How to make protein bars.

Orc

Orc

diagnosed autist
going to keep this as short as possible because you basically only need to know the variables.

the requirements to make a good protein bar are as follows.
  • fat, any oil or butter will work, without this the bar will be dry.
  • liquid, milk works, yoghurt also works, skim milk also works, water probably works too but I haven't tested that, you need this to dissolve the protein powder.
  • sugar, you can use any candy you want for this, this will also be the flavoring so choose wisely.
  • protein powder, whey works best, casein probably works too but you'll be able to use less because it absorbs far more moisture.
  • filler, pretty much anything works for this, and this is largely what controls the volume of the bar and the calories it holds, for lower calorie options you want something airy like puffed rice or buckwheat which has a lot of volume, muesli works, rasped coconut works, just about any cereal will work like cornflakes.
now some examples, I use vanilla whey for all of these, it combines the easiest with the most flavors.

coconut rasp with white chocolate (the chocolate is inside, as well as the coating), these are made with coconut oil and coconut milk.

20240309 120617

without coating.
20240301 210701

buckwheat and milk chocolate.
20240227 174537

puffed rice + marshmellows + strawberry flavoring.
20240222 140414

for these I blended dried banana chips, and mixed them with dried gojiberries and chia seeds.

20240616 201112

chocolate caramel and puffed rice.

20240419 125534

muesli white chocolate and currants.

20240526 234334

also currently I've got bars made from those haribo bananas mixed with puffed rice.

20240709 232603

20240710 210621

the amount you use of each of the ingredients is personal preference for the most part, after you add the whey it should have a mortar like consistency, use an electric mixer to blend it with the filler with the dough hooks.

almost all of these bars have around 7 to 20 grams of protein.

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: TechnoBoss, SubhumanForever, Lookologist003 and 42 others
Bookmarked

• +1
Reactions: cannotbeasked and 14vic
will the bars fix my midface ratio

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: GlamourPursuer, zub111, Sodoku and 7 others
oh by the way I know they look like shit but all protein bars look like shit, even the commercial ones, appealing looking protein bars literally do not exist.

• +1
Reactions: Lookologist003, got.daim, Zelenskyiv and 8 others
oh by the way I know they look like shit but all protein bars look like shit, even the commercial ones, appealing looking protein bars literally do not exist.
they look tasty lowkey

20240707 120843
20240627 174136
20240623 103627
20240627 190657
20240623 103459
20240620 164226

I'll make a guide on pie soon it's even easier than protein bars, you can make it with skyr so it'll be high enough in protein to eat for lunch or breakfast everyday, which is literally what I do.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss, Eiei, got.daim and 8 others
Mirin, bookmarked I’m gonna make these on Sunday

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
Good stuff. I'm currently on a cut using clen and proviron, some of your recipes here have helped me feel satiated while staying relatively low in calories and high in protein.

going to keep this as short as possible because you basically only need to know the variables.

• liquid, milk works, yoghurt also works, skim milk also works, water probably works too but I haven't tested that, you need this to dissolve the protein powder.
  • sugar, you can use any candy you want for this, this will also be the flavoring so choose wisely.
  • protein powder, whey works best, casein probably works too but you'll be able to use less because it absorbs far more moisture.
  • filler, pretty much anything works for this, and this is largely what controls the volume of the bar and the calories it holds, for lower calorie options you want something airy like puffed rice or buckwheat which has a lot of volume, muesli works, rasped coconut works, just about any cereal will work like cornflakes.
now some examples, I use vanilla whey for all of these, it combines the easiest with the most flavors.

coconut rasp with white chocolate (the chocolate is inside, as well as the coating), these are made with coconut oil and coconut milk.

View attachment 3023631
without coating.
View attachment 3023639

View attachment 3023640

View attachment 3023642

for these I blended dried banana chips, and mixed them with dried gojiberries and chia seeds.

View attachment 3023646

View attachment 3023661

View attachment 3023662

also currently I've got bars made from those haribo bananas mixed with puffed rice.

View attachment 3023657
View attachment 3023651
View attachment 3023664

the amount you use of each of the ingredients is personal preference for the most part, after you add the whey it should have a mortar like consistency, use an electric mixer to blend it with the filler with the dough hooks.

Bookmarked

sugar, you can use any candy you want for this, this will also be the flavoring so choose wisely
do you think that xylitol can work as a sugar substitute

it looks good if some day i have the patience i might try it

Need more cooking guides chef orc

• +1
Reactions: Lookologist003 and Ryldoo IS COPING
Nothing but carbs and sugar

Looksmin.org

• +1
Reactions: FaceandBBC
  • JFL
Reactions: Lookologist003
too much work. i just buy twinkies and proteins bars from the local grocery store with food stamps

• Love it
Reactions: Lookologist003

View attachment 3023631
without coating.
View attachment 3023639

View attachment 3023640

View attachment 3023642

View attachment 3023646

View attachment 3023661

View attachment 3023662

View attachment 3023657
View attachment 3023651
View attachment 3023664

looks immaculate, good thread keep it up

if you aren't eating sugar your body will just produce it on it's own through glycogenolysis or gluconeogenesis,
Carnivore mogs. If you eat anything other than meat, you’re cucking yourself.

• Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Lookologist003 and FaceandBBC
everything that tastes good has carbs in it but enjoy.
I don’t eat for taste. I eat for the proper and optimal human diet.

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: got.daim and Ryldoo IS COPING
thank you for this amazing guide chef orc
not much of a guide these are just the ingredients.

speaks for itself though, heat butter with liquid, put sugary shit in it, add protein, mix, add filler.

• Love it
Reactions: ryuken
no point there arent rly any in my area, also taking mushrooms when u dont have much knowledge is like waiting to poison urself, its better to buy spores n grow them
20221006 175849

they're easy to identify due to this waxy layer on the cap when you break it.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Lookologist003 and ambi
Whats ur camera? Looks very good