I got a 1410 on my SAT and my dad is mad at me

wishIwasSalludon

wishIwasSalludon

navigator of the Narcy pirates 🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️
a 1410 is 95th percentile btw, but in typical ethnic fashion my dad was like "dat is not good for ivy league saaaaar why cant you be better" fuarrkkkkkkkkk fuck my life. Luckily I get to take it again senior, And I only studied for 1 day for the test so Im really hoping ill do better next time.
JFL at how ethnics consider any kid who isnt some giga galaxy brained 160 IQ superhuman as a failure.

@Gengar @Lynxress @Mr. President @shabby890 @gooner23 @ElTruecel @mogstars @anthony111553 @Narcissus🥀 @Blackgymmax @aspiringexcel @yeeyeeslayer @PseudoMaxxer @PseduoAryan @edgemaxx @PrinceLuenLeoncur @klip11 @Ricky212

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: 케이제이, sub5c3l, Michael Myers and 12 others
Go back to India and fuck pajeetas studycelling is not a good life

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: 케이제이, brucewayne78, aesthetic beauty and 3 others
it's a great score but not an ELITE score,

like you wanna go to harvard or MIT or some shit it's not competitive enough

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 케이제이, aesthetic beauty, Deleted member 60051 and 5 others
a 1410 is 95th percentile btw, but in typical ethnic fashion my dad was like "dat is not good for ivy league saaaaar why cant you be better" fuarrkkkkkkkkk fuck my life. Luckily I get to take it again senior, And I only studied for 1 day for the test so Im really hoping ill do better next time.
JFL at how ethnics consider any kid who isnt some giga galaxy brained 160 IQ superhuman as a failure.

@Gengar @Lynxress @Mr. President @shabby890 @gooner23 @ElTruecel @mogstars @anthony111553 @Narcissus🥀 @Blackgymmax @aspiringexcel @yeeyeeslayer @PseudoMaxxer @PseduoAryan @edgemaxx @PrinceLuenLeoncur @klip11 @Ricky212
i don't think i took the sat or act i only took the psat, i graduated during covid so it didn't matter

• +1
Reactions: wishIwasSalludon
I got 1430 my parents wanted 1500+ jfl

Just maxx out khan academy bro you'll be good if u do that for like 2 weeks

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: rand anon, Costcosuperstore, Imretarded? and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: yeeyeeslayer
it's fine tho you can take that shit as many times as you want as long as it's before your application deadline

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore and wishIwasSalludon
Thats where my parents want to me to go and if I got in yeah I'd go there but I really dont think im smart enough to get in tbh:feelsrope:

Its over for me
nah that scores still great tbh, sure it's not up to the standard for stanford and princeton but it's good enough for a school like ucla, berkeley or usc or tufts or smth like that

you don't need to get into an elite top echelon school lmao, as long as u get into a good one and get a useful degree you'll be set for life

• +1
Thats where my parents want to me to go and if I got in yeah I'd go there but I really dont think im smart enough to get in tbh:feelsrope:
the importance of going to school like that is overrated imo,

the main benefit of it is that it souds cool/fancy but the difference in earning potential between someone who went to harvard and somone who went to usc for CS is probably miniscule as you get further into ur career

• +1
you don't need to get into an elite top echelon school lmao, as long as u get into a good one and get a useful degree you'll be set
I know but my parents cant comprehend this and my dad went to the best university in our state but its still nothing compared to the schools he wants me to go to and my mom didnt even graduate college jfl. But they expect me to get into MIT like nigga look at the genetic material you guys gave me

• JFL
Reactions: iblamechico, Imretarded? and yeeyeeslayer
But they expect me to get into MIT
I'm all for being ambitious, but it's probably not gonna happen realistically 😂

jfl at thinking you can get into a school like that just with perfect grades and sat score,

that's a bare minimum

nigga to get into a school like mit, on top of the things i mentioned you need to have awards, win physics and math compeitions, be founder of a non profit, start a company that grosses 50k etc. etc. etc.

your dad needs to be more realistic lmao

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Costcosuperstore, Imretarded? and wishIwasSalludon
it's crazy how gooks still haven't realized that it doesn't matter which college you
go to

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ElTruecel, Schizomogger, Imretarded? and 2 others
your dad needs to be more realistic lmao
yea tbh Im hoping maybe me being deathnic will make colleges more lenient, like compared to my ethnic group im probably higher iq than 99.99% of people tbh

it's crazy how gooks still haven't realized that it doesn't matter which college you
go to
yeah unless it’s ivy, almost went to a uc school just to get mogged constantly and be 200k in debt jfl

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: zan, maxilofailo and wishIwasSalludon
yeah unless it’s ivy, almost went to a uc school just to get mogged constantly and be 200k in debt jfl
even ivy only matters if you have a rich white dad with rich white friends to network

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore, butterworld and wishIwasSalludon
nigga just ignore him

• JFL
even ivy only matters if you have a rich white dad with rich white friends to network
Jfl even ivy don’t matter
Truly doesn’t matter where you go it’s what you do there

Exactly, unless you’re rich and white the ivy illusion is a hoax. There’s only two reasons to go to an ivy, connections for a startup or to get into finance, AND maybe academia.

• +1
I got cooked for getting a 1520 lmao

My gpa was a unweighted 3.65 tho jfl, my high school was giga competitive 70% asian school.

