I don't understand people who get mad when you offer solutions to depression, they act like if you're depressed there's nothing you can do

Meteor21

Meteor21

Kraken
You can say working out, going for a walk, eating healthy, cleaning your room, trying new things, etc are cliche. It still fucking works. At the very least you wont feel as bad.

Somehow you're the insensitive one, despite the fact that if there's nothing you can do to cure your depression as some people claim your only options are to wait and maybe it'll get better, live with it, or kill yourself.

They act like they've tried everything, but I've never seen an in shape person with good habits that's depressed.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: subhuman incel, micropenis29, gamma and 2 others
This advice, while well-intentioned, can come off as condescending to the depressed person though...I think that's why they can get upset.

It's hard to get motivated to do all those beneficial things when crippled with depression, which can cause a vicious cycle of further depression from poor habits.

At the end of the day, the people who want help will seek it and the ones who don't want help or don't want to get better...won't. There's really nothing you can do for them, sadly.

• +1
Reactions: Meteor21, subhuman incel and micropenis29