How to train if i want hypertrophy of upper body only?

K

kantero

Bronze
I want my legs to become proportionally stronger bluh-bluh and more toned, but i dont want them to become bigger a.k.a. i want to minimise legs hypertrophy.
How should i train with my body to achieve this (or in gym)?

If you want to minimize hypertrophy do less reps but more weight, take longer rest time, and eat a smaller surplus
(i think)

This is my current split atm.

Sunday- Rest
Monday-Chest+Arms
Tuesday-Delts
Wensday-Back+Leg Accesories
Thursday-Chest+Arms
Friday-Delts
Saturday-Back+Leg Accesories

For the leg Accessories do leg curls/leg extentions 5x15 Supersetted.

This is my current split atm.

Sunday- Rest
Monday-Chest+Arms
Tuesday-Delts
Wensday-Back+Leg Accesories
Thursday-Chest+Arms
Friday-Delts
Saturday-Back+Leg Accesories

For the leg Accessories do leg curls/leg extentions 5x15 Supersetted.
Fuark 7 day routine, I'm way too lazy to do that shit, 3 days a week is the most I'd do tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Tricky
Fuark 7 day routine, I'm way too lazy to do that shit, 3 days a week is the most I'd do tbh.
over for lazycels

Don’t minimise leg hypertrophy what the fuck? If you want the clean X shape. Build those tree trunks.

• +1
Reactions: CopeMaxxer
Don’t minimise leg hypertrophy what the fuck? If you want the clean X shape. Build those tree trunks.
My legs arent skinny and i want more like v than x shape, not a fan of big quads etc

Don't train legs at all. Maybe do a lil bit of cardio to get them toned.

I want my legs to become proportionally stronger bluh-bluh and more toned, but i dont want them to become bigger a.k.a. i want to minimise legs hypertrophy.
How should i train with my body to achieve this (or in gym)?

Hang on dude. I think you have a weird image of what big quads means to a natural lifter. Here's John Venus's legs for example

They look proportionate, and he's been training them a fuck ton harder than you ever have. Stop looking at juiced up people and saying "oh yeah, I don't want to look like them as a natural, I'll stop training legs or one day I'll look like Ronnie Coleman by accident"
@jefferson @Intel.Imperitive @Nibba ^

Another pic of his legs

Hang on dude. I think you have a weird image of what big quads means to a natural lifter. Here's John Venus's legs for example
View attachment 2246

They look proportionate, and he's been training them a fuck ton harder than you ever have. Stop looking at juiced up people and saying "oh yeah, I don't want to look like them as a natural, I'll stop training legs or one day I'll look like Ronnie Coleman by accident"
@jefferson @Intel.Imperitive @Nibba ^
View attachment 2248
Another pic of his legs
Yes, this one's are better, but i still think its better to have kinda skinny muscled legs than hunky ones. Maybe i just cant imagine it properly and it really does lack balance though

My legs arent skinny and i want more like v than x shape, not a fan of big quads etc
That's stupid in my opinion, bigger legs will make your waist look smaller, making your upper body and v taper look better. It's a win win.

• +1
Reactions: Tricky
i still think its better to have kinda skinny muscled legs than hunky ones

Show me a picture of a natural lifter at a reasonable bodyfat with "hunky" legs, and I'll show you a picture of a fake natural.

Sprints and hill climbs are all you need tbh for legs

That's stupid in my opinion, bigger legs will make your waist look smaller, making your upper body and v taper look better. It's a win win.
0_big.jpg
VS
8e0af33eba92990241545543b7879e25.jpg

First one is the winner for me, despite not being ideal he looks better than second one

0_big.jpg
VS
8e0af33eba92990241545543b7879e25.jpg

First one is the winner for me, despite not being ideal he looks better than second one
Whatever floats your boat but prepare to get shit from everyone in and outside the gym chicken walker jfl :lul: