How to stop mistaking friendliness for sexual interest?

Richard_Hungwell

Richard_Hungwell

Gold
It's so rare for sexually attractive women to even be friendly towards me in a platonic way that whenever it happens, I can't help but start dreaming and misinterpreting it as romantic interest...only to later inevitably get my feelings raped when I find out she doesn't feel the same way about me. Arguably, emotional rape is much worse than physical rape because with physical rape, your asshole or whatever will heal within a week, but emotional rape can sometimes take months or YEARS to truly heal...

How do I tell the difference between a woman just being really nice towards me and treating me like a human being vs. her being into me?

(Btw, I'm not turboautistmaxxed where I think a female cashier smiling at me means she wants to marry me...I'm talking more like a woman that I've known for a little while who is super friendly and open towards me, regularly initiates and holds conversations with me, has broken touch barrier with me, has joked about me giving her massages and stuff, asks about me when I'm not there, etc. and then I later find out she has a boyfriend. That sort of thing.)

Another thing that makes it even more difficult is that I rarely have the opportunity to see how they interact with other men...to see if they are this friendly with other men in general, or if I'm special to her.

• +1
Reactions: M-1014 and vermillioncorefan
Women are the ones who need to stop mistaking friendliness for sexual interest. Ltb shaniquas will act like you want them if your too nice

• Hmm...
Reactions: Richard_Hungwell
doesn’t matter

• JFL
Basically unless a girl makes it extremely obvious they find you attractive by outright telling you or making it clear, you should assume they dont want you, they just want your attention.

If you assume shes attracted too early it will turn her off hard, its seen as arrogant and cringy. Best bet is to not try to hard to pursue girl’s romanticly instead try to become friendly,comfortable and trustworthy with them so you have a chance

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
Women are the ones who need to stop mistaking friendliness for sexual interest. Ltb shaniquas will act like you want them if your too nice
Hmm...I've never had this problem before. Not attractive enough to have this problem, I guess.
Basically unless a girl makes it extremely obvious they find you attractive by outright telling you or making it clear, you should assume they dont want you, they just want your attention
Hmm...yeah...that's how I used to operate, until I met this one woman who is showing me more IOIs than any other woman ever has in my entire life. It's just hard not to dream sometimes. It's hard to go back to the idea of having no prospects.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: vermillioncorefan and BadmanGangstar
Accept yourself as truecel

• +1
Accept yourself as truecel
Yeah...you probably right. Sometimes I just need to hear it from someone else. Oh well...was nice to dream for a little while...