I benched 220 (100 kg) for 4 reps yesterday

.*my*.

.*my*.

Kess mah ess
I read that the average 1 rep max for the average gym goer is 230. I’ve only benched for 2-3 months and I got 220 for 4.

Is that a good bench and how far can I progress? (I have been training for 18 months but benched only for 2-3)

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, ReadBooksEveryday, mug and 5 others
pretty good

What's your weight.

• +1
Reactions: .*my*.
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28691 and Saint Casanova
220 but I have a disadvantage because of long arms
It’s close to body weight but since you haven’t benched mine it’s good. Aim for a 1.5 times body weight one rep max to get a solid bench. 330lbs in your case

• +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, ReadBooksEveryday, Deleted member 28691 and 1 other person
It’s close to body weight but since you haven’t benched mine it’s good. Aim for a 1.5 times body weight one rep max to get a solid bench. 330lbs in your case
*long

• +1
Wow now you will slay

• JFL
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, ReadBooksEveryday, Deleted member 28691 and 1 other person
I read that the average 1 rep max for the average gym goer is 230. I’ve only benched for 2-3 months and I got 220 for 4.

Is that a good bench and how far can I progress? (I have been training for 18 months but benched only for 2-3)
mirin that's very impressive. average gym goer cannot do 230

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: tombradylover and .*my*.
approaching starts at 150kg mate

• JFL
Prob used shit form

I can bench 225 for 8 reps (no bouncing off the chest, no exaggerated back arch, ass staying on the bench, control movement, bringing the weight all the way to the chest)

I weigh 175

• JFL
220 but I have a disadvantage because of long arms
"disadvantage because of long arms" biggest cope of fat guys. 100kg bench isn't impressive for fatties nigga.

• JFL
Prob used shit form

I can bench 225 for 8 reps (no bouncing off the chest, no exaggerated back arch, ass staying on the bench, control movement, bringing the weight all the way to the chest)

I weigh 175
My form was perfect. I mean that if you were spotting me you would’ve gotten down on your knees and kissed my hand in awe after what you would’ve witnessed.

In all seriousness I always aim to have great form. I didn’t bounce and went all they way down and locked out at the top.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28691
jealous niggas coping

you plan to stay at 220?

or you're bulking and then cutting?

if so what's your desired weight.

• +1

Not bad. I just got to 225 for 12 a few months ago, and it took me over 2 years to get there.

• +1
@Ketamine yeah already answered.

220 is nice I’ll just maingain and recomp

yeah, but imo 205 is nice weight for you

lighter and still pretty much as big, what's your daily calorie intake?

• +1
yeah, but imo 205 is nice weight for you

lighter and still pretty much as big, what's your daily calorie intake?

I still haven’t reached 2 years of consistent training so there are some gains to be made. 220 is good I don’t care about cutting rn even if I’m ugly I like it. If I maingain I can be lean in a year without having to cut or anything.

I take 3000-4000 it depends on how much I can eat because I’m not a big eater

• +1
I still haven’t reached 2 years of consistent training so there are some gains to be made. 220 is good I don’t care about cutting rn even if I’m ugly I like it. If I maingain I can be lean in a year without having to cut or anything.

I take 3000-4000 it depends on how much I can eat because I’m not a big eater

you're not ugly, natasha slayer pheno

• JFL
fuck those russian whores in Kazakhstan!
Not sure if I’m ethically allowed. I don’t want to be another nigger taking the white man’s woman

• JFL

benching your own bodyweight means your weak as fuck (which is ok because you just started). i bench 1.7 times my bodyweight. 20% is too fat for a lifter. at that body fat percentage you will have lower testosterone levels. you should be below 17% bf % for the most amount of muscle growth while not losing as much smv and being healthy. this is way better in the long-term than staying fat. 21% bf is considered overweight and most people underestimate their bf % and even if you don't 20% is still too fat (the average bf % for 18-20 year old male is around 17%). by losing weight you can improve smv, health and muscle growth. 12-17% is optimal. (12-14% for cutting ,16-17% for bulking and 15-16% for maingaining)

I wish I was in the gym rn :-(

• +1
my bench went up faster since I started doing floor press on a bench pad, so I can touch my chest, on a floor press you cant use any momentum since your elbows touch the ground, its actually the only bench variation ive been doing

doing paused reps is also a good way to improve

• +1
Where? In the Kongo?
Body fat chart men

Prob used shit form

I weigh 175
When I benched a few days ago, I did 330 pounds for 8 reps

• +1