Bench 122.5kg
DL:220kg
Squat idek fuck legs
fuck looksmaxxing I may as well become powerlifter
16yo, bench:150kg squat 220kg xx

• +1
Reactions: grungymallard97
Makes sense.

To answer your original point, women find a physique like what Glen Powell has to be very good looking and muscular, and that can be achieved even by someone with bad genetics for bodybuilding like me, it just takes a lot longer.

Now, going to a higher level of muscle mass than that, most women wouldn't find it sexier. It's like the male vs female gaze, the bigger you get, the more you get compliments from guys, women's attraction to muscles doesn't require guys to look like CBUM. A movie star physique is pretty much all you need for looksmaxxing. Choosing to go beyond that is just a matter of personal preference.
I don’t even have like the fat look I have a V taper despite being chubby, I’m going for athlete look due to being a pro boxer

PsUB5P2   Imgur

get mogged

• +1
Reactions: truthhurts, tombradylover and grungymallard97
BRO WTAF😭😭 genetic anomaly, physique picture now that’s National Level
My videos of benching 150 and squatting 220 are too long too upload :/ not that big cus 6'5 :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240619_195924_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240619_195924_Gallery.jpg
    818.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240613_110240_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240613_110240_Gallery.jpg
    869 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
My videos of benching 150 and squatting 220 are too long too upload :/ not that big cus 6'5 :)
Believable tbf, I’m also 6’5 but bro it’s a myth that tall guys can’t look big me and u are huge

Believable tbf, I’m also 6’5 but bro it’s a myth that tall guys can’t look big me and u are huge
haha yh fr, have u posted ur physique? we just gotta outrain and eat everyone else xD

• +1
haha yh fr, have u posted ur physique? we just gotta outrain and eat everyone else xD
lmao yeah but I’m more of the chubby big not Mr Olympia big 😂

I don’t even have like the fat look I have a V taper despite being chubby, I’m going for athlete look due to being a pro boxer
My goal was always to look like this:

B7ec7240028a2e4711b2c9a4c770e309 3633120462
20eb13e9fb841a7a384edc92112c2e0d 443314844 1

I started looking like this at 18 years old:

3c78d4170a3c4cd1880704fef3fbca69 610xh

Today, I look like this:

Progresspics
20240909 171740

I'm similar to this but with with a few differences (smaller triceps, bigger traps, a bigger neck, wider lats, bigger legs, and I'm not as lean):

5e2792296f408c05c0172db3814852a7 961907141

I only started training my triceps seriously very recently, that's why they are so small.

But compared to my starting point, I'm very proud of my progress and I'm happy that I managed to grow my neck to almost as big as the guy in my profile pic (Tom Welling from Smallville). At school, I was always the skinniest guy, and always picked last due to how weak I was in strength and in cardiovascular endurance, now I am more athletic than most guys, and I look better than a lot of guys I used to know in high school who got fat.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel, truthhurts and N1666

View attachment 3161405View attachment 3161406

View attachment 3161411

Today, I look like this:

View attachment 3161416View attachment 3161428

I'm similar to this but with with a few differences (smaller triceps, bigger traps, a bigger neck, wider lats, bigger legs, and I'm not as lean):

View attachment 3161417

I only started training my triceps seriously very recently, that's why they are so small.

But compared to my starting point, I'm very proud of my progress and I'm happy that I managed to grow my neck to almost as big as the guy in my profile pic (Tom Welling from Smallville). At school, I was always the skinniest guy, and always picked last due to how weak I was in strength and in cardiovascular endurance, now I am more athletic than most guys, and I look better than a lot of guys I used to know in high school who got fat.
good progress man looking good

• +1
Reactions: truthhurts, grungymallard97 and Deleted member 88653
good progress man looking good
Thanks, I'm still not satisfied with the size of my triceps, biceps and forearms, and I want to get my chest a lot bigger, but for the other muscle groups, I am pretty satisfied, so I've been doing a lot more volume for those muscles to get them to grow, and also been doing more side delts since it's an area I often neglected in the past, and I'm getting great results from that.

My arms now grow at a rate of 1/8 of an inch every 2 weeks or so, which is really good. By the time summer of 2025 comes around, my arms will probably be around 15 or 16 inches and will look decent for my height. 18 inches is what I'm really aiming for.

• +1
Reactions: truthhurts and grungymallard97

View attachment 3161405View attachment 3161406

View attachment 3161411

Today, I look like this:

View attachment 3161416View attachment 3161428

View attachment 3161417

yeah bro u have improved sm, in a couple more years u will look like them guys, just consistently bulk

• +1
Reactions: truthhurts and Deleted member 88653
  • +1
Thanks, I'm still not satisfied with the size of my triceps, biceps and forearms, and I want to get my chest a lot bigger, but for the other muscle groups, I am pretty satisfied, so I've been doing a lot more volume for those muscles to get them to grow, and also been doing more side delts since it's an area I often neglected in the past, and I'm getting great results from that.

