I attended a School Dance: Storytime with Tricky

Tricky

Tricky

Resident Professor
So there's this thing called homecoming in th States. I think it involves American Football somehow, I really don't know. I went to it, and here's what happened.

I'm not going to describe what a school dance is like, look it up on YouTube if you've never seen one. This is my first time attending, in my persistent effort to become NT. These are my observations, in no particular order.

-Girls danced really suggestively with each other, and then laughed about it like "wow, it's so funny what we did." I guess it's a way for them to be edgy in a socially acceptable way.

-There were two types of guys. The ones who stood next to their significant other the entire time, waiting for her intiate some sort of dance/movement, and those who sat, or walked aimlessly around the floor.

-I got approached by two girls. One was a 3/10, who I gave the cold shoulder. Another was a 5/10, but I'm not sure about her. She seemed really interested in going up to guys and doing the "lean back" (that thing where you shake your tits). Not sure exactly what she was after, besides attention.

Overall, I think the girls got social proof from going to the dance, and I have no clue what the guys got out of it. I tried by best to dance, but after a few minutes, I became slowly filled with a sense of dread and meaningless. In a swarm of humanity, my actions had to meaning or purpose. Nobody gave a shit if I danced, or if I sat in the corner. I've never struggled with depression, but in those moments, I felt like I could honestly relate with those feelings.

I don't think I'll stop trying to be NT, but I'll need to work harder at it than expected.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
I don't think I'll stop trying to be NT, but I'll need to work harder at it than expected.
No man you need to loosen up. Stop trying so hard. Take a deep breath and think "I'm no worse and no better than these people. I'm just gonna have fun!"

• +1
No man you need to loosen up. Stop trying so hard. Take a deep breath and think "I'm no worse and no better than these people. I'm just gonna have fun!"

Maybe I'll reach that point one day.

• +1
lol i remember when i went to a school dance sophmore year, i came in wearing cacky shorts and sandals, I was mind blown when i walked and seeing girls grinding on other dudes/making out. i just walked around for the 1:30 and left, i cringe remembering myself back in HS, makes me wanna go back in time to slit my throat.

• +1
  • +1
but after a few minutes, I became slowly filled with a sense of dread and meaningless. In a swarm of humanity, my actions had to meaning or purpose. Nobody gave a shit if I danced, or if I sat in the corner. I've never struggled with depression, but in those moments, I felt like I could honestly relate with those feelings.
When I began going to underage clubs and dancing I also felt that, even when drunk; but I found the solution then: more alcohol

Eventually after dancing so many times so shitfaced I got used to It and I could fraud It while LESS drunk, I'm still training myself but I'd recomend getting shitfaced for starters ngl

Eventually you'll be able to dance when sober (I can)

• +1