HYOID BONE-SURGERYMAXING

SixCRY

SixCRY

Mistral
Hi,
Lot of people think that no surgeon will do hyoid lift unless for sleep apnea

This idea is false, low caudal hyoid bone can be fix with neck lift.
The hyoid is connected to muscle, for example the posterior digastric pull the hyoid bone up and posteriorly

If you do a plication of this muscle you can move the hyoid 1.5cm and 0.5cm posteriorly and gain 25degree in neck angle this is the study:

There are other study where surgeon moved the hyoid bone for aesthetic reason, all are associated to neck lift because its below the platysma:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1410036/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/6576085/

Also if you want to fix submental area i suggest suture suspension platysmaplasty, its the best way to get that 80-100degree submentale angle this is a full study with pictures:

Look at the #1 being 100% fix by this type of platysmaplasty

In 6Month im gonna get neck lift with plication of posterior digastric + suture suspension platysmaplasty i will post pics but for now i cant do it cause my surgeon is studying all the study i send him so he can do it to me

PS: Sorry for my bad english

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: forwardgrowth, Almu, JMax and 3 others
IMG 0294

HOE-LEE-FUK

Lifefuel.
My biggest failo.

Do you guys think that 0.5cm
posterior pull of the hyoid really make a difference?

• +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth and SixCRY
Useless surgery haha. Literally just mew

What causes low hyoid?

I give it a like but I wont read it.
cheers

If you do a plication of this muscle you can move the hyoid 1.5cm and 0.5cm posteriorly and gain 25degree in neck angle this is the study:
Since I couldn't find the actual full paper I checked the studies citating it and found out that apparently the study was conducted on cadavers, do you know if such procedure is actually performed by surgeons?
Although not described in the current clinical literature, Knipper and colleagues conducted a cadaveric study in which they plicated the digastric tendon, which resulted in a posterior-superior displacement of the hyoid bone. Their study resulted in a decrease of the cervicomental angle and also elevation of the hyoid bone.

Since I couldn't find the actual full paper I checked the studies citating it and found out that apparently the study was conducted on cadavers, do you know if such procedure is actually performed by surgeons?
Yes i know the original surgeon of the study, i emailed him and he did that on real patient.

Btw this is not the only way for hyoid bone to move

They can shave digastric muscle, get rid of submandibular gland etc

Look into deep necklift by Dr Nayak, or deep plane necklift where all muscle is moved

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer