How to learn advanced english vocabulary?

.🇹🇩.

.🇹🇩.

Kraken
I want to start learning 20-50 advanced english words everyday. words that i can incorporate in my daily english to make me sound smarter or words used in corporate environment. where do I find advanced words to learn, I searched some anki decks but there doesn't seem to exist anything. is there a baseline for advanced english vocabulary.

Read autistic essay-long roasts on looksmax and lookism

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15899, germanlooks, Ryan and 12 others
read recent bestsellers until you can talk with new wors easily in a casual talk.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15099, BigNigga69, hebbewem and 2 others
read recent bestsellers until you can talk with new wors easily in a casual talk.
reading takes a lot of time, I just need a source where I can memorise advanced vocabulary with en-en meaning and maybe a sentence example with it.

reading takes a lot of time, I just need a source where I can memorise advanced vocabulary with en-en meaning and maybe a sentence example with it.
like that, you can only "fake" it. memorize most used 3000 words then but i doubt if you can enhance really like that.

You're gonna forget those new words very fast if you don't read them repeatedly and used in various sentences and contexts...

"advanced English" is a vague term. There are countless variants of the English dialect and even more variations of vocabulary within those dialects.

If you want to learn corporate lingo, read corporate texts. That is, read documents(PDFS; plenty of free ones on Google using search engine operators) and books on corporate systems and structure. You'll discover new words and writing styles by doing so.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa
I want to start learning 20-50 advanced english words everyday. words that i can incorporate in my daily english to make me sound smarter or words used in corporate environment. where do I find advanced words to learn, I searched some anki decks but there doesn't seem to exist anything. is there a baseline for advanced english vocabulary.

reading and writing on looksmax helped me a lot in improving my formal inglish, I widened my vocabulary and improved the way I connect phrases.
I suggest reading scientific studies on the subjects you are interested in, to really learn a good use of English

• +1
Reactions: Ryan and .🇹🇩.
I want to start learning 20-50 advanced english words everyday.
You’ll probably forget 90% of those the very next day, besides, they’ll most likely be redundant as well as you’ll very rarely have to use them.

Furthermore, learning the meaning of the words isn’t enough, you need to know when and how to use them, if you cannot properly incorporate the advanced words while constructing your sentences, they’ll just sound off.

That being said, I’ll tell you how I extended my vocabulary, it was mostly trough reading and writing.

I read a lot of books a few years back and would often search up the meanings for the words I did not understand and would only resume once I had comprehended them. You’ll also subconsciously grasp the meaning of certain words you’ve repeatedly read (or heard) in certain contexts.

Lastly, when writing, I often search up synonyms for certain words that better express what I wish to portray in my text, I also don’t like repeating a lot of words very often.

• +1
Reactions: hebbewem and .🇹🇩.
read a dictionary, very useful for finding and looking up words and more rewarding than a phone
searching up synonyms to expand on a simple word helps too

make sure you're still coherent, when people plug in a bunch of words it can be very obvious and esl-like

• +1
Reactions: .🇹🇩.
Interacting with people on looksmax improved my formal English considerably. It enabled me to expand my vocabulary and improved my ability to connect phrases.
I suggest (that) you read scientific studies about topics of your interest to enhance your English skills
Fixed it for you, perhaps you learn something

Reading is the best way to learn languages anything else, like anki decks and shit, is a waste of time and will only get you to a certain level

Reading is the best way to learn languages anything else, like anki decks and shit, is a waste of time and will only get you to a certain level
Anki is good at the beginning and if learning specific vocab. Reading is the best way overall.

• +1
Reactions: lutte
How to learn pronunciation and accent though

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
How to learn pronunciation and accent though
Videos, movies, listening to podcasts, talking to native speakers

• +1
Reactions: gamma