How to put contacts lenses?

F

futurfrenchchad

Iron
I really struggle to put my contacts, my lashes always prevent them from getting to my eyeball. And even when the lenses touch the eyeballs, they dont stick to it. Can you give me some advice ?

What I do is to put the lens at the very tip of my finger and then go up to a mirror, usually wall mounted, and get as close as possible to it. Then I use one hand to basically try and open up the eye by moving the eyelids and then the finger with the contacts puts the contact in the eye. Usually if the contact doesn't stick to your eye it's because the eye is dry or the the contact is too dry. Just drink water or dip the contact back into the solution you got it from to soak it. If it refuses to work and I don't have enough time I will throw the contact out and get another one.

First time I got contacts it took 30 minutes to put in one eye, now I can put in one in a few seconds if all goes well.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13868
What I do is to put the lens at the very tip of my finger and then go up to a mirror, usually wall mounted, and get as close as possible to it. Then I use one hand to basically try and open up the eye by moving the eyelids and then the finger with the contacts puts the contact in the eye. Usually if the contact doesn't stick to your eye it's because the eye is dry or the the contact is too dry. Just drink water or dip the contact back into the solution you got it from to soak it. If it refuses to work and I don't have enough time I will throw the contact out and get another one.

First time I got contacts it took 30 minutes to put in one eye, now I can put in one in a few seconds if all goes well.
Thanks, i’m gonna try and make an update!!

I really struggle to put my contacts, my lashes always prevent them from getting to my eyeball. And even when the lenses touch the eyeballs, they dont stick to it. Can you give me some advice ?
Did you buy colored contacts?

• +1
Reactions: Lars
Colored?

Thanks, i’m gonna try and make an update!!

Good luck but at least for me it took me some time, and many lost contacts, to be able to get it sorta consistently right.