How to studymaxx?

C

CyprusGD

Banned
First year college student.

Calculus and Chemistry are somewhat kicking my ass because I can barely focus / would rather do other things.

Anything that can help with focus and increase intelligence as well? Please help.

• +1
Reactions: justinzayn
take notes and repeat everything you learned each time you have class, also look up things you didnt understand

or be like me and just do nothing all semester and then when the exam comes brute force it for 2 days

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: mogging, litaz, ChristianChad and 5 others

Calculus and Chemistry are somewhat kicking my ass because I can barely focus / would rather do other things.

Anything that can help with focus and increase intelligence as well? Please help.
How is your mindset ( like are you very redpilled, or blackpilled ) and how is your performance with the bitches ( virgin, some slays through ltr only, some ons or hook ups, etc)

• JFL
Reactions: litaz and CyprusGD
how do you stop finding reading so painfully boring and mind numbing, asking for a friend

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, justinzayn, Deleted member 3828 and 2 others
Getting off this site.

• +1
Reactions: mogging, Pikabro and Corleone
adderall

• +1
Reactions: CyprusGD

Need to practice daily to win those easily

• +1
Reactions: CyprusGD and Deprived

If you want to try really hard, you find your syllabus (breakdown for your class) and figure out what chapters you’ll be doing for each class.

Prior to the class, read the chapter for that class beforehand and use the lecture as an aide material.

Realistically, find out what textbook questions are assigned if any and hammer those out such that they are aligned with your chapters/readings.

For example, if the next upcoming lecture is based on chapter 3, then do the assigned questions (if any) for chapter 3, or try to read over your lecture notes and do questions related to those notes if you don’t have questions specifically assigned.

Targeting questions is the best way to prepare and ace classes. Everything else is waste.

For example, you may be assigned chapter 3, but chapter 3 might actually be 60 pages worth of textbook reading, but in reality you are only being tested on 15 of those pages. You won’t know until you take a look at the assigned questions or what your professor is posting (PowerPoints, their own notes, etc.).

Use assigned questions/professor notes as a way to figure out what you need to be learning before trying to read the entire chapter.

As for focus, best you can do is go to a library and place yourself in isolation.

Studying in your room can be extremely hard.

I personally live by “libraries are for studying, rooms are for sleeping and sex”.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Tobias Fünke, Deprived, Alexanderr and 5 others
If you want to try really hard, you find your syllabus (breakdown for your class) and figure out what chapters you’ll be doing for each class.

Prior to the class, read the chapter for that class beforehand and use the lecture as an aide material.

Realistically, find out what textbook questions are assigned if any and hammer those out such that they are aligned with your chapters/readings.

For example, if the next upcoming lecture is based on chapter 3, then do the assigned questions (if any) for chapter 3, or try to read over your lecture notes and do questions related to those notes if you don’t have questions specifically assigned.

Targeting questions is the best way to prepare and ace classes. Everything else is waste.

For example, you may be assigned chapter 3, but chapter 3 might actually be 60 pages worth of textbook reading, but in reality you are only being tested on 15 of those pages. You won’t know until you take a look at the assigned questions or what your professor is posting (PowerPoints, their own notes, etc.).

Use assigned questions/professor notes as a way to figure out what you need to be learning before trying to read the entire chapter.

As for focus, best you can do is go to a library and place yourself in isolation.

I personally live by “libraries are for studying, rooms are for sleeping and sex”.
Thx bro. You seem to know your shit. Are you in university?

take notes and repeat everything you learned each time you have class, also look up things you didnt understand

or be like me and just do nothing all semester and then when the exam comes brute force it for 2 days
No. That's very ineffective.

OP needs to do active recall and spaced repetition

Do Ritalin every 3 days. You'll want to end it all in a month, but at least you'll gain ~50 IQ for the first dozen uses.

• JFL
Reactions: Pikabro
how do you stop finding reading so painfully boring and mind numbing, asking for a friend
Take speed and hope it doesn't just make you jerk off all day

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Pikabro and Moggie
it’s OVER for you

Take speed and hope it doesn't just make you jerk off all day
seen people cook their brains with this type of shit jfl at becoming a junkie

• So Sad
Reactions: apocalypse
Read Cal Newports books (Deep Work, So Good They Can't Ignore You, Digital Minimalism) and listen to his podcast. It'll help you out a lot if you implement the advice. Good luck!

• +1
Thx bro. You seem to know your shit. Are you in university?
Graduating in December from a 4 year finance program in North America.

Will be working full time January.

Graduating in December from a 4 year finance program in North America.

Will be working full time January.
personal finance major?

interesting, whatre u gonna do exactly?

personal finance major?

interesting, whatre u gonna do exactly?
Not personal finance, just finance.

I studied business administration with a concentration in finance.

I’m working at a financial institution (will not specify due to privacy) as a financial analyst.

Methylphenidate

• +1

Listening to brown noise while studying helps me immensely. The Adderall too, of course, but brown noise still makes a difference.

