How to not seem like an autist at surgery consult?

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

Respectable gentleman.
I'm meant to have a virtual consultation tomorrow about orbital box osteotomy.

I don't know if the surgeon knows this is what I'm gonna be asking about though, and I don't want him to think I'm retarded while we are looking at each other.

I'm kind of socially awkward so will feel self conscious if he can see me and thinks I'm mental or something

How do I talk about this in a way to actually try and convince him to consider doing it?
:feelsmega:

Just talk about what you want boyo, most surgeons would be impressed its quite obvious they get patients like you. Most people research what surgery they want before getting it.

Normies think about plastic surgery for years he will just think its been on your mind for a while or smth.

just say you got severely bullied for your looks and you want to change them. he won't ask questions or judge you

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17345, Deleted member 20565, Nims and 1 other person
just say you got severely bullied for your looks and you want to change them. he won't ask questions or judge you
Only works if ur deformed or if it's something common like nose or chin tbh

Just talk about what you want boyo, most surgeons would be impressed its quite obvious they get patients like you. Most people research what surgery they want before getting it.

Normies think about plastic surgery for years he will just think its been on your mind for a while or smth.
Most people would be consulting for an actual advertised procedure

• +1
Reactions: Nims
Only works if ur deformed or if it's something common like nose or chin tbh
Nah trust me, @pneumocystosis is saying the truth surgeons will not question it.

If you just say you have dysmorphia or smth they will say that's understandable and let you have the surgery.
At the end of the day its your body and they wont stop you unless its like lefort 2-3 or something extream.

• +1
Reactions: pneumocystosis and optimisticzoomer
Most people would be consulting for an actual advertised procedure
I guess but if its something he offers just say you looked into it and though it would be the best option available.

Maybe lie and say you have a friend studying to be a surgeon and he suggested it.

• +1
Reactions: pneumocystosis
Nah trust me, @pneumocystosis is saying the truth surgeons will not question it.

If you just say you have dysmorphia or smth they will say that's understandable and let you have the surgery.
At the end of the day its your body and they wont stop you unless its like lefort 2-3 or something extream.
I said in the thread it's a box osteotomy lmao

• JFL
Reactions: Nims
I said in the thread it's a box osteotomy lmao
Oh shit my bad. Yeah thats quite extream lol.

But Im sure if its something the surgeon is familiar with then I don't see an issue, just lead it that way and say after doing some research you where possibly thinking a box osteotomy would be a good idea.

Tbh a surgery like that would be quite hard to get so you might just need to contact a lot of surgeons, and be straightforward with what you want.

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
>consultation for orbital box osteotomy
>not seeming like an autist

pick one

• JFL
Reactions: Pharmaceutic, currentjoys, LightSkinNoob and 1 other person
Oh shit my bad. Yeah thats quite extream lol.

But Im sure if its something the surgeon is familiar with then I don't see an issue, just lead it that way and say after doing some research you where possibly thinking a box osteotomy would be a good idea.

Tbh a surgery like that would be quite hard to get so you might just need to contact a lot of surgeons, and be straightforward with what you want.
Ye I've contacted loads, most either didn't reply or said no. This consult is one where the clinic responded saying that yes, he does box osteotomies, but it wasn't the actual surgeon himself who responded

>consultation for orbital box osteotomy
>not seeming like an autist

pick one
If I had spoken with him first and ideally sent pictures and then he had still agreed for consult it wouldve been fine, but just going straight in like this is gonna be quite embarrassing I think

If I had spoken with him first and ideally sent pictures and then he had still agreed for consult it wouldve been fine, but just going straight in like this is gonna be quite embarrassing I think
the type of surgeon who does stuff like box osteotomies probably isn't the type of dude to turn you down for coming across aspie or something. only forum aspies are gonna come in and ask for an orbital box osteotomy anyway.

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer and Deleted member