Huge music megathread

Prog fan = instant follow
@DelonLover1999 another KC bro
Genesis, KC, ELP, Jethro Tull, Yes - all top-tier bands. The only prog I don't like is the Canterbury Scene shit.

• Love it
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn
Genesis, KC, ELP, Jethro Tull, Yes - all top-tier bands. The only prog I don't like is the Canterbury Scene shit.
View attachment 2335338
Soft Machine was the best thing to come out of Canterbury Scene, and only because they helped establish Allan Holdsworth as an artist. His work on the debut U.K.(Wetton + Bruford) and Brufords solos albums are phenomenal.
im prog obsessed even got an Alex Lifeson Les Paul

jfl @ that album cover. I need to relisten And Then There Were Three

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 26044
Soft Machine was the best thing to come out of Canterbury Scene, and only because they helped establish Allan Holdsworth as an artist. His work on the debut U.K.(Wetton + Bruford) and Brufords solos albums are phenomenal.
im prog obsessed even got an Alex Lifeson Les Paul

jfl @ that album cover. I need to relisten And Then There Were Three
Tried listening to their "Third" album which everyone hypes up and didn't think much of it; same with Robert Wyatt's solo stuff (Rock Bottom).

I don't play guitar but prog got me into playing keyboard. It's a shame that Mellotrons are pretty much useless and outrageously expensive these days because it was such an important instrument in 70s prog.

Are there any 21st century prog bands you like? The Mars Volta's first four albums are really great IMO, but other contemporary prog bands like black midi and Porcupine Tree aren't nearly as good.

• +1
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn
I don't play guitar but prog got me into playing keyboard. It's a shame that Mellotrons are pretty much useless and outrageously expensive these days because it was such an important instrument in 70s prog.
Based, keyboards have always interested me. Mogger high class instrument.
Cant you achieve the mellotron sound with a plug-in?
I don’t know much about the instrument outside it emulating string/choir sounds, which nothing else was providing at the time.
Yes, KC, and Beatles got some nice sounds out of them though
Are there any 21st century prog bands you like? The Mars Volta's first four albums are really great IMO, but other contemporary prog bands like black midi and Porcupine Tree aren't nearly as good.
only one I’ve really listened to is black midis album Hellfire and some of their bigger hits. There’s Kikagaku Moyo, which I’d consider prog adjacent since they do extended experimental tracks. But they disbanded last year.
Have heard bands like Wobbler and Coheed & Cambria thrown around but never explored their discography

dam this is actually good

Last edited:

• +1
Reactions: Sonny Black

• +1
Reactions: KING REIDYZ

@exo @ceo @Ozell Israelite @khvirgin @Xangsane @Amnesia @Tallooksmaxxer @Elvisandreaa @Bvnny. @Manchild @VenatorLuparius @Blackgymmax @LowTrust @Mewton @PrinceLuenLeoncur @Roquefort @curlyheadjames

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24507 and PointOfNoReturn

• Love it
Reactions: BrahminBoss

@exo @ceo @Ozell Israelite @khvirgin @Xangsane @Amnesia @Tallooksmaxxer @Elvisandreaa @Bvnny. @Manchild @VenatorLuparius @Blackgymmax @LowTrust @Mewton @PrinceLuenLeoncur @Roquefort @curlyheadjames

I wish I could understand what he’s saying. It sounds decent but I don’t understand what he’s saying.

• +1
Reactions: KING REIDYZ
I wish I could understand what he’s saying. It sounds decent but I don’t understand what he’s saying.
They are saying *

It's multiples ppl singing

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24507
Nowadays I'm pretty much into hardcore & metalcore only. Sad that these guys are mostly lefties singing about some cuck shit like my heckin womanerinos rights & destroy le ebil raycis, but do their songs slap. Perfect gymfuel.

@Matthias8272

• Hmm...
best song in gta atm :love:

• Ugh..
Reactions: itorroella9

• +1
The theme song from Taxi

Last edited:
Are YouTube links the only thing working on this site right now?