How true is that you have to lift/gymcel while cutting in order to preserve muscle?

D

Deleted member 7560

Iron
I'm beginning my cut from somewhat chubby to lean and wanted to know if I had to lift in order to preserve muscle on top of deficit or not

I plan on doing 500 cal deficit with high protein, so should I gymcel in addition in order to preserve muscle or is it unnecessary

if you are skinny fat you need a body recomp. i recommend you to cut first and lift throughout the process so you dont end up like a chalkstick or a snickers bar depending on your skin color.

• +1
Reactions: animo123 and Deleted member 7560
I'm beginning my cut from somewhat chubby to lean and wanted to know if I had to lift in order to preserve muscle on top of deficit or not

I plan on doing 500 cal deficit with high protein, so should I gymcel in addition in order to preserve muscle or is it unnecessary
If you don’t lift you will loose muscle. That in itself has nothing to do with cutting.
If you however starve yourself your body will onto burn your muscles faster as well. 500 Defizit isn’t starving but yeah you’re probably gonna lose muscle even faster.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7560
very important, that is pretty much only reason you lift during cuts, retaining muscle.

a lot more important if your natty

• +1
Reactions: one job away and Deleted member 7560
You have to give your body a reason to keep the muscle, if you don’t lift you’re removing the input (lifting) therefore losing the output (muscle)

You’re cutting too so your body already has less of a reason to keep lean tissue since you’re giving it less fuel.

When cutting as a natural muscle loss is inevitable but you can control what degree of muscle you lose by lifting just as hard as if you were bulking, high protein, optimal sleep etc..

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry, Deleted member 7560 and one job away

If you are natty you are going to loose muscle
Guys on roids have 0 muscle breakdown