How to help anxiety/depression?

Anxiety is often the result of a decrease of GABA or an overexcitation of glutamate. Therefore, it would make sense to take GABA receptor agonists such as Benzodiazepines, Phenibut, Picamilon, and alcohol. The problem with these more powerful GABA agonists is that while they promote GABA they also reduce glutamate’s excitatory effect on NMDA receptors. This makes the NMDA receptors hypersensitive to glutamate while desensitizing the GABAergic receptors, causing the withdrawal symptoms that are so commonly associated with these substances. Herbal extracts such as Ashwagandha, Magnolia Bark, and Lemon Balm work as mild GABA agonists to better help deal with and lower withdrawal symptoms.

Neurosteroids such as DHT may also prove to be more effective because they are positive allosteric modulators (PAMs) of GABA and aren't addictive like benzos and barbiturates. Point is, with the right combination of these said compounds we can potentially find a safe and consistent cure for anxiety as well as find a solution for lowinhibness without the drawbacks of other known substances.
Any idea on how to improve GABA receptor sensitivity and decrease that of glutamate receptors?

Much more importantly though, the real question is, how do these chronic/recurrent neurotransmitter imbalances arise in the first place and contribute to seemingly incurable diseases such as OCD, epilepsy and tourette's?

A drink helps me short-term but I always bounce back again to the shitty baseline.

To fix depression: Don't be depressed. It's that easy.

Try to get your head space right. Set some goals. Look forward to the future etc.
Great one retard.

I take da benz but only for sleep, it doesn't do anything for me in a social, working, or otherwise situation but make me drowzy.

Perhaps some beer or vodka will help with social anxiety.

Last edited: