I fell for the prestige trap

D

Deleted member 6128

Pruhtty Women 🫶
I’m seriously thinking of taking a 2 gap years to study Maths, Physics and Business

• Hmm...
Reactions: thereallegend
Can you go deeper?

Can you go deeper?
I’m currently in high school turn 18 next year but I don’t have to go straight to Uni I can take a year off and resit my exams allowing me to get better grades.

Also by prestige I mean university prestige aiming to go to a Ivy League or top 4 uk university even if I have to study a Mickey Mouse degree

• +1
Reactions: Respalier, poopoohead and thereallegend
I’m currently in high school turn 18 next year but I don’t have to go straight to Uni I can take a year off and resit my exams allowing me to get better grades.

Also by prestige I mean university prestige aiming to go to a Ivy League or top 4 uk university even if I have to study a Mickey Mouse degree
Dont do that, spend extra time networking and in extracurriculars instead. If you go to a US top college and do this, you can possibly get into high finance, which is more prestigious imo and higher paying

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: bwrauycnee, Entschuldigung, Bitch and 1 other person
Dont do that, spend extra time networking and in extracurriculars instead. If you go to a US top college and do this, you can possibly get into high finance, which is more prestigious imo and higher paying
Don’t think I can attend any school in US atm I’m in the UK.

I’m kind of late for US applications but I do want to relocate. I don’t NEED the money, I have more than enough to sustain myself but networking is extremely important for my future goals

• +1
Reactions: Respalier and Deleted member 23218
Don’t think I can attend any school in US atm I’m in the UK.

I’m kind of late for US applications but I do want to relocate. I don’t NEED the money, I have more than enough to sustain myself but networking is extremely important for my future goals
Starting salary for top IB or similiar positipns is 200k per year with bonus. If youreally do have the work ethic and drive (most dont), you could clear seven figures eventually(unlikely for most, but possible). I am from the US and all I know is that US salaries are much higher. Have you looked at financial aid options, a lot of people at my college are on it

Starting salary for top IB or similiar positipns is 200k per year with bonus. If youreally do have the work ethic and drive (most dont), you could clear seven figures eventually(unlikely for most, but possible). I am from the US and all I know is that US salaries are much higher. Have you looked at financial aid options, a lot of people at my college are on it
What about consulting or VC/hedge fund management?

What about consulting or VC/hedge fund management?
VC and HF can be very good depending on the shop but jfl at consulting unless its MBB. HF is a bit harder to get imo

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Bitch and bwrauycnee
i'm 16, 1.5 more years untill I finish hs I might drop out next year to make my own business or make my own game or some shit I just really don't wanna go to university

Do it bro. Prestige is 100% worth it. Go to Columbia or Yale or Wharton, and if that fails aim for Cornell. IB + Instagram bio halo is legit

• +1
Reactions: Respalier