How to maintain testosterone levels while on most antidepressants

HighTierNormie

HighTierNormie

aesthetic ethnic
Apart from the obvious answer of just injecting T, are there any ways to maintain test levels when on psych medications like MAOI, SSRI, SNRI, etc
From what I read it seems that they all increase LH and FSH and then crash testosterone, but it doesn't seem obvious by how much testosterone is affected.

^ this video says they are not affected that much but need more opinions
side question: by how much is test lowered when on sertraline compared to parnate

@Cope

Antidepressant :soy::soy::soy::soy:

antidepressants don't do anything in anyone that isn't literally about to neck themselves and even in that demographic it doesn't improve their quality of life.

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss and Deleted member 20652
Apart from the obvious answer of just injecting T, are there any ways to maintain test levels when on psych medications like MAOI, SSRI, SNRI, etc
From what I read it seems that they all increase LH and FSH and then crash testosterone, but it doesn't seem obvious by how much testosterone is affected.

side question: by how much is test lowered when on sertraline compared to parnate

@Cope

Just to ask you the obvious, test itself is a powerful antidepressant, did you get your levels measured to make sure they are in range?

they are good for lowering inhibition try a benzo and start cold approaching woman on the street and you will see what i mean immediately

Just to ask you the obvious, test itself is a powerful antidepressant, did you get your levels measured to make sure they are in range?
my testosterone is in the high normal range with low SHBG I haven't had a test for it in a year so am looking to get it done privately but I am more interested in lowering inhibition, as well as i don't want my sex drive any higher plus I dont want to shut down my HPTA until im 25 at least

Drink water + subliminals.

• +1
Reactions: HighTierNormie
testosterone is an anti depressant

testosterone is an anti depressant
yh but the only way to increase testosterone consistently for that benefit is trt which has a lot of its own issues, i still would use test but i want to wait a few years until my natural production starts to drop

What about bupropion

Can you mix anti depressants with steroids

I actually need them

Serious answers only I have a script for anti and I take roids I'll ask the doctor

Serious answers only I have a script for anti and I take roids I'll ask the doctor
yes i am being serious
the brain side effects of high testosterone and the hormonal side effects of SSRI's are countered by each other, it is a good pairing

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20368
yes i am being serious
the brain side effects of high testosterone and the hormonal side effects of SSRI's are countered by each other, it is a good pairing
Sounds good I have the pills on me now

Can you mix anti depressants with steroids

Yeah be on TRT then your Testosterone levels stay high no matter what and lifestyle factors can't affect your Testosterone levels if you're on exogenous testosterone

I recommend a MAOI like selegiline

A parkinsons medication for dopamine production like Levodopa

And for insomnia take a TCA (tricyclic antidepressant) like Amitriptylin

But don't take actual ssri . Those are bad

• +1
I recommend a MAOI like selegiline

A parkinsons medication for dopamine production like Levodopa

And for insomnia take a TCA (tricyclic antidepressant) like Amitriptylin

But don't take actual ssri . Those are bad
Why are they bad I have a script for it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20652
Why are they bad I have a script for it

According to Ray peat ssri is bad. Because serotonin is bad

Better ask your doctors to switch to Amitriptyline. I did that and I feel better on amitriptyline compared to ssri

//UNCLE THOMAS

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18361 and Deleted member 20368
When I was on SSRI (prozac), my shit barely worked and I was 19 wtf. It’s quite well-known that SSRIs cause sexual side effects.

Then, a few years later I tried bupropion (Wellbutrin) and it made me even hornier.

So, my advice is stay away from SSRIs, and try Bupropion.

When I was on SSRI (prozac), my shit barely worked and I was 19 wtf. It’s quite well-known that SSRIs cause sexual side effects.

Then, a few years later I tried bupropion (Wellbutrin) and it made me even hornier.

So, my advice is stay away from SSRIs, and try Bupropion.
Did it get rid of your symptoms? I had a script for Prozac but I was too scared to try it

Honestly bro my dick is low end of average to begin with but I'm willing to try ssri if it gets rid of the symptoms. Did it make you high? Feel better?

