How to prevent or minimize the chances of being doxxed on the clear web

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
Think of why you would be doxxed in the first place
If you are a huge target like you are running an anonymous twitter account or you are well known on a forum then its much harder. The single easiest way to prevent doxxing is to not be worth anyones time. If people hate you enough there are various ways you can be doxxed but chances are if your a nobody no one would ever bother doing anything complex so I will only be going over the easiest ways to be doxxed. At some point it becomes nearly impossible not to get doxxed if enough eyes are on you.

Never reveal too much information
Especially outside of dms. If your in a server or forum don't be revealing specific information. Think of every piece of information as a way to narrow you down. If you say something as trivial as your exact age your country/state/city and a few physical descriptions you've already extremely narrowed yourself down. So try to be vague and never too specific. The one time I was doxxed (although this guy was cool and never used the info) was when I was describing my college he already knew my state. And just by the description of the environment he was able to look it up and find my exact college then a database with people of my major ect.

Strategic misinformation
If you are going to reveal specific information then also say slight lies. If your 20 say 22 things that only slightly change your story. If you have some untrue information it will make it harder to put together a narrative and this will make true things you say less likely to be used against you.

Using a vpn or tor
This is useful when opening any links you don't trust I recommend trying to normally using a VPN.

Clear your chats and dms after leaving an internet identity
If your planning on leaving an account make sure to wipe all your chats the info will still exist for years on a server but at least it won't in public servers or dms.

If you have seperate internet identities never do anything to tie them together
Like for example if you use looksmax don't make a profile pic thats the same as your twitter handle. Also don't do things that are extremely similar at all costs try to keep these identities with as little similarities as possible different emails ect.

Conclusion:
Biggest way to prevent being doxxed is to not make a lot of enemies if people really hate you then its harder to prevent being doxxed. Don't reveal stupid information that can be used to narrow down a search and try to use a VPN. Most likely if your a normal person no one is going to spend a lot of time doxxing you so they will try basic things like social engineering which means you give the info out yourself it won't be some hacker type shit.

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 14392
Tldr: this all depends on how badly people want to dox you. If your doing illegal stuff or run a controversial site with a lot of people hating you then you will need to do some serious opsec. But the truth is the biggest way to not get doxxed is to be unimportant.

So the best way is to not make it easy and to not be worthwhile.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Its late. Im business owner and all information about my income, even birth date were leaked from government websites. :feelswah:
Removed my names from every social media but web remember everything.

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 11126
Its late. Im business owner and all information about my income, even birth date were leaked from government websites. :feelswah:
Removed my names from every social media but web remember everything.
Idk thats not really what I mean by doxxing. I mean an anonymous identity being connected with an irl one

I'm pretty sure most of our data exists on some database like social security. Deepweb has a lot of that info collected. Modern privacy with shit like 9 digit social security codes is a joke

Idk thats not really what I mean by doxxing. I mean an anonymous identity being connected with an irl one

I'm pretty sure most of our data exists on some database like social security. Deepweb has a lot of that info collected. Modern privacy with shit like 9 digit social security codes is a joke
at least its hidden from normies. But in my case im open book for everyone that know my surename.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
at least its hidden from normies. But in my case im open book for everyone that know my surename.
I mean so people know your income? Is that so bad? Does it say your social? Also I would look into a lawsuit maybe you can get some money

Strategic misinformation
If you are going to reveal specific information then also say slight lies. If your 20 say 22 things that only slightly change your story. If you have some untrue information it will make it harder to put together a narrative and this will make true things you say less likely to be used against you.
You could invent a whole fictional life - edit photos and add in them a wife or girlfriend, kids, friends, trips to other countries, fake check-ins to restaurants, hotels, bars, etc.; some celebrities have hired people that do this full time for them to project a fake public image.

• +1
You could invent a whole fictional life - edit photos and add in them a wife or girlfriend, kids, friends, trips to other countries, fake check-ins to restaurants, hotels, bars, etc.; some celebrities have hired people that do this full time for them to project a fake public image.
@curlyheadjames does this I'm pretty sure

nah im not a larper but i do use a vpn on this site to make it look like im in a different city than i am

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15302
besides idgaf about this shit whats any nigga gonna do? expose me? are they gonna personally come beat my ass? nah nigga. all this internet bs is gay af. i move airbnbs once every couple months so im practically uncatchable anyway not like ive done anything bad but still

• +1