I (26F) am not physically/sexually attracted to my partner (32M) any advice?

ElySioNs

ElySioNs

Mercenary
TLDR: I’m not physically / sexually attracted to my partner but I’m not willing to leave the relationship because of it. He will never be my type physically but ticks all other boxes. I’ve brought it up before but it hurt his feelings and we haven’t talked about it since. He has been wanting sex but I can’t bring myself to do it as often as he would like, any advice?

We have been together for a few months now but I have known him for 3 years. I fell in love with him very shortly after I met him but I was in a serious relationship at the time and didn’t want to compromise that so we lost contact up until recently when my relationship ended at the beginning of this year.
He is amazing, he treats me like a queen and this is the most loving relationship I’ve ever been in… but every time it comes down to having sex or physical intimacy I can’t get into it. It’s gotten to the point where I just want to ‘get it over with’ because I don’t enjoy it and I have a hard time understanding why. I have brought this up to him a few times but each time it hurts his feelings even when I approach it gently. In the 3 months that we’ve been together we’ve had sex 2-3 times and each time it’s ended with me being disappointed and him being satisfied.
Everything came to a head last night when I got home from work. He greeted me by hugging me and saying “{name}, I really want to fuck you” I tried not to blow it off but told him I was tired and I just wanted to put on my comfy clothes so I b-lined for the bedroom. He followed me to watch me change but grabbed me and pushed me over the bed playfully, I told him I wasn’t in the mood but I said “just get it over with” in a playful tone while laughing. He did not take it playfully and we ended up talking in circles about the same issue for over an hour. I just don’t know what to do or how to handle it, I love him more than I have ever loved anyone. I feel incredibly shallow and like I’m failing him as a partner but I can’t force myself to be physically / sexually attracted to him.

Any and all advice is welcome and very much appreciated.

• JFL
Reactions: Bars, Xangsane, ihearvoices and 3 others
bro, we got our own shit to deal with, and you bring in reddit

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Bars, ihearvoices, iloveboobs and 1 other person

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Shahnameh, ihearvoices and iloveboobs

TLDR: I’m not physically / sexually attracted to my partner but I’m not willing to leave the relationship because of it. He will never be my type physically but ticks all other boxes. I’ve brought it up before but it hurt his feelings and we haven’t talked about it since. He has been wanting sex but I can’t bring myself to do it as often as he would like, any advice?

We have been together for a few months now but I have known him for 3 years. I fell in love with him very shortly after I met him but I was in a serious relationship at the time and didn’t want to compromise that so we lost contact up until recently when my relationship ended at the beginning of this year.
He is amazing, he treats me like a queen and this is the most loving relationship I’ve ever been in… but every time it comes down to having sex or physical intimacy I can’t get into it. It’s gotten to the point where I just want to ‘get it over with’ because I don’t enjoy it and I have a hard time understanding why. I have brought this up to him a few times but each time it hurts his feelings even when I approach it gently. In the 3 months that we’ve been together we’ve had sex 2-3 times and each time it’s ended with me being disappointed and him being satisfied.
Everything came to a head last night when I got home from work. He greeted me by hugging me and saying “{name}, I really want to fuck you” I tried not to blow it off but told him I was tired and I just wanted to put on my comfy clothes so I b-lined for the bedroom. He followed me to watch me change but grabbed me and pushed me over the bed playfully, I told him I wasn’t in the mood but I said “just get it over with” in a playful tone while laughing. He did not take it playfully and we ended up talking in circles about the same issue for over an hour. I just don’t know what to do or how to handle it, I love him more than I have ever loved anyone. I feel incredibly shallow and like I’m failing him as a partner but I can’t force myself to be physically / sexually attracted to him.

JFL if anyone falls for this reddit bait

No woman feels bad about not being sexually attracted to their partner

They are either repulsed sexually and will just cheat on him/drain him for whatever he's giving her either money or emotional support

OR

They grow to like them and eventually are into fucking them (as seen with many hot chicks fucking ugly rich powerful men)

Over at anyone who believes a chick will feel bad about not being attracted to their partner of 3 years and won't leave him

• +1
Reactions: Bars
Youre gonna make me say the N word😢
Nigger
JFL if anyone falls for this reddit bait

No woman feels bad about not being sexually attracted to their partner

They are either repulsed sexually and will just cheat on him/drain him for whatever he's giving her either money or emotional support

OR

They grow to like them and eventually are into fucking them (as seen with many hot chicks fucking ugly rich powerful men)

Over at anyone who believes a chick will feel bad about not being attracted to their partner of 3 years and won't leave him
Bro everybody knows its just to make a stupid title and farm rep

I think this is great and shows strength! Very touching story. I love that you didn‘t commit even after him expecting it!! But concerning your problem… I would honestly try to be „experimental“…meeting other people besides your partner. Exploring your sexuality is very important and something you shouldn‘t miss out on. Anyways, great read OP! Have a nice day!

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: nofap, ElySioNs and Bars
I think this is great and shows strength! Very touching story. I love that you didn‘t commit even after him expecting it!! But concerning your problem… I would honestly try to be „experimental“…meeting other people besides your partner. Exploring your sexuality is very important and something you shouldn‘t miss out on. Anyways, great read OP! Have a nice day!
Thank you for the wholesome support so far! I would give gold award but I do not have gold so please take this upvote, the best I can do kind stranger. Regarding the experimental part, I have been thinking about it and how I would convince my partner. There is this 6'3 really good looking muscular guy I have been eyeing up, he is my personal fitness trainer. Despite me being 350 pounds and really new to these type of stuff, he has been extremely patient with me and he touches me all the time! Yesterday afternoon, he asked for my number and asked me out on a date at my house... The problem is I do not know how exactly I would convince my partner, because like I said in the post he gets hurt very easily and will make it about himself. Any ideas are much appreciated! You too have a nice day kind stranger, virtual hugs xoxo

• JFL
Reactions: baerr
Thank you for the wholesome support so far! I would give gold award but I do not have gold so please take this upvote, the best I can do kind stranger. Regarding the experimental part, I have been thinking about it and how I would convince my partner. There is this 6'3 really good looking muscular guy I have been eyeing up, he is my personal fitness trainer. Despite me being 350 pounds and really new to these type of stuff, he has been extremely patient with me and he touches me all the time! Yesterday afternoon, he asked for my number and asked me out on a date at my house... The problem is I do not know how exactly I would convince my partner, because like I said in the post he gets hurt very easily and will make it about himself. Any ideas are much appreciated! You too have a nice day kind stranger, virtual hugs xoxo
Well, this is a huge opportunity, OP! I would suggest you confront your partner directly about this. His reaction would give away if it’s even worth staying with him…I mean, he could watch the date, if this makes him feel better. Hugs xoxo

• +1
Reactions: ElySioNs
Well, this is a huge opportunity, OP! I would suggest you confront your partner directly about this. His reaction would give away if it’s even worth staying with him…I mean, he could watch the date, if this makes him feel better. Hugs xoxo
Woah I will consider this.. I haven't thought about it in that way. His potential reaction would definitely give away if it's even worth trying with him, we could go on a triple date perhaps now that I think about it. I think that will help xoxo

• Love it
Reactions: baerr

Break up with him

• +1
80-90% of modern relationships

I know a 26 year old ltn subhuman
Who only gets to have sex with his girlfriend once every 2 months, she’s very strict about this.

• JFL