I believe the supposed drop in skin qualityoccuring in early-mid 20s is really just facial hair getting stronger, not really collagen loss

P

Prettyboy

Banned
I believe the believed collagen loss occuring in early-mid 20s is really just facial hair getting stronger

Probably everyone here have seen a collagen - age graph like this at some point:

tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php

They always show how collagen synthesis stays very high until like 18-20, then it SHARPLY drops and supposedly by 30 you are a collagenless grandpa

Through my facial hair plucking experiments though and obversing others I have come to the conclusion that the decline in skin quality can be attributed mostly to facial hair getting more prominent as you become an adult.

As hair follicles grow, they cause the skin on the face to lose it's homogenity - it's surface get's bumpy and the hair discolors it

Clean-Shaven-Better-Than-Stubble-00.jpg

No matter how sharp safety razor you use, by shaving you are still just cutting the part of hair follicles above the skin surface, and the result is never perfect... after shaving you might feel like your face is "clean", but it really is not. For those with fast beard growth, the greyness of 5o clock shadow will appear in only a day or even just a few hours

Shaving is not a soluton hence. The only way to keep your youthfull skin quality is by purging the hair from it's roots - plucking that is. But if your facial hair is growing so fast. even plucking too will offer just very temporarily results. The ultimate solution would be permanent hair removal.

Of course ideally you would have zero facial hair so all this is redundant, but few man are lucky to have no hair follicles on their lower third

Another way to mitigate this problem is incorporating makeup into your routine. With the use of BB cream you can make your skin's surface flat and the coloration even, causing it to look youthful

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer, Deleted member 21863, Ethan Cúnt and 21 others
Mr prettyboy, are you planning on getting laser removal for facial hair?

• +1
Reactions: Maesthetic
Is there any laser hair removal method that you'd recommend?

my facial hair is blond so it never really looks that prominent on my face and I can get away with trimming it short with a guard as opposed to shaving it entirely.

• +1
Reactions: datboijj
I believe the believed collagen loss occuring in early-mid 20s is really just facial hair getting stronger

Probably everyone here have seen a collagen - age graph like this at some point:

They always show how collagen synthesis stays very high until like 18-20, then it SHARPLY drops and supposedly by 30 you are a collagenless grandpa

Through my facial hair plucking experiments though and obversing others I have come to the conclusion that the decline in skin quality can be attributed mostly to facial hair getting more prominent as you become an adult.

As hair follicles grow, they cause the skin on the face to lose it's homogenity - it's surface get's bumpy and the hair discolors it

No matter how sharp safety razor you use, by shaving you are still just cutting the part of hair follicles above the skin surface, and the result is never perfect... after shaving you might feel like your face is "clean", but it really is not. For those with fast beard growth, the greyness of 5o clock shadow will appear in only a day or even just a few hours

Shaving is not a soluton hence. The only way to keep your youthfull skin quality is by purging the hair from it's roots - plucking that is. But if your facial hair is growing so fast. even plucking too will offer just very temporarily results. The ultimate solution would be permanent hair removal.

Of course ideally you would have zero facial hair so all this is redundant, but few man are lucky to have no hair follicles on their lower third

Another way to mitigate this problem is incorporating makeup into your routine. With the use of BB cream you can make your skin's surface flat and the coloration even, causing it to look youthful
what about mustaches?

Or just use DHT blockers on your face.
I don't give a fuck about my libido so that's what I'll do.

It's better to tell people to have an elite skincare routine, take collagen and copper peptide than frauding with makeup

Also, how does this explain women's collagen loss? Is this theory only for men?

Anyways, for the ones who do give a fuck about their libido and won't use DHT blockers
good luck with your collagen loss

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• JFL
Reactions: Debetro and Danish_Retard
What about a blush tattoo over the facial hair same as your skin color (like how lip tattoos work)

Not true i Believe it’s just stress from life

also how do I eat chicken hearts without being weird in front of others

Also, how does this explain women's collagen loss? Is this theory only for men?
I don't believe either gender's collagen just crumbles the moment they turn 18

The big milestone is losing baby fat, but after that has occured there not that much change in skin quality throughout 20s if you take care of yourself

What really fucks up many men is facial hair growth, as I've stated in the op

Whenever I pluck my face my skin is as smooth as a kid's and I don't believeI'm special. Every man could have that if they purged facial hair

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Gaia262, Lmao, p0lishsubhuman and 1 other person
I don't believe either gender's collagen just crumbles the moment they turn 18

The big milestone is losing baby fat, but after that has occured there not that much change in skin quality throughout 20s if you take care of yourself

What really fucks up many men is facial hair growth, as I've stated in the op

Whenever I pluck my face my skin is as smooth as a kid's and I don't believeI'm special. Every man could have that if they purged facial hair
How do I pluck face hair

Well I mean my face went from having a harmonious coloring to being greyish around the sideburns, mustasche, cheeks, goatee etc. when my beard started filling in.

Last edited:

So is the solution to start taking finasteride in early 20s, so that the facial hair never starts filling in? Only issue is DHT might be linked to clavicle growth and clavicles supposedly keep growing until 25

not true, the graph shows the collogen synthesis but what you are talking about is only about how lower third looks
for example no one grows any hair/beard on their forehead but it looks worse when you have less collagen because of natural aging process

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 2729
17 year olds with dense facial hair don't look old when they shave, they look their age. And 40 year olds with sparse facial hair genetics still look 40 years old. Try using an ounce of reasoning skills once in your life

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member 2729 and Deleted member 23554
Bro really changed his whole skin color from just growing a beard :lul:
this thread get attention only because prettyboy shared it otherwise it is extremely low iq including the pictures chosen

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Gaia262, Deleted member 22126 and Fgsfds
17 year olds with dense facial hair don't look old when they shave, they look their age. And 40 year olds with sparse facial hair genetics still look 40 years old. Try using an ounce of reasoning skills once in your life
2620626_2620607_2620594_53E7FA81-B26C-4BF5-8D74-6C2AD344A330.jpeg

18 year old user

Z4z54

34 year old user

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: the next o'pry, Deleted member, Lmao and 4 others
  • +1
Reactions: Fgsfds and Maesthetic
Bb cream is lifefuel if you have grey shadows . I use it around my jawline and above my mouth area

• +1
Reactions: Deprived
Legit, Had my first laser hair removal sessions a couple weeks ago and it made a huge difference, and I still have a ton of super coarse hairs on my face to go. Can't wait until 6 months from now, I'll be a new person

Any BB cream guide/tutorials you'd recommend to have homogenous skin in the meantime?

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
This is the first time I've seen men wanting to remove their beard hair with laser (a sign of virility), what's your problem?

Knowing that it is possible to have baby skin with a beard

This is the first time I've seen men wanting to remove their beard hair with laser (a sign of virility), what's your problem?

Knowing that it is possible to have baby skin with a beard
everyone on this forum believes stupid pseudoscientific shit it makes me cringe so hard

• +1
Reactions: Fgsfds

How much time does it take for you to pluck your whole beard?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Dunkelheit and p0lishsubhuman
@Xangsane
Do you agree with this since you tried Ipl on your face? I always notice people who can’t grow beard have way better skin.

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
@Xangsane
Do you agree with this since you tried Ipl on your face? I always notice people who can’t grow beard have way better skin.
Yes

• +1
Reactions: GalacticHero
U might be right. What I have noticed is that most people who develop facial hair earlier also bald earlier
This dude is my classmate only 22 years old and looks around 30 jfl

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane