HOW TO PULL YOUR MAXILLA FORWARD [DEFINITIVE GUIDE]

so if this soo cheap and easy why dont doctor niggas use them
Because most orthodontists are using outdated information and just want money. Most orthodontic appliances destroy forward growth during youth

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, stuckneworleans, CopeAndRope and 1 other person
I am afraid the focus on this appliance is going to be more on foreward pulling than on expansion, unless of course the assisting orthodontist agrees to implememt some screws and shit into the dental appliance. But that would be too complicated for him to do, wouldn't it?

Would an ortho be willing to make something as sophisticated as this:

https://looksmax.org/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facepulling.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F11%2Ffacepulling-headgear-appliance.png&hash=c41306bc383b4aab50d4c4f67753e2d9

?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: lll, TheAscendedOne and Luke LLL
I am afraid the focus on this appliance is going to be more on foreward pulling than on expansion, unless of course the assisting orthodontist agrees to implememt some screws and shit into the dental appliance. But that would be too complicated for him to do, wouldn't it?

https://looksmax.org/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facepulling.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F11%2Ffacepulling-headgear-appliance.png&hash=c41306bc383b4aab50d4c4f67753e2d9

?
Where did you find this pic? This looks amazing, I was just thinking about this

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne
  • +1

?
It's not sophisticated at all. It's ingenious, yes, because it's so simple.

It's really an easy job for any ortho-lab because you don't even have to work with the teeth, just make a mold of your upper palate and gum and stick a facebow(the steel component) in it.

It costed me less than $40, but I heard some guys paying $70 and upward.

My advice is to go to ortho-labs far from the city centre and less fancier/luxurious.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and SayNoToRotting
I will ask them to make this , i really need a wider palate , my smile and lips are fucked

Im 16 yo , do they accept minors ?

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Marsiere214
They will NEVER evet accept
Explain them your reasons. Or ask a cool uncle, or someone over 18yo. Man, you have to figure out some shit yourself. You can't let the first obstacle stop you.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Luke LLL
Explain them your reasons. Or ask a cool uncle, or someone over 18yo. Man, you have to figure out some shit yourself. You can't let the first obstacle stop you.

Hehey dont worry im motivate the problem is that i have already a normal jaw for my parents i dont need that
But i want to lookmax so bad , anyway , what do they tell you for you ? Do they ask you your age ?

• +1
Hehey dont worry im motivate the problem is that i have already a normal jaw for my parents i dont need that
But i want to lookmax so bad , anyway , what do they tell you for you ? Do they ask you your age ?
I'm almost 30yo, so no, lol. I suggest you to make a list of all the labs around you, and visit until you find the one that does it for you. Don't get discouraged.

• +1
I'm almost 30yo, so no, lol. I suggest you to make a list of all the labs around you, and visit until you find the one that does it for you. Don't get discouraged.

I will call the company this weekend and wait till i have more money
Do you paid with bills ?

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, Catawampus and GoMadAndSTFU
Hey,

Not sure if it was answered here but how are you measuring the force being pulled?

Also where did you come up with 1.5KG of force, and are you going to increase or decrease force as time goes on?

Thanks

• +1
Hey,

Not sure if it was answered here but how are you measuring the force being pulled?

Also where did you come up with 1.5KG of force, and are you going to increase or decrease force as time goes on?

Thanks
I measured it with a newton scale
61P72FcudXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

1.5kg was the force I was comfortable enduring for longer periods of time. It can be different for everyone. I will steadily increase the force overtime.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, giving120everyday and Luke LLL
Hi can I see the kind of bolts that you used? Were they low profile

• +1
Revolutionary stuff..

Bone pulling..

We're out of the stone age with this bonesmashing stuff

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, stuckneworleans, Deleted member 1553 and 3 others
What about applying a straight forward force without upward force/minimal upward force? Is this possible with the type of appliance used here? Because maybe not everyone will benefit from an upswing knowing that it would make the face shorter?

• +1
What about applying a straight forward force without upward force/minimal upward force? Is this possible with the type of appliance used here? Because maybe not everyone will benefit from an upswing knowing that it would make the face shorter?

You can apply the types of directional forces that suits the best and regulate the intensity of each one individually. In fact I'm doing exactly that, applying a strong forward force with medium/low upward force.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Alexanderr
Ok, I will try this.

• +1
Does it make shit my teeth or not ?
I have already a mold,how to make yourself an infra oral appliance ?

• +1
What kind of occlusions do you have? Are you treating a recessed maxilla, or a long, downward grown maxilla?
I used to have an overbite as a kid (Class II), which was treated with braces, so im guessing they pushed that motherfucker back further.
In THEORY if the maxilla was displaced forward, the lower jaw would move with it, but im pretty sure this would just create another overbite.

Ronald Ead also said in his latest video that hes stopping using face-mask, because the displacement is just going to cause overjet. His lower jaw was dislocating trying to keep up with the upper.

What do you think?

Thanks.

• +1
What kind of occlusions do you have? Are you treating a recessed maxilla, or a long, downward grown maxilla?
I have a recessed maxilla.

