• 40-43

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • >44

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
theropeking

theropeking

"theropeking has the longest Midface" - Ryo Hazuki
No need to discuss the importance of a nice wide palate.

How to measure it?

Bite on a sheet of paper and then measure the intermollar distance (figure below)

d3mMtXQ.png

IDEALLY you want to have a nice wide palate like this:
d22d46ab9148db5c882d087aa71bd851.jpg

44mm palate, i still look like shit

No need to discuss the importance of a nice wide palate.

How to measure it?

Bite on a sheet of paper and then measure the intermollar distance (figure below)

d3mMtXQ.png

IDEALLY you want to have a nice wide palate like this:
d22d46ab9148db5c882d087aa71bd851.jpg
A bad way to measure it tbh. You will get much higher numbers than if you have a cast of your teeth.

I do and I have a pathetic width of like 32 mm, when I did the paper way of doing it I scored a couple of mm higher.

A bad way to measure it tbh. You will get much higher numbers than if you have a cast of your teeth.

I do and I have a pathetic width of like 32 mm, when I did the paper way of doing it I scored a couple of mm higher.

bite harder on the paper to get a better print and measure it right. TBH I got the same results with the more "accurate" and "legit" way. Just find the right spot of your molars, dont go too further
44mm palate, i still look like shit

slayer

bite harder on the paper and measure it right. I got the same result with a more "accurate" and "legit" way. Just find the right spot of your molars, dont go too further

slayer
the thing is that the molar has a smaller surface on top (the part that will show on the paper) and then it widens the closer it gets to the root. Since the measuring is done from the bottom the real number is usually lower

• +1
Reactions: theropeking
the thing is that the molar has a smaller surface on top (the part that will show on the paper) and then it widens the closer it gets to the root. Since the measuring is done from the bottom the real number is usually lower

idk bro, it worked for me. I do have a gypsum model of my teeths and i have the same result as with the paper sheet thing.

I know that not everybody has a gypsum model of their teeth therefore they should go for this method, myb they can subtract 1-2 mm's from the result but thats it. There is not a big difference if you do it right

45m palate, but I feel like the rest of my face is big so it cancels out. Also I'm pretty sure the average is higher than you think.

49mm, I still look like a retard when I smile.

I currently have a rapid maxillary expander in my mouth, so my palate will hopefully be wider soon.
At the moment it is roughly 42mm wide.