I dont 'get' classical music

Inline

Inline

Bronze
Some moments of a given classical piece are pleasant or 'nice', and might evoke some delicate feelings, but i fail to see the genius behind most the choices in the music tbh. Seems to me that there is no reason for the pieces to be so long and most classical music ive listened to can be interesting in some ways but there are parts of it that seem totally random, arbitrarily going all over the place without any concern for structure. The author seems more interested in creating something complex and difficult than something enjoyable or useful, and i feel people that claim to enjoy it are faking it tbh.
I would rather every classical song had a defining rithm to it and lasted around 10 minutes, its more than enough to create an impression on the listener, inspire, etc. Longer durations can still be good as background music for daily activities tho of course

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5522 and Darkstrand
You clearly know absolutely nothing about music if you think parts of classical music is random and arbitrary. Mozart and Beethoven never relied upon randomness to compose their music.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 4671, stuckneworleans and Inline
didn’t read but all i know is classical music = inel

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 245, Deleted member 4675 and Inline
didn’t read but all i know is classical music = inel
Eh it depends. If you only listen to classical then yeah that's an incel trait. But even normies can agree that Vivaldi's Four Seasons is good music. This stacylite girl in my class had her earphones on, but playing too loud and she was listening to classical piano music.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Alt Number 3, stuckneworleans, Inline and 1 other person
Mozart and Beethoven never relied upon randomness to compose their music.
I dont claim to be an expert on the topic.
But i dont care if they used some obscure mathematical principle to compose it or wathever. If it cant be aprehended simply by listening and aesthetical resonance but instead requires understanding the methods used to compose and studying the context of the work, im not very interested. I think the music should speak for itself by being interesting, unique, and most of it doesnt seem so as i described

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5522
Eh it depends. If you only listen to classical then yeah that's an incel trait. But even normies can agree that Vivaldi's Four Seasons is good music. This stacylite girl in my class had her earphones on, but playing too loud and she was listening to classical piano music.
it’s non NT and a falio for any male to be seen listening to classical..

• +1
Reactions: Inline and Krezo
listening to classical is actually a low T trait, I've seen a study that claims that high T men don't listen to it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5522 and stuckneworleans
high t men listen to anime op's and hatstune miku

• +1
Reactions: Inline