How to know what you exactly look like in the eyes of others?

Deleted member 616

Deleted member 616

BeChadOrDieTryin'
I look best in mirror / windows reflection, especially with the optimal lighting. Mirror selfie and cellphone selfie with mirror reflection are also good. Sometimes I even think I'm chadlite when the lighting is nice.

But when someone takes a pic for me with mobile, or when I turn off the mirror reflection on selfie, then it's catastrophe. My facial bloat / asymmetry will stand out.

If someone takes a photo of me with professional camera, then it looks OK. The asymmetry is not very obvious.

My past girlfriends all said that I looked way better irl, but they surely viewed me through rose-colored glasses.

Conclusion : window > mirror > mirror selfie > selfie with reflection > professional camera > selfie without reflection > mobile photo taken by others

I don't even know my true image now :feelskek:

• +1
Reactions: FMLplus and Deleted member 611
My past girlfriends all said that I looked way better irl
IRL compared to camera right?
And yeah, everyone looks worse in selfies due to lens distortion.

You'd know in the way they treat you.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 611, Phad and Nibba
IRL compared to camera right?
And yeah, everyone looks worse in selfies due to lens distortion.
Selfie. I seldom had pictures taken from cameras.

Everyone looks better irl than in pics

• +1
Reactions: dogtown, Wool, Deleted member 470 and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 616
>implying I care about how I look in the eyes of others.

Gauge your value in their life and wether they treat with you value above, at, or below of the value that you preceive yourself to be

• +1
Reactions: Wool and Deleted member 616
I look better in motion and in my YouTube videos at least the ones where I remove lens distortion

Yea I wonder about this too, how the fuck does one know exactly how others are seeing them? Is it what you look in mirror, mirror selfie, selfie, Snapchat selfie, etc? I think it also depends on how far the person is away from you when talking, if close it’s gonna be close to your selfies, if far close to mirror, confusing af

• +1
Reactions: Wool and Deleted member 616
Gauge your value in their life and wether they treat with you value above, at, or below of the value that you preceive yourself to be
Then the way they treat me is pretty much on par with my self perceived value : friendly in general, but no particular privileges. Not a lot of female attention, but some could be attracted to me. Hence I'm a normie.

Back phone camera recording from an arms length is probs most accurate

Last edited:
Selfie cameras make my nose look bigger than it is and it looks distorted as fuck. Also makes my midface longer.
The best thing is to get a DSLR camera, get someone to stand 7 metres away and take a high quality photo.

• +1
Mobile phone taken by others is catastrophic I agree, makes me want to rope seeing myself like that

• +1
Reactions: Swagwaffle and Deleted member 616
I look best in mirror / windows reflection, especially with the optimal lighting. Mirror selfie and cellphone selfie with mirror reflection are also good. Sometimes I even think I'm chadlite when the lighting is nice.

But when someone takes a pic for me with mobile, or when I turn off the mirror reflection on selfie, then it's catastrophe. My facial bloat / asymmetry will stand out.

If someone takes a photo of me with professional camera, then it looks OK. The asymmetry is not very obvious.

My past girlfriends all said that I looked way better irl, but they surely viewed me through rose-colored glasses.

Conclusion : window > mirror > mirror selfie > selfie with reflection > professional camera > selfie without reflection > mobile photo taken by others

I don't even know my true image now :feelskek:
You look worse to yourself in photos vs mirrors because you look in mirrors the majority of the time and are used to seeing your flipped self, and ignore flaws. When you see yourself the right way round you notice flaws because it is drastically different. But IRL people have only ever seen you that way round so won't think anything of it and won't notice these 'major flaws' you see yourself.
And if you really think about it, how can flipping something make it look worse, it at worst just makes you look different, it's only you that you look worse for.

• +1
Reactions: GenericChad1444 and Deleted member 616
You look worse to yourself in photos vs mirrors because you look in mirrors the majority of the time and are used to seeing your flipped self, and ignore flaws. When you see yourself the right way round you notice flaws because it is drastically different. But IRL people have only ever seen you that way round so won't think anything of it and won't notice these 'major flaws' you see yourself.
And if you really think about it, how can flipping something make it look worse, it at worst just makes you look different, it's only you that you look worse for.
exactly

anyway I'd say a recording from at least 2-3m away is needed for an accurate portrayal

• +1
exactly

anyway I'd say a recording from at least 2-3m away is needed for an accurate portrayal
I mean for giving other people the vid to rate you. But if you are rating yourself through that vid and it is the opposite way / front camera you will perceive yourself different.

I guess you are right. I used to have a Samsung whose front camera had no mirror reflection by default, and over time I didn't find anything bad about my selfie (of course I didn't know any looks theory then either). Now my front camera basically makes mirror like photos, and I start to freak out at my pics taken by others.

• +1
Reactions: Wool
I guess you are right. I used to have a Samsung whose front camera had no mirror reflection by default, and over time I didn't find anything bad about my selfie (of course I didn't know any looks theory then either). Now my front camera basically makes mirror like photos, and I start to freak out at my pics taken by others.
It's only because of two things: You obviously pay extreme attention to yourself, not just because it's your own face, but also because you know about lookism.

• +1
So... How exactly does people see you? I look deformed in non-mirrored pictures, but in Snapchat/mirrors/windows I look very good.

@Master @11gaijin can you tell swagwaffle to change his avatar to something else, he keeps taking other people's avatars. Thanks

Females usually walk in the opposite direction when they see me.

Must be overwhelmed by how attractive I am tbh.

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel and dogtown
Females usually walk in the opposite direction when they see me.

Must be overwhelmed by how attractive I am tbh.

That's how they treat you. Imagine how they treat a 2/10 truecel like me. :feelsrope:

• +1
Reactions: Insomniac
That's how they treat you. Imagine how they treat a 2/10 truecel like me. :feelsrope:

Are you intimidating to look at ?
Because I have a trucel friend but he’s the soyboy of the school so must females use him for attention.

Because I have a trucel friend but he’s the soyboy of the school so must females use him for attention.
>soyboy friend
>death to cucks

This doesnt not compute

• +1
Reactions: dogtown
Define "intimidating." As far as height/frame goes: I'm only 5'11 and my shoulders are average despite being underweight.

• +1
Reactions: dogtown
>soyboy friend
>death to cucks

This doesnt not compute

I say ‘friend’ but it’s a strange relationship, I take the piss out of him for being a soyboy, he calls me a incel for my views on women. Tbh I’m a really ‘bad’ friend to him, but he brings it on himself

Use your drivers license picture

Define "intimidating." As far as height/frame goes: I'm only 5'11 and my shoulders are average despite being underweight.

B32E1FF4 C921 4A59 96AF 5ADC724191CF
F1C53BC0 92C8 4378 B937 47890CB93C5F

Both incel looks to me, but when is literally scary and one is not remotely intimidating just extremely unattractive B32E1FF4 C921 4A59 96AF 5ADC724191CF

• +1
Reactions: Michael Myers
  • +1
To be honest, the one on the left resembles me more, based on how women treat me. I'm a shitskin curry myself.

Yep women are cruel

• +1