I've tried a bunch of drugs crack steroids mdma but never anti depressants

Did it get rid of your symptoms? I had a script for Prozac but I was too scared to try it
Yeah prozac side effects stopped when I stopped the drug. In between bupropion and prozac I never used anything and I was fully functional.

And bupropion, if anything, made me a lot hornier.

I was feeling well both on SSRI and bupropion but it’s a very different type of being “well”. In SSRIs, it was complete shutting down of my brain. WW3 could have happened next to me and I wouldn’t be bothered. Same thing with enjoyable events too, though, nothing would affect my mood, it was too stable.
I was like a total zombie, which is something I don’t want to live again.

In bupropion, I was energetic and lively but wasn’t bothered by negative events. I could still enjoy the positives though. I would much rather be like this.

None of these drugs made me “high”, those happen usually with amphetamines, methylphenidate and (to a lesser extent) Modafinil.

• +1
Yeah prozac side effects stopped when I stopped the drug. In between bupropion and prozac I never used anything and I was fully functional.

I was feeling well both on SSRI and bupropion but it’s a very different type of being “well”. In SSRIs, it was complete shutting down of my brain. WW3 could have happened next to me and I wouldn’t be bothered. Same thing with enjoyable events too, though, nothing would affect my mood, it was too stable.

In bupropion, I was energetic and lively but wasn’t bothered by negative events. I could still enjoy the positives though. I would much rather be like this.

None of these drugs made me “high”, those happen usually with amphetamines, methylphenidate and (to a lesser extent) Modafinil.
Well tbf, first 2-3 days of bupropion, I was a little bit of high but it quickly went away.

I probably gotta try them did they make you weaker?

How long for the effects to kick in? I'm thinking of using it tbh seems like a good drug for temporary use until I get my issues fixed

How long for the effects to kick in? I'm thinking of using it tbh seems like a good drug for temporary use until I get my issues fixed
Prozac takes a bit long don’t remember exactly, with bupropion it shutted down whatever negative and self-perpetuating thought I have in a few days.

• +1
Reactions: TheMewingBBC and Deleted member 20368
Prozac takes a bit long don’t remember exactly, with bupropion it shutted down whatever negative and self-perpetuating thought I have in a few days.

Ok bro I am gonna try it gonna call my doc tomorrow just to make sure it doesn't interact with test

• +1

@Cope

I'm a hypocrite since I literally take ADHD meds. But SSRIs won't help in any long term capacity. At best they will numb you so you feel nothing which is useful if your truly miserable. But this is short lived take SSRIs if your about to rope otherwise I would not take them.

The only reason they should ever be used is if you can't stand to live another day. And then it works as a temporary bandage so you can get your life back together.

• +1
I'm a hypocrite since I literally take ADHD meds. But SSRIs won't help in any long term capacity. At best they will numb you so you feel nothing which is useful if your truly miserable. But this is short lived take SSRIs if your about to rope otherwise I would not take them.

The only reason they should ever be used is if you can't stand to live another day. And then it works as a temporary bandage so you can get your life back together.

Ok but they do work though right? Like you won't think about the bullying etc.

Ok but they do work though right? Like you won't think about the bullying etc.
Yeah alcohol would probably work better though. Also it stops working and being numb is bad. No sex drive apathetic and no motivation. SSRIs basically get rid of your ability to feel anything extreme and stop the anxious drives you have. This is good if you have unbearable depression/anxiety but bad long term

Its the same shit as smoking weed everyday. Weed would probably be cheaper too. Depends also most people who are depressed have a good reason for being that way. If your working at walmart 10 hours a day for 8 an hour its not a chemical inbalance that causes you to feel like shit

• +1
Reactions: TheMewingBBC and Deleted member 20368
Yeah alcohol would probably work better though. Also it stops working and being numb is bad. No sex drive apathetic and no motivation. SSRIs basically get rid of your ability to feel anything extreme and stop the anxious drives you have. This is good if you have unbearable depression/anxiety but bad long term
Dude just shutt he fuck up jfl

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 11126

Ok but will it make you stop going to the gym? Cause I'm willing to take it but I gotta keep going to the gym

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
  • +1
im on SSRI and my TSH was 2.15 , it is in the upper limits of the normal range. Under 2 is ideal .