I used to have an overbite as a kid (Class II), which was treated with braces, so im guessing they pushed that motherfucker back further.
In THEORY if the maxilla was displaced forward, the lower jaw would move with it, but im pretty sure this would just create another overbite.
Most orthodontists don't give a damn about our forward growth, as long as they can fix the overbite (even though it will create future problems) they will do it and pull your maxilla back instead of displacing your jaw forward.

Ronald Ead also said in his latest video that hes stopping using face-mask, because the displacement is just going to cause overjet. His lower jaw was dislocating trying to keep up with the upper.

What do you think?
It all depends on how strong are the pulling forces. If you apply really strong faces to create a quicker displacement, your body will not be able to keep up organically with the re-alignment.

Let's say you are getting 1mm forward growth per month, which is insane, your jaw will follow the displacement, but the re-alignment of the gonial angle is more complicated and takes more time, and this without considering all the other bones that have to "reshape" themselves. So, yeah, you can have an uber accelerated forward growth, but the chances of achieving some unwanted deformity are higher. that's why I recommend focussing more on how long you wear the appliance more than that the force applied.

1550804363-1548770546-gif-1.gif

I know I keep posting this gif, but there are so many important insights you can get from. With the displacement of a central bone like the maxilla, everything will change, among the others your hyoid bone, even your skull, and nose shape.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets, TheAscendedOne, WatchFaceandLMSBois! and 5 others
@MewKing are you gonna try this
It's not sophisticated at all. It's ingenious, yes, because it's so simple.

It's really an easy job for any ortho-lab because you don't even have to work with the teeth, just make a mold of your upper palate and gum and stick a facebow(the steel component) in it.

It costed me less than $40, but I heard some guys paying $70 and upward.

My advice is to go to ortho-labs far from the city centre and less fancier/luxurious.
The metal wires are called a face bow or the little expander piece is called that?

Last edited:
  • +1
@MewKing are you gonna try this
Don't tell him lol. He's gonna make it mainstream showing it to fucking normies on his channel and then goodbye to our edge.
The metal wires are called a face bow or the little expander piece is called that?
This is a facebow.
Face-Bow_poliert_2119_Internet_3489.jpg

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Luke LLL
Don't tell him lol. He's gonna make it mainstream showing it to fucking normies on his channel and then goodbye to our edge.

This is a facebow.
Face-Bow_poliert_2119_Internet_3489.jpg
Thank you, talking to orthodontic labs now, ordered neck brace I’m in California. Are you in the USA?

• +1
  • +1
Will this work after your mid 20s?

are the bones still malleable?

• +1
Will this work after your mid 20s?

are the bones still malleable?
I built this explicitly for people over 20s cause mewing becomes a cope after that age and you need something stronger to see quicker results.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2816, TheAscendedOne and SayNoToRotting
  • +1
@Zuvay it doesn't make your teeth shit.
I don't reccomend doing it yourself, go to an orthodontic laboratory (not a doctor) and commission it to them.

If you still want to do it yourself, this is a good tutorial:

• +1
Thank you, talking to orthodontic labs now, ordered neck brace I’m in California. Are you in the USA?
I plan on speaking to orthodontic labs next week in NY, but fear I will eventually have to make the device myself. Have you had any success with orthodontic labs in CA ? In most states, an orthodontic laboratory making/delivering this type of appliance for anyone other than a dentist is illegal.

• +1
did anyone see any progress yet?

• +1
I plan on speaking to orthodontic labs next week in NY, but fear I will eventually have to make the device myself. Have you had any success with orthodontic labs in CA ? In most states, an orthodontic laboratory making/delivering this type of appliance for anyone other than a dentist is illegal.
I’m going to try to fanangle my way into getting it made man. We can’t just quit at the first bump in the road.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, Catawampus, TylerDurden and 1 other person
This may be stupid question, but is there more aggressive methods aka more force to be applied to maxilla bone (For more forward growth). I am willing to risk.

• +1
1756.jpg

• +1
This may be stupid question, but is there more aggressive methods aka more force to be applied to maxilla bone (For more forward growth). I am willing to risk.
Yes, you can pull as much as your appliance (or your face) can endure.

In the beginning, as a test, I applied 4kg of pulling force, but after a few minutes it started hurting like hell and my upper palate went numb for a bit.

• +1
Yes, you can pull as much as your appliance (or your face) can endure.

In the beginning, as a test, I applied 4kg of pulling force, but after a few minutes it started hurting like hell and my upper palate went numb for a bit.
Thanks for fast reply, lol i pull palate with this thing, ngl if i pull very strong, i feel it in my face, even nasal bone, but you get fatigued very easily (such a good arm excercise). Obvious problem was my strength to endure pulling.
20191016 195842

I am thinking of attaching other part of the thing to chains, give it a handle, and then maybe call a friend to pull for me. I don't know any more extreme method than this. Either you looksmax or die how they say (cope or rope)

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets, TheAscendedOne, GoMadAndSTFU and 1 other person
Thanks for fast reply, lol i pull palate with this thing, ngl if i pull very strong, i feel it in my face, even nasal bone, but you get fatigued very easily (such a good arm excercise). Obvious problem was my strength to endure pulling.
View attachment 137646
I am thinking of attaching other part of the thing to chains, give it a handle, and then maybe call a friend to pull for me. I don't know any more extreme method than this. Either you looksmax or die how they say (cope or rope)
Man, I like your ambition, but your methods are really autistic.