My arms now grow at a rate of 1/8 of an inch every 2 weeks or so, which is really good. By the time summer of 2025 comes around, my arms will probably be around 15 or 16 inches and will look decent for my height. 18 inches is what I'm really aiming for.
good shit bro keep it up i personally prefer intensity over volume

• +1
Reactions: truthhurts, grungymallard97 and Deleted member 88653
yeah bro u have improved sm, in a couple more years u will look like them guys, just consistently bulk
Yeah that's exactly what I'm doing, currently on a lean bulk of 2 lb gain per month and my lifts are consistently going up. I prioritize my arm training by putting it before everything else and I train at home so I am able to be a lot more consistent with it.

• +1
No pic no care

• +1
good shit bro keep it up i personally prefer intensity over volume
I also train to failure but perform 15 weekly sets for triceps and biceps each. Most people can get away with 6-8 weekly sets and they'll still make progress, up to a point. But volume should always be increased when a plateau occurs over the course of 2 weeks, because when all other variables are accounted for, lack of volume is always the culprit.

• +1
Reactions: truthhurts, grungymallard97 and a1ex.kel
it’s just built up natural strength over years of exercise and boxing n swimming
Yeah that's exactly what I'm doing, currently on a lean bulk of 2 lb gain per month and my lifts are consistently going up. I prioritize my arm training by putting it before everything else and I train at home so I am able to be a lot more consistent with it.
Yeah I find doing biceps first at least always gets me the best pump

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 88653 and truthhurts
it’s just built up natural strength over years of exercise and boxing n swimming

Yeah I find doing biceps first at least always gets me the best pump
I don't really go for pump, more for a rep goal while keeping form the same. If I can do 50 reps total in 5 sets of 8-12 reps, I know I can increase the weight by 5 lbs. For triceps I use a 60 rep goal, just because the weight goes behind my head, so to avoid injury. But I'm getting great progress from that.

Measuring my arms and tracking it on paper helps a lot with motivation.

• +1
I don't really go for pump, more for a rep goal while keeping form the same. If I can do 50 reps total in 5 sets of 8-12 reps, I know I can increase the weight by 5 lbs. For triceps I use a 60 rep goal, just because the weight goes behind my head, so to avoid injury. But I'm getting great progress from that.

Measuring my arms and tracking it on paper helps a lot with motivation.
I thought pump=more growth or maybe I’m wrong? is it about volume rather than tension and stretch in muscle

I thought pump=more growth or maybe I’m wrong? is it about volume rather than tension and stretch in muscle
It's not about the pump, but causing muscular adaptations.

This is achieved through progressive overload, by doing more reps or more weight for the same number of sets without cheating on your exercise technique. That phenomenon is understood by most of the fitness community.

The one thing that very few people are aware of is that eventually you will hit a plateau, where for 2 weeks or more you won't be able to add reps or weight to your lift, and if you've been eating enough, sleeping enough, and doing everything the same but you still have that plateau, there can only be one explanation, your body needs more volume (more sets) to continue the muscular adaptations.

Example: If you usually do 3 sets of 8-12 reps twice a week, you might need to start doing 5 sets. As little as you need to see growth is usually the best amount of volume but you won't know until you experiment. But if you grow from 6 weekly sets, doing 12 weekly sets is kind of pointless. But if you need 15 weekly sets like I do but people tell you it's too much and you reduce it, you will not grow.

Volume is very individual, some need more, others need less, but the stronger you get, the more volume you need to cause more muscular adaptations (progressive overload). The only genetic limit is when you are at a point with like 18 inch arms where you're at a plateau for more than 2 weeks and doing more volume would make it too difficult to recover from your workout, that's when you know you're at your limit. But guys do like 6 weekly sets with 16 inch arms, and are stuck in the plateau for years and years and then they're gullible enough to think they just need to get their bench to 3 plates. Truth is, direct arm work is the way to go for big arms, and the same goes for any other muscle group, direct work is always better.

The issue is most fitness channels never discuss this because their main audience is novice lifters. Anything will work for a novice, even suboptimal programming, because they're new to the gym. There should be more channels targeting intermediate and advanced lifters but if they did that, they would get less views, and a much smaller audience, and that's why basement bodybuilding (one of the only channels who does it) has way less subscribers than all the others.

• +1
Really big actually, but you might have body dysmorphia (bigorexia) which is common among those who were either always big or who used steroids

• +1
It's not about the pump, but causing muscular adaptations.

This is achieved through progressive overload, by doing more reps or more weight for the same number of sets without cheating on your exercise technique. That phenomenon is understood by most of the fitness community.

The one thing that very few people are aware of is that eventually you will hit a plateau, where for 2 weeks or more you won't be able to add reps or weight to your lift, and if you've been eating enough, sleeping enough, and doing everything the same but you still have that plateau, there can only be one explanation, your body needs more volume (more sets) to continue the muscular adaptations.

Example: If you usually do 3 sets of 8-12 reps twice a week, you might need to start doing 5 sets. As little as you need to see growth is usually the best amount of volume but you won't know until you experiment. But if you grow from 6 weekly sets, doing 12 weekly sets is kind of pointless. But if you need 15 weekly sets like I do but people tell you it's too much and you reduce it, you will not grow.

