I developed TMJ due to mewing

Interested

Interested

S̴̢̧̱̪͈͈̻͓̪̭̣̫͎͖̤̤̩̟̳̹͈̩S̴̱̪͈͈̻͓̪̭̣̫͎͖̄͛̆̅͊̀͊̚̕͝͝͝
I seem to have developed TMJ from mewing. My maxilla and mandible have moved forward and look good now, but every time I yawn, my jaw klicks and gets stuck.

Is there any way to fix this?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SubHumanHere and 5.5psl
Same I also got TMJ with mewing with the only exception of my mandible and maxilla staying at the same place

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Lost_Soul, Deleted member 15539, depressionmaxxing and 2 others
Same I also got TMJ with mewing with the only exception of my mandible and maxilla staying at the same place
Lack of results may be due to lack of palatal space or insufficient force.

As for tmj, it seems to be caused more due to clenching, rather than mewing (but it's hard not to clench while hard mewing, so it's a common side effect).

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl
I seem to have developed TMJ from mewing. My maxilla and mandible have moved forward and look good now, but every time I yawn, my jaw klicks and gets stuck.

Is there any way to fix this?
Same, but mewing won't do any changes maybe it does more bad than good.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Interested
Your maxilla and mandible have move SO MUCH forward that you developed TMJ? Mewing truly is an astounding weapon.

• JFL
Reactions: SubHumanHere
Same, but mewing won't do any changes maybe it does more bad than good.
has definitely made significant changes, but tmj seems to be a common side effect.

It's still worth it, but it's better to raise awareness so people don't clench their teeth when mewing to avoid tmj.

• +1
Reactions: SubHumanHere
Your maxilla and mandible have move SO MUCH forward that you developed TMJ? Mewing truly is an astounding weapon.
likely due to clenching, go rot somewhere else

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29796, Av0nr and Allornothing
likely due to clenching, go rot somewhere else

You're utterly retarded if you belive that mewing can do anything at all. Go back to reddit with the other bluepilled cucks.

Happened same to me.
Started at 14 and thanks to mewing i didn't mouthbreath( still a subhuman though)

• +1
Weird, I only get TMJ from chewing, mewing has no effect no matter how hard

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Interested and 5.5psl
I got TMJ about one year ago because I chewed like a retard and I didn't know what I was doing.First time it went away in about 2 weeks, then I got it again and I had periods when it flared up.I was almost dying of frustration and pain, but it eventually went away for real.I still hear some cliks, but I don't feel any pain.My theory is that people get TMJ because they aren't used to chew harder foods because it takes more time to chew, the same with gum!So in order to get rid of it, I suggest waiting till it heals and then start chewing mastic gum once a week for 5 minutes and keep progressing slowly till u have 3 days/week like a split.Evntually joints and the masseters will get stronger!

• +1
Nah, mewing can cause TMJD. Mike Mew is a retard, and I rarely use that word. Problem with Mike Mews goofy ass is that he knows everyone is going out mewing, but you are recommend "mewing", and are essentially recommending orthodontic treatment.

Think about it, if I asked you to change your walk from what it currently is to something that isn't ergonomic you would eventually injure yourself.

Mike Mew's nonsense leads to people making drastic changes in their positioning, but their position is supported by the development that hosts it, therefore, if someone is doing something that induces grinding, clinching, or anything that is going to exacerbate their already exacerbated TMJ, which is exacerbated by their resting bite, so they are likely accelerating issues with the TMJ without even realizing it, because they didn't consult a doctor, they just made a structural change without based on a video.

• Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: fingoliansubhuman and Interested
Think about it, I was always "mewing" as a child, I only ever nose breathed, as a result, it would be odd as fuck for my tongue to sit low, it would have to rest up, so I was always "mewing".

People that need to be told to mew... How the fuck do you mew with your mouth open? Oh yeah, you can't. But why is your mouth open? Oh yeah, breathing with your mouth open has become natural for you. So how do you mew? Close your mouth and breath through your nose? But now what happens, the resting position likely isn't conforming because their skull has developed to support that resting position, but now you have them changing their resting position. And some fucks even tape their mouth shut. So then you likely get people teeth grinding, or resting with a slack jaw, anything that harms the TMJ.

If you have "clicking" see an orthodontist for TMJ related issues, get ahead of it.

• +1