I don't want you to hurt or deform yourself.

That thing you're using is not of the right shape, it has to be of the shape of your palate, and also you have to close your mouth while pulling because you don't want your lower jaw to stay back.

How old are you?

• +1
Man, I like your ambition, but your methods are really autistic.

I don't want you to hurt or deform yourself.

That thing you're using is not of the right shape, it has to be of the shape of your palate, and also you have to close your mouth while pulling because you don't want your lower jaw to stay back.

How old are you?
This covers front of my palate, and reaches top of it, i can close my mouth in a sucking position, can't pretty much do anything for sides, you got your point there, i can say with confidence that - as long it is in my hands, i am injury free. 16, and i will look up to improvise this, we, or atleast i need harder force, so hard that i will cry.. like to the point where i need to wait bone process to actually recover

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Iamthewalrus01
i will look up to improvise this, we, or atleast i need harder force, so hard that i will cry.. like to the point where i need to wait bone process to actually recover
:lul: lol, I suggest you to focus more on the amount of time you apply the force, rather than the quantity of force itself.

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets and TheAscendedOne

Last edited:
  • +1
:lul: lol, I suggest you to focus more on the amount of time you apply the force, rather than the quantity of force itself.
Is one hour enough (I feel it through the day)? How much till maxilla drops back

• +1
@CopeAndRope this thread gave me hope again, but I got some questions... Should I confront my orthodontist about it? Because my parents won't let me get such a thing with out experts' advice...
Also how do I know how many kg of force I apply?
What can I expect if I want the mandible to naturally follow the maxilla, 1 mm a month, half a mm a month or even less?

Thanks for this amazing idea tho :)

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and GoMadAndSTFU
@CopeAndRope this thread gave me hope again, but I got some questions... Should I confront my orthodontist about it? Because my parents won't let me get such a thing with out experts' advice...
Also how do I know how many kg of force I apply?
What can I expect if I want the mandible to naturally follow the maxilla, 1 mm a month, half a mm a month or even less?

Thanks for this amazing idea tho :)
It's funny 'cause I just made a follow-up post about this appliance -> https://looksmax.org/threads/designing-a-new-orthodontic-appliance.54974/
Anyway, yes confront your ortho, tell him about it.

I measure the force with a newton scale
61P72FcudXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• +1
DISCLAIMER: I'm not a doctor, I'm not an orthodontist, I'm just a random guy on the internet with a slightly recessed maxilla. You're personally responsible for your choices, actions and results, this guide is for informational purposes only.

In this post I will explain how easy and cheap it is to effectively pull your maxilla forward/upward with a homemade device, obtaining so a more aesthetic facial structure.

1. MAKE A MOLD OF YOUR UPPER PALATE.

You can do it yourself ordering the materials online, OR you can just go to any local dental laboratory and let them do it for you professionally for less then $10.

Orthodontic_Plaster-White.jpg

2. BUILD THE INFRA-ORAL APPLIANCE.

Build the infra-oral appliance around your mold. Again, you can build it yourself, OR you can go to any local professional Orthodontic laboratory where a qualified person can make it for less than $40.

View attachment 126507

You need to give them clear instructions:
-It doesn't have to tip the teeth in any way shape or form.
-It has to be shaped and fit perfectly to your upper palate.
-It needs a facebow inserted inside as in the photo.

Extra requirement for comfort:
-Tell them to coat the central part with a softer material like dental silicone, because I realized the acrylic it's just too hard on the internal walls of your mouth when pressed for long periods of time.

3. BUILD THE FACEPULLER.

1569175029339-jpg.117622

You need to order a neck brace on Amazon/eBay for less than $10. Two steel brackets, as in the photo, and 4 bolts with 4 nuts.
-Make two holes on the front of the neck brace. You can use a drill or heat up a screwdriver with your kitchen stove.
-Assemble the brackets on the neck brace.

4. NOW YOU CAN WEAR IT

Use simple rubber bands (or even springs) to hook the appliance to the facepuller.

View attachment 118515

Below a blurred photo of me while wearing it. :feelskek:

View attachment 118544

HOW MUCH DO I WEAR IT? HOW MUCH FORCE TO APPLY?

In this study
researchers applied 500g of forward force to the palate of adult rhesus monkeys for 4 months and saw drastic changes in their facial bone structure.

adult-orthotropics.png

I try to wear it as much as possible (12+ hours every day) and I'm currently applying 1,5kg of force. However, it depends on how comfortable one can be with the appliance. The goal here is to apply enough force to create the maxilla displacement, but not so much to not be able to sleep while wearing it.

A big thank you goes to this guy here that inspired me to action.
how do you know the force your applying?

• +1
At what angle does the force need to be applied? I think this is a very important question for optimal forward growth.

• +1