A few tips:
- Study in an environment with little to no distractions, if possible, do not study in the same room you sleep or do other stuff
- Turn off any gadgets, except the one required, ideally, keep them away as well

No substance will increase your intelligence but some can help with increased focus and concentration.
Such as;
- Modafinil
- Adderall
- Ritalin
- Caffeine
- Bromantane // Works surprisingly well with caffeine, at least for me, kept me wired for a few hours, not as wired as Adderall but you don't need to be.

Probably a couple I forgot but yeah, any of these substances can really help with focus.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and CyprusGD
reject the slave life

You did it buddy!

Listening to brown noise while studying helps me immensely. The Adderall too, of course, but brown noise still makes a difference.

A few tips:
- Study in an environment with little to no distractions, if possible, do not study in the same room you sleep or do other stuff
- Turn off any gadgets, except the one required, ideally, keep them away as well

No substance will increase your intelligence but some can help with increased focus and concentration.
Such as;
- Modafinil
- Adderall
- Ritalin
- Caffeine
- Bromantane // Works surprisingly well with caffeine, at least for me, kept me wired for a few hours, not as wired as Adderall but you don't need to be.

Probably a couple I forgot but yeah, any of these substances can really help with focus.
Thanks man. You in university?

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr
An unorthodox way to possibly find the task more bearable is by using amphetamine (adderall) to habituate your brain to it.

So the thing about amphetamine is that it produces incredible amounts of dopamine (dopamine increasing focus, making reading easier) while simultaneously habituating your brain to whatever activity you repeatedly engage in shortly prior to, and after intake.

This I believe is because of Hebb's Law. I haven't looked at the literature in a bit but your brain subconsciously makes associations with repeated exposure.

The trick here is to have your attentional circuitry "wire" with the neuronal circuit that fire while you're reading. So that over time activity in one facilitates activity in the other.
Which it will eventually be if both systems are synchronously active, repeatedly.

Adderall has also been shown to induce neuroplasticity in small doses. So in addition to increased focus, it concurrently facilitates the rewiring of your brain by increasing neuroplasticity.

Allowing your brain to easier adapt or habituate itself to long periods of intensive reading, without requiring adderall.

• +1
Reactions: Moggie

OP this is basically the thing that made me go from a 2.0 to a 3.7 in HS years back.

Uni libraries are very good for studying, your uni might also have study rooms you can check out which are even better.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, bara and CyprusGD
OP this is basically the thing that made me go from a 2.0 to a 3.7 in HS years back.

Uni libraries are very good for studying, your uni might also have study rooms you can check out which are even better.
Yeah. I wanna combine this with Ritalin and Creatine (Creatine increases iq according to a study).

• +1
Reactions: Deprived
Yeah. I wanna combine this with Ritalin and Creatine (Creatine increases iq according to a study).
Do you drink coffee? If so you can also add caffeine + L-theanine

Yup, currently studying finance.
bro Im third year in cs and planning to take ritalin could you please share any detailed knowledge/experience -if you have any-with us ?

• +1
Do you drink coffee? If so you can also add caffeine + L-theanine
Nah I never drink coffee. I’ll start tho if it helps.

I’ve been doing poorly in math and chemistry so I really need to boost myself know what I mean?

bro Im third year in cs and planning to take ritalin could you please share any detailed knowledge/experience -if you have any-with us ?
You’re in computer science? That’s great, is C++ difficult?

• +1
Reactions: efes
only if you started programming with high end languages like javascript,python and you might require great cs knowledge to master it

• +1
I've tried it a dozen times and it enhances your focus extraordinarily. At all times the dosages I took were 5mg, XR. Although I prefer IR.

I usually took it when reading, so I'd start reading for 15 mins, take it and continue reading for maybe another 5-6 hours. With intensive focus throughout.

The only negative is that it sort of blunts your emotions and turns you into a robot, sorta. You'll know once you've used it.

One thing to note when taking Ritalin or any other stimulant for that matter is that you need to remove or reduce environmental distractions.

You're likely wondering why, since it increases focus. It does increase your focus but with the caveat that you can still get into focusing on other things very easily.

Don't take it too often, max 4 days a week. Avoid taking it in the evening as it upregulates your adrenergic signaling likely altering the quality of your sleep.

Stimulants can be life-changing tools if used efficiently and purposefully, good luck.

• Love it
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: CyprusGD, efes and Niklaus Mikaelson
Doubt creatine will result in anything meaningful, as someone who's done many hours of researching into the field of "smart" drugs or whatever. There's truly no substance that will increase your general intelligence.
Some substances can make you feel like you're more productive, say stimulants but they will not actually make you more intelligent.

• +1
Reactions: Erik-Jón
I've tried it a dozen times and it enhances your focus extraordinarily. At all times the dosages I took were 5mg, XR. Although I prefer IR.

I usually took it when reading, so I'd start reading for 15 mins, take it and continue reading for maybe another 5-6 hours. With intensive focus throughout.

The only negative is that it sort of blunts your emotions and turns you into a robot, sorta. You'll know once you've used it.

