I bought a Bible, question on translations

n9wiff

n9wiff

Luminary
Some people here seem to talk about the censorship or what not.

I bought that NIV translation. To my knowledge there is not much of a different really?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Ascеnd, TheAnomaly, Averagecel and 2 others
U need to learn jewish to read the real bible

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: aber, Gonthar and n9wiff
I’m not religious but I wouldn’t mind having a copy of it at home

• +1
Reactions: aber, Averagecel and n9wiff
  • +1
Reactions: aber
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: aber, TheAnomaly and n9wiff
Martin Luther

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: TheAnomaly and n9wiff
NKJV is good.

• +1
Reactions: n9wiff
niv is really gay translation for lgbtq churches only, that doesnt have what it actually says

heresy

you should read esv or nkjv

like for example nic removes the part in where it says let (some) people a temporary stay in your country as you have in egypt but in niv it says let foreigners live your country

and niv removes all mention of an oracle and replaces it with ‘talked to god’

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: aber
yea NIV is pretty good cuz the KJV is unintelligible

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: n9wiff and noobs
The most close, more or less understandable (Although less than others but it's better to learn the language and not get lied as frequently than the other way around) and more or less unapologetic version is King James also known as KJV, not the New King James Version (Which they basically scratched their balls one day and decided to also call it King James instead of a new name) but the original one

However they are all extremely corrupted even in their own corruption, that is something you have to assume from the get go. They are also heavily influenced by different churches (Meaning some are clearly biased towards catholicism, others towards protestantism, etc)

It's a matter of high controversy honestly, you'd need a lifetime just to understand all the differences underlying and descipher why they were put in place, and even then you wouldn't get it.

NIV is a joke

For example in the controversial Numbers 31: 18 verse in NIV it says "but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man"

Meanwhile, in KJV as i said they are unapologetic because of the nature of the time, and it translates as "But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

In fact, with time, you might consider reading one version for the Old Testament and another for the NT, because even that is divisive.

• +1
king james version is the only version which hasnt been censored, get a king james, every other translation is heavily censored

• Hmm...