almost ATG.
I only do deadlifts for my legs, keeps them defined and grows your ass but prevents the quads from getting large because the engagement of it in this movement is shit.

20230409 201702

• +1
Reactions: malicieusss
jfl at this thread "how to gymmax properly, +500 calories than ur tdee" more like how to get a bloated ogre face with fat gymcel body

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7
jfl at this thread "how to gymmax properly, +500 calories than ur tdee" more like how to get a bloated ogre face with fat gymcel body
you won't grow much past the 50% of beginner gains unless you're eating enough.

• +1
you won't grow much past the 50% of beginner gains unless you're eating enough.
I only care about bodyfat and frame tbh... I just do cardio and work shoulders and chest and I look like brad pitt in fight club with better hip/shoulders ratio and I look more elongated

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ronald_98 and Brus Wane
then you're not technically doing ppl.

the most attractive bodies are those of swimmers and they're only training a few muscle groups that benefit them in swimming, their programs are as dysfunctional as mine, for all intents and purposes their development is extremely uneven and their methods aren't efficient, yet that's what people find desirable.
Why do you care so much

it’s all about frauding genes
indeed, you shouldn't try to get as big as possible because it usually doesn't end up looking good.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055 and User49
My shoulders are already

At their level they have more muscle so they need to train until failure?? You obviously aren’t that experienced. That applies for all people.

If xy is bad then it will work for people, but there are more efficient ways.
So if I train 3 sets to failure for a muscle or 20 + 5 drop set it's the same failure?

If you look how hard these people train you understand it's different than some influencer doing 3 set and stop 1 rep before failure so maybe for them it's better to have bro split is what I meant

What’s your take on full body work out 3-4 times a week?

What’s your take on full body work out 3-4 times a week?
probably too much for naturals unless they don't go that hard.

• +1