How to test your forward growth (Pics inside). See what your face will look like after doing facepull.

FUCK.

So no CCW rotation from MSE + FM, right?
I would not try.

Every clinical case was pulling at an angle below the occlusal plane. I would pull at a -30 degrees angle

Won Moon, creator of MSE clearly said he thinks CCW rotation is not possible.
That pic shows what happens when pulling at a negative degree.

I think it was like 17 but not sure

Damn thats pretty nice then. U can see pretty big advancements to their eye areas in those pics

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
@nelson @Slyfex8 http://www.njcponline.com/article.a...me=21;issue=7;spage=854;epage=858;aulast=Kale

This study says there's not much of a significant statistical difference between the groups with and without skeletal anchorage
@Slyfex8 you'll never forget this
The increase in the visibility of sclera, which is symptom of midfacial hypoplasia, is reduced by successfully treating maxillary protraction in adolescent patients”
Do they talk about the angle btw? Would be useful for us

@Slyfex8 you'll never forget this

Do they talk about the angle btw? Would be useful for us
I’ve only skimmed through it; I’m in the belief that if you bone anchor the maxilla you can expect LeFort level changes. We need to find a way to anchor the maxilla after MSE. The FaceMask is good but it blocks the mandible from growing. I’m making a modified version of CopeAndRopes facepuller that is directly anchored to the punctures post MSE treatment

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Luke LLL and Deleted member 685
I’ve only skimmed through it; I’m in the belief that if you bone anchor the maxilla you can expect LeFort level changes. We need to find a way to anchor the maxilla after MSE. The FaceMask is good but it blocks the mandible from growing. I’m making a modified version of CopeAndRopes facepuller that is directly anchored to the punctures post MSE treatment
The face bow does not block the mandible. Maybe the mask does.
Also why not just leave the MSE in and pull from it if you get it.

The face bow does not block the mandible. Maybe the mask does.
Also why not just leave the MSE in and pull from it if you get it.
It depends on the person; for me personally I’m installing MSE and MSDO at the same time so I don’t get TMJ. So I wouldn’t know how to anchor the bone in

• +1
Reactions: Luke LLL
Hell no I’ll look like a dog if my maxilla was pulled forward as far as I could jut

In theory there's nothing like 'genetic potential' holding you back, is it? In the monkey study for example, the monkeys got results although one would guess monkeys would be quite forward grown, and also, if your bones can become recessed like crazy, they sure can also grow in other directions if direct there.
I don't know much about mandible surgeries, isn't there anything that could bring your jaw forward from behind the dental arch, thinking some kind of distraction osteotomy...

@Slyfex8 I'll haunt you forever

@Slyfex8 still waiting

Facepulling devices are also delivered by orthodontists? what am i missing?

Facepulling devices are also delivered by orthodontists? what am i missing?
Yes, or you can make the appliance, and everything yourself (guide coming soon)

I just jutted and had a solid half inch between both sets of teeth. Damn I've been stunted by mouthbreathing

• +1
Reactions: Luke LLL
Dudes face is really good wtf

Here is @Alcezar demonstrating how to properly test your forward growth potential.
View attachment 191260
Pic 1 - Resting posture. Not necessarily recessed, but some forward growth is definitely achievable, as you will see in pic 2:
View attachment 191261
Pic 2 - As you can see, I asked him to jut his jaw out as far as he was able to. This is the minimum amount of forward growth that you can expect to achieve from a face puller. Remember that the jaw isn’t used to being in this position and still needs time to move. After you jut your jaw forward you can look at your pictures and have a better understanding of what your results will be with a facepuller. Good luck guys.
actually smart