I (22M) shaved my head and my girlfriend (23F) of 5 months hates it

ifyouwannabemylover

ifyouwannabemylover

Ascended
To provide a little backstory, a month or two ago I floated the idea to my girlfriend that I wanted to shave my head. This was partly for experimental reasons and partly because I have begun to grow self-conscious about my hairline receding. She was adamantly against this idea so I didn't end up doing it. Fast forward to yesterday when I got a particularly strong impulse to shave my head and ended up doing it. When I told my gf that I did it she became extremely upset and now does not want to talk to me. I am a bit conflicted about how to go about resolving this. On one hand, the fact that I shaved my head when she explicitly told me that she did not want me to is inconsiderate and I have apologized for not considering her feelings more before I did it. On the other hand, I feel that I should be able to decide what I do with my own body and me changing how my hair looks should not be a make or break issue for the relationship. If she wants to end the relationship over this, is it even worth trying to save?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ballskin, Richard_Hungwell, SubhumanCurrycel and 5 others
Female: boyfriend want me to not become fat
Reddit: what a disguting mysoginstic asshole, he is clearly manipulative and controlling, your bofy your choice, you should leave him queen:soy:

Male:girlfriend want me to not become bald
Reddit: you are s narcissist, you should look more forward to the feelings of your partener in the relationship, man up, don’t be so selfish:soy:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ballskin, Richard_Hungwell, Deleted member 16853 and 18 others
If hair was the only thing saving him then it was over to begin with

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Richard_Hungwell, SubhumanCurrycel, Yellowskies and 1 other person
Thanks for clarifying that ur gf is female OP, I definitely wasn't questioning that she is male!

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9801, Richard_Hungwell and AscendingHero
“women over x age dont like prettyboys anymore :feelsuhh:

• JFL
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, Richard_Hungwell, Deprived and 1 other person
I feel that I should be able to decide what I do with my own body and me changing how my hair looks should not be a make or break issue for the relationship
Disneycel

• JFL
Reactions: Richard_Hungwell, Deleted member 18890 and Deleted member 19499
stolen from reddit:

fake and gay

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Richard_Hungwell, Deleted member 16853, CupOfCoffee and 1 other person
@SubhumanCurrycel sigh, when will they learn my bhai

• JFL
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
If you feel more confident with your new look that should be all that matters. She should be at least mature enough to have a conversation about it after the fact.

• JFL
Reactions: Richard_Hungwell