I developed my own surgery to widen the lips

maxxmclooks

maxxmclooks

part of the problem
Disclaimer: everything discussed in this thread is highly experimental, also no medical advice.

I have been thinking about ways to increase lip width quickly and permanently, and until some time ago, the only way that I knew was lateral commissuroplasty.

The problem with that is that it usually leaves visible scars and the healing process is somewhat ass because the cuts are made to the corners of your lips (also increases the chance of infection bc mouth is packed with germs)

So I went back to the drawing board and came up with my own surgical procedure (yes, my own, couldn't even find a name for it), which I named Lateral Labial Facelift (lateral lips facelift)

Basically what it is, is a local facelift to stretch the lips in a direction shown in the picture below.

It can also be used to correct up or downturned lips while widening them. Combined with lipolysis injected into lips, this can effectively make lips wider and slimmer.

In this example, I assume you aren't some 70-year-old grandma who has saggy skin all over her face and would need multiple cm's of skin removed.

The cut is made behind the masseter muscle and ramus/mandible head, as shown in the picture below.

This location minimizes the esthetic effect of the possible scar and ensures that no damage is done to the masseter muscle. There aren't any major muscles, nerves, or veins in that area, that being one of the reasons why this area was chosen.

The size of the cut itself is around 1-1,5cm in height and >1cm in width. (Though especially the width varies from person to person depending on their personal needs)

As after a normal facelift, a collagen supplement is recommended to decrease the risk of stretch marks forming. (Need depends on the width of the cut)

I'm not gonna bother yall (yet) with the cutting technique/how to make proper incisions, since this isn't a guide/tutorial. (If I decide to do this, will make one in the future)

I am thinking about this, which is why I came up with it in the first place. (Not an inhib problem, I'm just not sure if I need it, more examination is required)

You can try how this affects your lips by slightly pinching the skin behind your mandible and pulling a little bit of skin up. (Try different amounts)

This is really much still at the drawing board, very experimental still, and some research is still required until I am confident enough to do it.

@maxxmclooks

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Ethan Cúnt, mewingmaxxer, i_love_roosters and 2 others
will there be a DIY video?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: goat123, Lonenely sigma, smoth and 5 others
@Orc @Clavicular @<6PSLcel @Charisma @i_love_roosters @Xangsane @MazoNitNit @negativetiltedheart @plukee @ShawarmaFilth @Shkreliii @try2beme @truecel12 @xegigi @Zeta @Autismcel

thoughts? does any obvious problems come yo your mind? high IQ answers pls

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: i_love_roosters and <6PSLcel
mirin, you'd need to ask someone who knows about surgeries similar in nature because in theory this sounds good but idk how the skin will end up looking, im worried your skin might kinda look like side ways philtrum if that makes sense due to how the skin connects and all.

Not a single word but repped and bumped :feelsyay:

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: <6PSLcel and maxxmclooks
So this is essentially skin tightening... for which you can achieve similar results (with additional benefits), without noticeable scars using laser:

mirin, you'd need to ask someone who knows about surgeries similar in nature because in theory this sounds good but idk how the skin will end up looking, im worried your skin might kinda look like side ways philtrum if that makes sense due to how the skin connects and all.
true, thats also one of my concers, especially if its stretched a lot

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel
So this is essentially skin tightening... for which you can achieve similar results (with additional benefits), without noticeable scars using laser:
no...?

• +1
Reactions: greycel and <6PSLcel
yeah i agree. i feel like the phitrum and nose base would also be stretched

yeah i agree. i feel like the phitrum and nose base would also be stretched
according to my knowledge, philtrum would not be stretched notably, the base of the nose would be stretched very lightly, but these can be circumvented by proper incisions and not pulling too much skin

Bruh, you're right. All this time I thought lip width actually decreased with age, due to loss of elasticity.. but I've got it messed up. It's the lip height which decreases with age, which is why lasers can improve the lip ratio (lip width divided by the sum of the upper and lower lip height), which significantly increases with aging.

What's interesting is that lip width actually increases with age too furthering the ratio.

AFAIK there aren't really any other ways to increase Lip Width, other than myofunctional therapy. So OP this might be a really good breakthrough, that I need :cry:

I'm curious though, are there any studies on effects of lip width following a full face lift.

This guy's facelift has seemed to make it smaller in width?

• +1
Reactions: maxxmclooks
AFAIK there aren't really any other ways to increase Lip Width, other than myofunctional therapy. So OP this might be a really good breakthrough, that I need :cry:
google lateral commissuroplasty, its an actual surgery that makes ur lips wider
I'm curious though, are there any studies on effects of lip width following a full face lift.
not that i know of, tried to research but couldnt find any, tho would def not recommend full face lift if u arent like over 50, yk
This guy's facelift has seemed to make it smaller in width?
View attachment 2966436
yeah i noticed that too, interesting. his nose looks a lot slimmer too

• +1
Reactions: greycel
Yeah lets not do proven effective surgery because we are afraid of some scars. Might as well just full send a steak knife in mirror reflection based on a brain farted theory with no experience. More iq then every surgeon ever combined tbh

• +1
Reactions: maxxmclooks