I have money to invest in the stock market, is now a good time?

odegoat

odegoat

Retired Simp
I know that the stock market is not in a good moment, but I understand that when the stock market is bad, that is when you have to invest. What do you think? What companies do you recommend I invest in?

• +1
Reactions: MM299579
Absolutely not, wait until it really crashes. Buy when VIX is above 46 (very good buying opportunity)

• +1
Reactions: JimmyDreamsOfZygos and MM299579
yep, it's always a good time

• JFL
Sp500 I'm not really going in big till its below 3200.

I did top up semis today though, it's a cyclical play, u might wanna do that, but I didn't so much 200 usd each into 4 stocks

Just start DCAing tbh

if anything i would be bearish on oil

I think s&p below 3000 is a real possibility.

Also remember if you're in a third world country (non USA country) you are losing just as much money holding your currency as you would be holding stocks, but with no chance of a bounce back.

• +1
if you have time you can try your hand at learning what the day traders are up to, the patterns, their decision making etc

in general the outlook is not good, but there are daily movements to be made

also some events have consequences; you can learn about the markets and think about what these events might be, but you have to be 1) somewhat ahead of the curve and 2) more importantly, right

I think s&p below 3000 is a real possibility.

Also remember if you're in a third world country (non USA country) you are losing just as much money holding your currency as you would be holding stocks, but with no chance of a bounce back.
non USA country=third world country?

I know that the stock market is not in a good moment, but I understand that when the stock market is bad, that is when you have to invest. What do you think? What companies do you recommend I invest in?
Fuck the stock market. Go for crypto. Apparently their is a lot of speculation with Luna Classic, known as terra/luna before and after the crash where it went from 40 billion market cap to 0.33 billion ( 330 million ) , so a crash of -99.2% a bunch of supply was increased a ridiculous amount, from 400 million (0.4 billion ) to 6.9 trillion, so almost 7 trillion ( 7000 billion ) basically. Currently they are burning like 0.5 billion a day, which isn't much, but their is speculation that binance is getting close to implementing a on chain and off chain burn, and it could then achieve 5-10 billion a day burn. 10 billion a day gone would reduce the supply by a trillion in 100 days.

I got in in different times, some at the bottom area mid June ,and bought more as it went up as it showed me to that interest in the project was their. Some say its a meme token like doge, while others say It will be a good coin fundamentally as projects develop on the blockchain and the original depegging issue gets resolved with the new protocol that fixes the previous bug that resulted in the massive wipeout. We will see.

Stock market sentiment wise: Its a risky time to invest in the sense that fed funds rate of 3.25% now, up 0.75% from last month, and 0.75% the month before the last month, indicates rapid tightening. A increase in rates won't nescarilyl mean an immediate crash, but now given the fact that so many companies are zombie companies which basically can barely survive and pay interest on the debts, they will get crushed and go bankrupt as their debt fueled growth becomes much more harder to do with the high cost of borrowing. Thats why we are freaking out in the first place as the stock market has been primarily driven on QE with zero interest rates for over a decade till now. The easy money era is coming.

While they say to buy when their is " blood " on the streets, it seems the price action, and vix price action look similar to the 2008 crash. I unfortunately got fucked and had puts done in march, but they expired in June and July, as well as calls on oil and natural gas that expired in those time frames asa well. They all profited but the swift rebound in stocks and crash in energy in those periods got rid of my profits.

I would be cautiously investing. Now is definetly not the time to go all in with thousands on options, but a few hundred in some crypto shit coins like Luna Classic that has somehow retained 1 million followers on coin market cap ( doge coin achieved 1.6 million and it hit 100 Billion), lunc is at 1.5 billion currently and has that many followers, very impressive. Its also been ranked at like the top 5 on we bull several months in a row. Very interesting to see that it might be the next doge, so if the markets become bullish, we could see like it doing x50 maybe from here, and keep in mind you get additional bonus in $ value as the supply burns, making your stack worth more.