Volume is very individual, some need more, others need less, but the stronger you get, the more volume you need to cause more muscular adaptations (progressive overload). The only genetic limit is when you are at a point with like 18 inch arms where you're at a plateau for more than 2 weeks and doing more volume would make it too difficult to recover from your workout, that's when you know you're at your limit. But guys do like 6 weekly sets with 16 inch arms, and are stuck in the plateau for years and years and then they're gullible enough to think they just need to get their bench to 3 plates. Truth is, direct arm work is the way to go for big arms, and the same goes for any other muscle group, direct work is always better.

The issue is most fitness channels never discuss this because their main audience is novice lifters. Anything will work for a novice, even suboptimal programming, because they're new to the gym. There should be more channels targeting intermediate and advanced lifters but if they did that, they would get less views, and a much smaller audience, and that's why basement bodybuilding (one of the only channels who does it) has way less subscribers than all the others.
Thanks for the advice bro, ima pretty novice lifter despite my stats, so I don’t think I’m anywhere near my plateau

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 88653
are you e-stating max single rep or what you do routinely for sets

• +1
are you e-stating max single rep or what you do routinely for sets
idk what Estating means but they’re my one rep maxes (deadlift has defo gone up but haven’t measured it in like 3 weeks which is half the time I’ve been going)

idk what Estating means but they’re my one rep maxes (deadlift has defo gone up but haven’t measured it in like 3 weeks which is half the time I’ve been going)
e-stating means giving unverified stats over the internet to brag

• +1
e-stating means giving unverified stats over the internet to brag
Oh right, nah if you’ve seen my gym posts before and stats you’d know I’m not larping people in this thread have seen these

Oh right, nah if you’ve seen my gym posts before and stats you’d know I’m not larping people in this thread have seen these
270 max bench isn't exactly unbelievable. I probably do something similar. I do 215 for easy sets and 225 if I want to do fewer reps per set.

• +1
270 max bench isn't exactly unbelievable. I probably do something similar. I do 215 for easy sets and 225 if I want to do fewer reps per set.
oh I thought u were accusing me of lying lol, yeah I also do reps on 225

oh I thought u were accusing me of lying lol, yeah I also do reps on 225
two plates is a pretty standard intermediate bench, so hitting that natty is pretty good

• +1
two plates is a pretty standard intermediate bench, so hitting that natty is pretty good
Yeah ik it’s basic but Im new to the gym lol thanks

Thanks for the advice bro, ima pretty novice lifter despite my stats, so I don’t think I’m anywhere near my plateau
It depends on how much volume you're doing, if you're on a push pull legs split, you probably have plenty of volume per muscle group. It's usually more the people who are following minimalist programs like stronglifts who get plateaus early on, due to a lack of volume.

I've been doing upper lower since 2021 and I used to do full body before that. But I only started maximizing the volume on upper lower very recently and that helps a LOT

There are roided out users here who probably do 270 for reps
270 lbs for reps can be done naturally but truth is, being that strong doesn't mean you will have a good physique, because there is more to aesthetics than a big chest. It shows in my physique by the lack of muscle in the arms. it almost makes me look like a DYEL, I mean if people focus only on that aspect. So I've been training my arms more seriously, I gained an inch in the past month, most of it was muscle memory though, but the last quarter inch I gained was completely new.

• +1
270 lbs for reps can be done naturally but truth is, being that strong doesn't mean you will have a good physique, because there is more to aesthetics than a big chest. It shows in my physique by the lack of muscle in the arms. it almost makes me look like a DYEL, I mean if people focus only on that aspect. So I've been training my arms more seriously, I gained an inch in the past month, most of it was muscle memory though, but the last quarter inch I gained was completely new.
I'm saying that you probably dont physique or strength mog some users here because you're natty

• +1
Reactions: grungymallard97 and Deleted member 88653
I'm saying that you probably dont physique or strength mog some users here because you're natty
True and some of them have really good genetics. I remember back at my high school there was one guy who was very muscular and we were all 17 years old.

Today he looks like this:

457370782 8124349697634655 8384919222721831897 n

While I look like this:

Progresspics

But I used to look like this:

3c78d4170a3c4cd1880704fef3fbca69 610xh

I think I progressed more since high school than he did, even though he had a sports background and good genetics for bodybuilding while I did not. I am much taller than him though. He is like 5'6 or 5'7" while I'm 6'4"

True and some of them have really good genetics. I remember back at my high school there was one guy who was very muscular and we were all 17 years old.

View attachment 3161679

While I look like this:

View attachment 3161680

View attachment 3161681

I think I progressed more since high school than he did, even though he had a sports background and good genetics for bodybuilding while I did not. I am much taller than him though. He is like 5'6 or 5'7" while I'm 6'4"
good progress for natty

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 88653 and grungymallard97

View attachment 3161679

While I look like this:

View attachment 3161680

View attachment 3161681

His head is way to big compared to his body, even though his physique is as chunky as it gets. Manlet lifters just cannot win

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 88653 and grungymallard97
Don't ever brag till you hit 140 kg bench being lean, rookie