One thing to note when taking Ritalin or any other stimulant for that matter is that you need to remove or reduce environmental distractions.

You're likely wondering why, since it increases focus. It does increase your focus but with the caveat that you can still get into focusing on other things very easily.

Don't take it too often, max 4 days a week. Avoid taking it in the evening as it upregulates your adrenergic signaling likely altering the quality of your sleep.

Stimulants can be life-changing tools if used efficiently and purposefully, good luck.
You can only get it thru a prescription right?

only if you started programming with high end languages like javascript,python and you might require great cs knowledge to master it
I see. Wish me luck. And good luck to you bro

What’s the point of studying maxxing for you

You can only get it thru a prescription right?
Well, no, if you're at college guaranteed there's a shit ton of people using it and selling it. Some get it from a friend that's prescribed them and others buy them. Personally, I'm in the latter group. Though I'm in the process of getting a prescription.

• +1
Well, no, if you're at college guaranteed there's a shit ton of people using it and selling it. Some get it from a friend that's prescribed them and others buy them. Personally, I'm in the latter group. Though I'm in the process of getting a prescription.
Is it worth getting a prescription? Is it actually worth it?

If you plan on using it long-term, yes, probably.
I mean do you think it would have a positive effect on long term life shit or is it better to go without?

And can I get a prescription and just only use it when I need grind and focus

I mean do you think it would have a positive effect on long term life shit or is it better to go without?

And can I get a prescription and just only use it when I need grind and focus
If you know how to utilize it properly, it can absolutely have you become someone you thought of as impossible before. Emphasis on the if. Many hyper-productive elites use this shit, don't get me wrong.

That said, the side effects might not suit you so you need to try and see if it's something you can stick with.
You'll need a strict regimen for what you'll use it for. Otherwise, you'll find yourself using it for everything.

Max. dosage and mandatory breaks as well because if you take too much, too often, you could quite frankly kill brain cells. There are a few other concerns with using it that everyone should consider prior to use. Albeit these are all things you learn if you do your due diligence before taking the drug.

As you see it's not all sunshine and rainbows, nevertheless, I reiterate what I said before. This can change your life for the better tremendously- if you don't go at it blind.

• +1
Reactions: UglyGod360, lasthope and Erik-Jón
If you know how to utilize it properly, it can absolutely have you become someone you thought of as impossible before. Emphasis on the if. Many hyper-productive elites use this shit, don't get me wrong.

That said, the side effects might not suit you so you need to try and see if it's something you can stick with.
You'll need a strict regimen for what you'll use it for. Otherwise, you'll find yourself using it for everything.

Max. dosage and mandatory breaks as well because if you take too much, too often, you could quite frankly kill brain cells. There are a few other concerns with using it that everyone should consider prior to use. Albeit these are all things you learn if you do your due diligence before taking the drug.

As you see it's not all sunshine and rainbows, nevertheless, I reiterate what I said before. This can change your life for the better tremendously- if you don't go at it blind.
What’s it feel like?

(to much information)
After I do the do I can think clearly and have a quiet mind for like 10 minutes and it feels crazy, is it like this?

I know I don’t need the medication to function but it definitely could help me a lot

What’s it feel like?
The first time I used it was really intense, I didn't expect it. So much so that I felt it was a tad detrimental to studying.
I felt like regardless of what was thrown at me I'd be able to handle it.

I didn't experience euphoria nor did I think I turned into a genius.
It was more the feeling I could hold extraordinary focus on any subject no matter how boring it was. I do not believe such intense focus is possible naturally, at least not in non-life-threatening situations. Point is, I felt like I could learn anything, given enough time.

The dosage was 10mg, so not much at all relative to what others often take. It was certainly too much for me at the time though so I lowered it to 5mg. Effects are still very noticeable at 5-7.5mg but I don't experience the agitation, increased heart rate, and dilated pupils as I did at 10mg.

• +1
The first time I used it was really intense, I didn't expect it. So much so that I felt it was a tad detrimental to studying.
I felt like regardless of what was thrown at me I'd be able to handle it.

I didn't experience euphoria nor did I think I turned into a genius.
It was more the feeling I could hold extraordinary focus on any subject no matter how boring it was. I do not believe such intense focus is possible naturally, at least not in non-life-threatening situations. Point is, I felt like I could learn anything, given enough time.

The dosage was 10mg, so not much at all relative to what others often take. It was certainly too much for me at the time though so I lowered it to 5mg. Effects are still very noticeable at 5-7.5mg but I don't experience the agitation, increased heart rate, and dilated pupils as I did at 10mg.
My problem is I’m to cocky, I will walk into a 8 page test and rely souly on memory and intuition and spend 5 minutes studying right before

Eventually this will bite me in the ass hard, but so far it works

I can’t be bothered to sit and study I just procrastinate then it’s 12pm and I go to sleep saying ahh I’ll study before school then I don’t

This is only g12 so it’s easy peasy but in university ima need to be able to study for hours at a time