I have overbite and dont know what to do

V

v0zifyy

Iron
Im 14 rn and have overbite. My upper teeth are pretty straight but lower teeth are not and i have overbite. I was thinking about getting braces but i now know that my maxilla wil go backwards so i wont do that. Is invisalign a good option ?

• So Sad
Reactions: goldpill
Normal people have slight overbite, it's normal. Don't recommend any dental work until at least 16 unless your teeth are really bad

Normal people have slight overbite, it's normal. Don't recommend any dental work until at least 16 unless your teeth are really bad
my overbite aint normal tho. you cant see my lower teeth if i close my mouth

• +1
Reactions: zura, pentamogged9000 and goldpill
I'm similar. Braces can fix it if it's purely a bite problem and not related to mandible length

• So Sad
Reactions: pentamogged9000
wait till u’re 18 and get jaw surgery

but braces will recess maxilla
There is a chance of it yeah. But the only other option is spending 30k on jaw surgery. If it's only a small overbite it won't recess you if your bones are fully developed

There is a chance of it yeah. But the only other option is spending 30k on jaw surgery. If it's only a small overbite it won't recess you if your bones are fully developed
I live in the Netherlands it costs like 3k here

I live in the Netherlands it costs like 3k here
try chewing a raw carrot a day, without cutting it into pieces and purely biting it off with your teeth. Do this for a month or 2 and see if there is any difference. Make sure to plan a location, time of day, and lighting where you take your progress pictures

Im 14 rn and have overbite. My upper teeth are pretty straight but lower teeth are not and i have overbite. I was thinking about getting braces but i now know that my maxilla wil go backwards so i wont do that. Is invisalign a good option ?
Dw get braces, I had very bad overbite where my jaw way say more forward and my upper teeth were over my lower lips , it got fixed in 2 years and currently it's normal but i still have little more than slight overbite I'm gonna get braces again cuz I had to stop the treatment bcz my dentist died :lul:

An overbite can only really be fixed by orthodontists, aka with braces. You'd need the upper teeth pulled back to align properly with the lower.

An overbite can only really be fixed by orthodontists, aka with braces. You'd need the upper teeth pulled back to align properly with the lower.
You can't just slide the jaw forward?

They're gonna get rid of muh forward growth maxilla :(

Nah. Good luck getting that much forward growth. And even then an overbite's upper teeth normally stick out at an angle, they need to be verticle
So I have to fuck my face over even more to get rid of overbite?

Attachments

• PXL_20240117_195421291.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240117_195421291.MP.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 0
So I have to fuck my face over even more to get rid of overbite?
Do you want to look like a fucking bunny every time you smile or not? Up to you. I'm just advising you what to do. Braces are a short term thing you don't need to keep them after they've done their job.