Their other good cryptos, like ether classic, chilliz(chz)coin , ada, theta, cake coin, etc. FTX has a neat feature and offers crypto index investing, like the shitcoin index, midcap crypto index, large cap crypto index, privacy coin index, exchange coin index, etc. That way you don't get fucked by buying certain coins which may not moon while the rest of the crypto market moons. But Luna Classic imo given the massive hype I think a small wager on it could be a worth bet. Probably no more then 100-200$. Some crazed speculators have bet thousands of dollars, which I think is too risky.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: odegoat
@odegoat I would say overall one should invest in small portions in cryptos and other assets, with some dollar cost averaging. Reson being a fed rate hike doesn't instantly mean a market crash. Same applies for the opposite .In early 2008 around February we had a huge rate decrease and the market still crashed. So now might be the time to be a contrarian ( but cautiously). Also by the end of the year an embargo is going to occur on russian oil and gas. The feds goal is to somehow have a recession to reduce energy demand enough that we last the winter. Amazingly retarded idea as what's their plan when things get better, energy to the moon? Or we have somehow a prolonged depression almost till new energy capacity is built to replace russian energy, that would take 2-4 years.

• +1
Reactions: odegoat
If your horizons are long term (10+ years) than it's not a bad time to start drip feeding. But expect volatility. Stick to index funds and ETFs rather than buy individual stocks if you wanna go low risk and low reward.

Fuck the stock market. Go for crypto. Apparently their is a lot of speculation with Luna Classic, known as terra/luna before and after the crash where it went from 40 billion market cap to 0.33 billion ( 330 million ) , so a crash of -99.2% a bunch of supply was increased a ridiculous amount, from 400 million (0.4 billion ) to 6.9 trillion, so almost 7 trillion ( 7000 billion ) basically. Currently they are burning like 0.5 billion a day, which isn't much, but their is speculation that binance is getting close to implementing a on chain and off chain burn, and it could then achieve 5-10 billion a day burn. 10 billion a day gone would reduce the supply by a trillion in 100 days.

I got in in different times, some at the bottom area mid June ,and bought more as it went up as it showed me to that interest in the project was their. Some say its a meme token like doge, while others say It will be a good coin fundamentally as projects develop on the blockchain and the original depegging issue gets resolved with the new protocol that fixes the previous bug that resulted in the massive wipeout. We will see.

Stock market sentiment wise: Its a risky time to invest in the sense that fed funds rate of 3.25% now, up 0.75% from last month, and 0.75% the month before the last month, indicates rapid tightening. A increase in rates won't nescarilyl mean an immediate crash, but now given the fact that so many companies are zombie companies which basically can barely survive and pay interest on the debts, they will get crushed and go bankrupt as their debt fueled growth becomes much more harder to do with the high cost of borrowing. Thats why we are freaking out in the first place as the stock market has been primarily driven on QE with zero interest rates for over a decade till now. The easy money era is coming.

While they say to buy when their is " blood " on the streets, it seems the price action, and vix price action look similar to the 2008 crash. I unfortunately got fucked and had puts done in march, but they expired in June and July, as well as calls on oil and natural gas that expired in those time frames asa well. They all profited but the swift rebound in stocks and crash in energy in those periods got rid of my profits.

I would be cautiously investing. Now is definetly not the time to go all in with thousands on options, but a few hundred in some crypto shit coins like Luna Classic that has somehow retained 1 million followers on coin market cap ( doge coin achieved 1.6 million and it hit 100 Billion), lunc is at 1.5 billion currently and has that many followers, very impressive. Its also been ranked at like the top 5 on we bull several months in a row. Very interesting to see that it might be the next doge, so if the markets become bullish, we could see like it doing x50 maybe from here, and keep in mind you get additional bonus in $ value as the supply burns, making your stack worth more.

Their other good cryptos, like ether classic, chilliz(chz)coin , ada, theta, cake coin, etc. FTX has a neat feature and offers crypto index investing, like the shitcoin index, midcap crypto index, large cap crypto index, privacy coin index, exchange coin index, etc. That way you don't get fucked by buying certain coins which may not moon while the rest of the crypto market moons. But Luna Classic imo given the massive hype I think a small wager on it could be a worth bet. Probably no more then 100-200$. Some crazed speculators have bet thousands of dollars, which I think is too risky.
So buy Luna. Got it 👍

this
dca

trying to time the market as an amateur, is cope
To a degree, the exact bottom and tops are incredibly hard to predict, but you can be able to somewhat better DCA by understanding the fundamentals , specifically with major news events and fed policy, as well as % drops and pumps to see the overall chance of roi. A blue chip stock that's down 60% from ath, you have a much higher chance of it returning to its long term price averages then from -20% down from ath.