Cuz of the gpa + mega-competitive school, I ended up at only a t30 school despite a 1520. Jfl

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Costcosuperstore, Imretarded?, butterworld and 1 other person
I got cooked for getting a 1520 lmao

My gpa wake a 3.65 tho jfl, my high school was giga competitive 70% asian school.
I wish I had white parents

• +1
Reactions: hello12344
networking is the greatest benefit of going to an ivy league
i know 3 people who went to ivy for comp sci and ended up basically at the same place as me so it didn't really mattered if they went to a state school or top 3 college for comp sci. I was a lot more stress free too

• +1
i know 3 people who went to ivy for comp sci and ended up basically at the same place as me so it didn't really mattered if they went to a state school or top 3 college for comp sci. I was a lot more stress free too
Kinda true I only went to a t30ish cs school, but make the same as my t10 friends.

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Imretarded? and gooner23
Kinda true I only went to a t30ish cs school, but make the same as my t10 friends.
ye some people don't realize it was always about $/hr if you got to faang and get stuck in a hybrid schedule your almost certainly working 30 hours+ when you can just stack 2 remote jobs that pay like 100k and work like less than 20 hours with more benefits.

Microsoft pays almost less than legacy media and shouldn't have the same prestige

• JFL
Reactions: Imretarded?
Kill your faggot dad and use his blood as a sacrifice to get into Yale. It's how Skull and Bones maxxers do it.:chad:

• JFL
mogs me to oblivion
My Dravidian parents made me take like a whole ass sat prep class and shit tho. The academic competition in my city was wild af, there was like 100 other East Asian and Indian tryhards who went to the same class jfl.

• JFL
Reactions: rand anon, Imretarded? and wishIwasSalludon
ye some people don't realize it was always about $/hr if you got to faang and get stuck in a hybrid schedule your almost certainly working 30 hours+ when you can just stack 2 remote jobs that pay like 100k and work like less than 20 hours with more benefits.

Microsoft pays almost less than legacy media and shouldn't have the same prestige
Bruh I was almost able to stack 2 jobs, but I got rejected after a 5 round interview for the second one. Coulda been making 300k remote, now I’m stuck at like 150 w just the first one and the markets even worse.

Brutal

• So Sad
Reactions: gooner23
Bruh I was almost able to stack 2 jobs, but I got rejected after a 5 round interview for the second one. Coulda been making 300k remote, now I’m stuck at like 150 w just the first one and the markets even worse.

Brutal
i mean as long as your working reasonable hours, most large interview companies tend to be super brutal on wlb, if its hard to get in, its hard to stay in basically. I had a 9 round interviews for a company that was paying like 110k new grad which was absurd! like quant level interviews final round was almost 6 hours long.
at my current job i haven't had a stand up or team meeting in like 3-4 months and i have waited 2 months for a ticket to even do anything

Attachments

• 7cea1aaba232209e8e69c0b9e3e88440.png
    7cea1aaba232209e8e69c0b9e3e88440.png
    172.8 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Costcosuperstore and hello12344
Imagine being a studycel in 2024 lmao

• +1
i mean as long as your working reasonable hours, most large interview companies tend to be super brutal on wlb, if its hard to get in, its hard to stay in basically. I had a 9 round interviews for a company that was paying like 110k new grad which was absurd! like quant level interviews final round was almost 6 hours long.
at my current job i haven't had a stand up or team meeting in like 3-4 months and i have waited 2 months for a ticket to even do anything
A 9 rounder for barely 100k is crazy LOL, I got my current job with like a 3-4 round interview. It's a return offer from an internship though, and market was wayyy better 2022-2023 so thats prolly y.

• So Sad
Reactions: gooner23
I got 1430 my parents wanted 1500+ jfl

Just maxx out khan academy bro you'll be good if u do that for like 2 weeks
same
what were ur math and reading scores?

A 9 rounder for barely 100k is crazy LOL, I got my current job with like a 3-4 round interview. It's a return offer from an internship though, and market was wayyy better 2022-2023 so thats prolly y.
yea im pretty happy with returning to my job since i work like nothing but every manager i had got laid off but most of them were expected and one of my interviews got cancelled because of the boeing fiasco it effected like every airline company was just hoping to stack 2 jobs since my main job is a bit too laid back

• +1
Reactions: hello12344
im european and my mom was dissapointed by my 1450 even though i fell asleep taking the exam

1410 is a good score but ur dad is right specially with how much harder its becoming to get into good schools as an indian

youll need a 1550 + insane extracurriculars

i had very good extracurriculars and rewards / qualifications for international comp/state comps and wasnt even able to get into berkley which should have been easier to get into than an ivy

good luck though on ur senior year sat though brotha

• JFL
I got 1420

• +1

Congratulations, son, I am proud of you. :ogre:

• Love it
exact score i got

• +1
who gives a fook, just go to a regular college and get your degree. It all means the same at the end anyway.

• +1
+ you need many different spikes, Ivy League is pipe dream for most

• +1
who gives a fook, just go to a regular college and get your degree. It all means the same at the end anyway.
Not exactly, the connections and intangible skills you get at an elite school is well worth it

• +1
i got 1530

• +1
I wish i studied in IB tbh. Could’ve got accepted to top unis in Usa

• +1
my dad tried pulling some shit like that when i was young
started a drug habit just to spite him

Last edited:
  • JFL