How would you make money in a new city with no friends or experience

Deleted member 19642

Deleted member 19642

Steroidmaxxed
I live in a shitty ass depressing rust belt town

I am legit planning to move to montreal and try to start a new life.

I will go on a work holiday visa meaning I can work for two years. Also I have like 38k savings. Mostly in crypto rn. I can maybe sell my car for 10k too cause I won’t need it.

My plan is to find a job there and get residency from a company sponsoring me. But idk what to do. Cause I don’t speak French. I will need to self teach web development tbh I think.

@Niko69 bhai I want to get your advice since you are the forum gigachad and you say you are a workaholic. so what would you do in my shoes. Imagine you have a shit life but like 40k savings and you want to move to a whole new county and start over. What’s your game plan.

My dream would be to grind live poker but I think that’s unrealistic cause 90% of players lose money.

Maybe I will just homelessmax and hope that my crypto moons. It’s not that bad to be homeless in a big city. I can find a nice place to put a tent and it’s easy to scavenge for good and panhandle.

• +1
Reactions: hiwasuwor and Niklaus Mikaelson
Delay gratification and you’ll be successful

Making serious money is legit impossible unless you have god tier luck

You're just gonna have to wagecuck and move up, or work 2 jobs

Fucking brutal, but it is what it is

• +1
Reactions: Niklaus Mikaelson

Do you think I should just stay in my shitty rust belt town and finish school and wagecel?

I don’t think I can do it. I hate my life now. It’s horrible. Luckily I have some money saved up to try to move somewhere else and start over.

I love montreal and Canada and want to get a work visa and try to immigrate there and make it. I may fail but what is life without following your dreams.

Delay gratification and you’ll be successful
So you think it’s not a good idea to try to grind poker? I think I could be a winning player. But also I think I should just leave my money in crypto and live as frugally as possible. Cause I have more of an edge in crypto.

But also I think I could be slightly profitable grinding 1/2 live games.

I think you would need to find a job quickly to avoid spending the 40k because it should be for emergencies only until you saved enough after a while.

• +1
Reactions: Niklaus Mikaelson and Deleted member 19642

not true at all, making money is only hard if you are stupid or lazy

collect all cans you see

search every dumpster

do not be ashamed to beg and steal