I have apprehensions about the approaching winter

emeraldglass

emeraldglass

6'1" Gymmaxed Moroccan Stoic— MOD from Benelux
Staff
Europeans should possess the foresight to realize that this upcoming winter will likely be even harsher than the previous one. The support of their leaders in the war for Israel has exacerbated the situation. The Russian-Ukrainian conflict has already driven up prices, and now Europe is antagonizing key Middle Eastern players who are significant suppliers of fossil fuels. Europe is making adversaries it can ill afford. Rather than maintaining neutrality in this conflict, even just to keep Arab states amicable, they've openly declared support for their adversaries. Many Arab nations belong to OPEC and OPEC will stand with them as a unified cartel. Moreover, numerous nations in this group hail from the global south and already have harbored resentment toward the West, a good example is Venezuela.

The continuation and potential escalation of this conflict will likely result in a spike in energy prices to the point that industrial production will collapse throughout the continent. This impending winter, not to mention the one following, will be extremely hard. While the leaders remain in their warm homes, ordinary citizens will face severe cold.

@TRUE_CEL @ReadBooksEveryday @J5F0O1VJe00 @IwantToLooksMaxx

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SecularIslamist, flippasav and Michael Myers
To be honest, since starting college, I don't care about the political climate anymore. I just wanna get my paper!

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, datboijj, Mr. President and 2 others
To be honest, since starting college, I don't care about the political climate anymore. I just wanna get my paper!
There's no bright future in Europe, especially if this or any war spreads to Europe, and believe me this is a very very big possibility.

• +1
Reactions: Michael Myers
Winter where i live is ez as fuck

There's no bright future in Europe, especially if this or any war spreads to Europe, and believe me this is a very very big possibility.
I think I'm safe, bhai! I could do this work outside of Europe as well. Perks of doing computer science!

• +1
Reactions: emeraldglass
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and Michael Myers
Europeans should possess the foresight to realize that this upcoming winter will likely be even harsher than the previous one. The support of their leaders in the war for Israel has exacerbated the situation. The Russian-Ukrainian conflict has already driven up prices, and now Europe is antagonizing key Middle Eastern players who are significant suppliers of fossil fuels. Europe is making adversaries it can ill afford. Rather than maintaining neutrality in this conflict, even just to keep Arab states amicable, they've openly declared support for their adversaries. Many Arab nations belong to OPEC and OPEC will stand with them as a unified cartel. Moreover, numerous nations in this group hail from the global south and already have harbored resentment toward the West, a good example is Venezuela.

The continuation and potential escalation of this conflict will likely result in a spike in energy prices to the point that industrial production will collapse throughout the continent. This impending winter, not to mention the one following, will be extremely hard. While the leaders remain in their warm homes, ordinary citizens will face severe cold.

@TRUE_CEL @ReadBooksEveryday @J5F0O1VJe00 @IwantToLooksMaxx
Idk, heating was only used here for 1 month. You just put on a jacket, broski. It's been like this for ages.

• +1
Reactions: datboijj and the BULL
IMG 4391

• JFL
Reactions: datboijj, emeraldglass and Michael Myers
I think I'm safe, bhai! I could do this work outside of Europe as well. Perks of doing computer science!
Following Europe's involvement, it will potentially escalate into a global conflict, a third world war.

Last edited:
  • +1
Following Europe's involvement, it will potentially escalate into a global conflict, akin to a third world war.
Good. Total population death!

• JFL
Idk, heating was only used here for 1 month. You just put on a jacket, broski. It's been like this for ages.
No gas, no oil. Also few electricity in many European countries because so called global warming. A jacket won’t help you.

• +1
Just put on a jacket. European countries don't go to war

• JFL
No gas, no oil. Also few electricity in many European countries because so called global warming. A jacket won’t help you.
Idk, I've been through this but then again, it's different here in asia.

• JFL
Take the winter nights like a man

• Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: emeraldglass and datboijj
God I hate europoors thank god i live in the most based country on earth

I hope so. However this is probably cope, the same was said in 2022. I dont think OPEC will do anything too drastic.

Just put on a jacket. European countries don't go to war
It's simple for you to say that from Italy. Winters here can often drop below freezing temperatures.

Idk, I've been through this but then again, it's different here in asia.
Where in Asia? If not from Siberia or the tundra you should not talk.

Idk man Belgium is pretty oceanic so winter should be soft, no?
No, it's actually the opposite, the cold from the sea extends across the country.

I hope so. However this is probably cope, the same was said in 2022. I dont think OPEC will do anything too drastic.
Over time, it will gradually escalate, not immediately, but eventually. Interestingly, OPEC doesn't necessarily need to take any action, speculation alone can drive prices higher.

https://www.thelocal.de/20231013 [Q...y-gas-supply-secure-for-coming-winter[/QUOTE]
Countries fill UP their gas reserves in advance

/germany-gas-supply-secure-for-coming-winter[/URL]

Countries fill UP their gas reserves in advance
It's the same situation they talked about last year, but what are the prices now? If they don't face opposition from certain countries, they will fabricate claims, just like they did with Nord Stream, leading to price increases. Keep in mind that these reserves aren't solely for Germany, they're meant to serve the entire European Union. And only a few countries possess substantial reserves, while the rest can barely survive a single winter without them. Belgium has already seen price spikes, and winter hasn't even arrived.

Do not to forget the interconnectedness between these nations, this makes an escalation very plausible. As a political enthusiast, I see these connections and can connect the dots. Even if it doesn't lead to a direct war, it certainly sets the stage for one in the near future, and in the meantime, we'll bear the consequences of these decisions, whether it's in a state of conflict or during a longer period of uncertainty.

• +1
Reactions: Mr. President
word.

• +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back