How to lose a genetical double chin?

D

Deleted member 10699

Solstice
I'm like 16 bodyfat, maybe? I can see my full ribcage in good lighting. Anyways, my double chin is huge, and my dad also has a huge double chin, same as my grandad. What can I do? Are there any procedures for that? I feel like my double chin is a huge flaw.

• +1
Reactions: EasternRightWinger15
There is no such thing as a 'genetic double chin at low bf' you're bones are just recessed.
If your bones were forward grown and upswung, they would act as a scaffolding and stretch out the skin over them giving a taut appearance. Since you are recessed there is nothing for the skin to hang off, hence it just sags loosely looking like a double chin.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mike21, bleachmaxxer69, StalinCel and 7 others
There is no such thing as a 'genetic double chin at low bf' you're bones are just recessed.
If your bones were forward grown and upswung, they would act as a scaffolding and stretch out the skin over them giving a taut appearance. Since you are recessed there is nothing for the skin to hang off, hence it just sags loosely looking like a double chin.
Can a beard and 12 bodyfat help, then?

Can a beard and 12 bodyfat help, then?
no matter how much bf you drop t you are still recessed, it's not gonna make a difference, your skin will just sag. Instead of that make sure you lengthen and advance your mandible.

no matter how much bf you drop t you are still recessed, it's not gonna make a difference, your skin will just sag. Instead of that make sure you lengthen and advance your mandible.
No, I mean to hide it. I will never have a bimax because of how risky the operation is.

It also could be a low-set hyoid bone what is causing his double chin tho.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9090, Deleted member 5583 and LastHopeForNorman
When I turn my head a little bit, my skin just folds into making a big double chin.

Screenshot 2021 01 19 10 29 47 804 commiuigallery
IMG 20210119 102839

IMG 20210119 102820

IMG 20210119 102902

I want it, at least, to have an average side.

hyoid bone position is determined by muscles, so it is not gnetic, the attachments of those muscles are to the mandible and sternum/clavicles, so if you have recessed jaws and have forward head posture you will have a low set hyoid, if you get in proper posture, your hyoid will shift accordingly

submental lip + dieting
16%, u probably 21% and still fat asf at 16

submental lip + dieting
16%, u probably 21% and still fat asf at 16
Why can I see my full ribcage, then? I see no abs, but I see my ribs. I'm dieting, btw. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Why can I see my full ribcage, then? I see no abs, but I see my ribs. I'm dieting, btw. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
send pic and I will try to analyze

There's no such thing as a genetic double chin, your chin is recessed and the only way to correct it is by fillers/surgery. No way around it, you can try those chin exercises that involve stressing the muscle fibres around your chin but it's very minimal change and takes a lot of dedication to it.

Only way that seems viable is by beardfrauding, grow a nice thick beard and shape it into whatever chin you want.

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates, bleachmaxxer69, Deleted member 9090 and 1 other person
There's no such thing as a genetic double chin, your chin is recessed and the only way to correct it is by fillers/surgery. No way around it, you can try those chin exercises that involve stressing the muscle fibres around your chin but it's very minimal change and takes a lot of dedication to it.

Only way that seems viable is by beardfrauding, grow a nice thick beard and shape it into whatever chin you want.
I want to do that.

" If you're trying to prettyboymax maybe growing a beard isn't right for you either." Fuck!

32da0e55cee06a6aa8c9a574b505d2f6.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9090
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9090
Will I improve after cutting it to 12?
in my experience, greg doucette's and kinobody's, you need 8-9% and this is it.
lower you look skeletal, 8-9 is a peak
consider, with 500 cal deficit a week, you gonna lose 0.5% bf a week, u need around 20 weeks and you are done

in my experience, greg doucette's and kinobody's, you need 8-9% and this is it.
lower you look skeletal, 8-9 is a peak
consider, with 500 cal deficit a week, you gonna lose 0.5% bf a week, u need around 20 weeks and you are done
I want to get to that, but I mean, will I notice improvements in the "journey"? Like, will I be better with 16% than at what I'm now?

I want to get to that, but I mean, will I notice improvements in the "journey"? Like, will I be better with 16% than at what I'm now?
no one knows that, you just cant guess

not always true

OP could just have fat in his submental area that doesn't go away even at low bf

need pictures to judge

edit: just seen the pics, I'd do genioplasty + submental lipo although it's still hard to tell whether you actually have alot of fat under there or if it's muscle tissue

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: bysontallou
not always true

OP could just have fat in his submental area that doesn't go away even at low bf

need pictures to judge

edit: just seen the pics, I'd do genioplasty + submental lipo although it's still hard to tell whether you actually have alot of fat under there or if it's muscle tissue
My dad has the same fat as me and the same recessed chin.

My dad has the same fat as me and the same recessed chin.
ideally I think you should get bimax, but genioplasty to bring your chin forward + maybe submental lipo might be good enough

but I'll tag @RealSurgerymax for you

ideally I think you should get bimax, but genioplasty to bring your chin forward + maybe submental lipo might be good enough

I'll never get bimax.

Could you post pics of your smile and you raising the hyoid by mewing? It will make it easier to assess if there's any problems

Could you post pics of your smile and you raising the hyoid by mewing? It will make it easier to assess if there's any problems
Later, I'm in class right now.

• +1
Reactions: StrangerDanger

Yes double jaw surgery and genioplasty.

This is more skin & hyoid bone position than fat.

can a chin shield be a good camouflage for smtn like a deepbite/mild overbite cause i really dont wanna spend ~12 months in braces

I'll get to super low bodyfat then and maybe get a genio. I want to avoid bimax

its probably bone related

however you can try kybella