I believe we could all benefit from fasting more often

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
Just broke a mini-fast I did for almost three days (because of constipation) and I feel great. I'll def do fasts more often and for longer time periods and this is why:

Fasting makes me realize how good I actually have it and how I (and many people) have been taking essential things like food for granted.

When you can have sth delicious to eat every single day, whenever you want it, you'll lose the appreciation of it. Giving in to cravings, appetite, eating out of boredom or to feel better has become the norm for so many people who are becoming more and more miserable because they've lost their appreciation.

Experiencing hunger, weakness, headaches, dizzyness etc. enables one to appreciate his or her fortune again and shifts the focus from secondary "problems" like looks, lack of validation/sex, etc. back to what matters most.

How can we eat as much as we want every single day and still complain about what we look like or be jealous of others? The more the focus on tiny problems - tiny compared to survival-related things like food, water and air - the more miserable one becomes. The only way to break out of this vicious circle is to intentionally take away one of our biggest needs - food. Taking away water or air isn't really an option but going without food is possible for long periods of time without dying or damaging one's health. Sometimes temporary suffering is necessary to feel better in the long term.

I'm looking forward to doing fasts more often, for much longer periods of time. Not only because of its physical health benefits but, first and foremost, to become a more thankful and less miserable individual.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 616, vHenri, ZyzzReincarnate and 3 others
basically stoicism

No, this is placebo bullshit like NoFap.

For most people, especially fat Americans, eating less is beneficial though.

• +1
Reactions: Drugs, DidntRead, Zygos4Life and 2 others
No, this is placebo bullshit like NoFap.

For most people, especially fat Americans, eating less is beneficial though.
Taking a break from sth to learn to appreciate it more/again and to become more disciplined is placebo bullshit?

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
6333B6B7 8302 4633 B5B3 8CE27D7DAE90
me rn

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
Getting low body fat would be faster

Taking a break from sth to learn to appreciate it more/again and to become more disciplined is placebo bullshit?
It isn't. I'm convinced people say 'low IQ' when they want to give the appearance of being intelligent without saying anything smart.

It isn't. I'm convinced people say 'low IQ' when they want to give the appearance of being intelligent without saying anything smart.
I believe they simply don't read. They see a word like "fasting" in the title and reply before seeing what threads are actually about.

Fasting is for homosexuals trying to keep their anus clean

• JFL
great advice mate, i like to wake up hard though my man, she likes it too

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst and Deleted member 685
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: vHenri and Deleted member 3043
Not if you are a skinny framecel like me.

• JFL
Also then because you'd worry less about your skinny frame and be happy your problems just revolve around your looks instead of poverty or malnutrition.

Also then because you'd worry less about your skinny frame and be happy your problems just revolve around your looks instead of poverty or malnutrition.
I wouldn't appreciate that.

we do eat far too much food than we actually need..
The average normie is calorie deficit every single day

we do eat far too much food than we actually need..
The average normie is calorie deficit every single day
Agree with first sentence, heavily disagree with the second.

bro not everyone has thier shit stuck for two weeks

Of course its beneficial. Why else do you think us Islamic people fast for an entire month? And additionally for other reasons as well.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst and Deleted member 656
No thanks
Fasting makes you a low energy cuck
Also doesn't work if you need to eat 4k cals daily

Ein großer Philosoph der PSL Gemeinschaft

Google Autophagy it is why fasting is so amazing even if you don’t need to lose weight
9EC43D6B 523C 456D AE39 8081A23F88D5

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
How does it feel?
It feels good. Honestly there is an atmosphere of brotherhood even among those that are not your family. Also a lot of people are our until 2-3am. It also is nice to eat dinner together with the fam and inviting other people as well or being invited by other families.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656