Hydroxyapatite IMPLANT Photos (Not Radiesse) - Best Implant Type?

ActualMax

ActualMax

Iron
Been on the search for the best type of implant to use for facial augmentation. Each material (silicone, PEEK, Medpor, Titanium, etc.) all have their own pros and cons.

Been looking more and more into hydroxyapatite implants (closest thing to actual bone that I've been able to find), and have become more and more interested.

To be honest, I feel like we should be talking about it more than we currently are.

Here's some public before and afters of hydroxyapatite in action:

FORWEBSITE4
HA 2

These were done by Dr. Michael Gunson in Santa Barbara, California (only person I've really seen using these).

Only shame is that the only photos I see using these implants are in very conservative areas like the malar region, which also gives a rather feminizing effect to the face as seen in the second image. Nonetheless, definitely an aesthetic improvement in these faces.

I've had a consult with him a few months ago and asked about his use of these implants and he says he makes them in surgery for you and not digitally designed for you pre-operatively (which I'm not a fan of tbh).

I've seen other results of his as well, and he always seems to place them very low in the malar region, which I'm also not a big fan of, but for guys like this, I think it works. I think he could have gone a bit higher with them, but that's just me.

Let me know your thoughts! Curious if any of you guys have gotten these implants and how they feel/how the aesthetic result turned out.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
lmao. literally just a big blob "woah hydroxyapatite!" :soy:

implant material barely matters

they probably use hydroxyapatite paste. i will say that these look pretty good for being just a blob of paste. but one picture is kind of meaningless. they also both had bimax.

Both of those went from ugly to ugly

lmao. literally just a big blob "woah hydroxyapatite!" :soy:

implant material barely matters

they probably use hydroxyapatite paste. i will say that these look pretty good for being just a blob of paste. but one picture is kind of meaningless. they also both had bimax.
It's not paste, it's heat treated hydroxyapatite mixed with water and collagen.

I guess it essentially starts as a paste, but can be fabricated into a certain shape using a mold.

I'm essentially interested in digitally designing a custom implant, designing the mold that would make it, then pouring the material into the mold to make the implant.

It's not paste, it's heat treated hydroxyapatite mixed with water and collagen.

I guess it essentially starts as a paste, but can be fabricated into a certain shape using a mold.

I'm essentially interested in digitally designing a custom implant, designing the mold that would make it, then pouring the material into the mold to make the implant.
seems unnecessarily complicated and costly and you'll have a hard time actually getting it done. just getting a CT scan will drive you nuts, much less a custom printed mold for hydroxyapatite implant, which you might end up not even liking because of the design. and all so you can have some meaningless feeling of "it's just like my real bone" which won't matter to you in a few months when you stop even thinking about the implant

i had a silicone chin implant for 20 years. it wasn't even placed right. and i barely thought about it.

but that's just my opinion. do whatever you want

• +1
Reactions: ActualMax
Wanted to update this thread and say that Dr. Kasey Li said that Hydroxyapatite has a tendency to resorb in the face which is a massive downside.

Last edited: