I have severe maxilla recession with big mandible and I have a 15/16 cm philtrum lenght

D

Deleted member 16264

Iron
Will reducing the verticalization of my maxilla, reduce my philtrum lenght? My upper lip is enormous but not defined since I have always been a mouth breather

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad, Deleted member 13335, Deleted member 16394 and 1 other person
15/16 cm philtrum lenght
My condolences

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 31238, Sny, Deleted member 14918 and 18 others
wtf u mean 15cm philtrum lenght ? that's impossible

• +1
Reactions: Biiyo03 and Deleted member 13335
Pls include pic of your philtrum

• +1
Reactions: never_lucky
Nigga has 10x bigger philtrum than me

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Biiyo03, one job away, gamma and 3 others
Who cares! Looks dont matter! U can slay with 15cm philtrum.

• JFL
Reactions: .👽., Birdcell, itorroella9 and 1 other person
niggas philtrum longer than my cock:oops::feelswah:
318FA439 1913 46C0 BA2F BD36892BFF3D

15mm is literally average philtrum length, your midface is probably just long there's no fixing that

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SunShine Senpai, Slob and Constantin Denis
15mm is literally average philtrum length, your midface is probably just long there's no fixing that
Yeah my midface is long compared to the width but my midface ratio is like 0.99 and I have nasolabial folds (probably for recession) at 20. I'm proportional and I result as cute to girls (not handsome)

Anyway I have a really long lower third that is unharmonious as shit and narrower that it would be with a average maxilla and without more than 1/2 cm of retrusion

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16394
Yeah my midface is long compared to the width but my midface ratio is like 0.99 and I have nasolabial folds (probably for recession) at 20. I'm proportional and I result as cute to girls (not handsome)

Anyway I have a really long lower third that is unharmonious as shit and narrower that it would be with a average maxilla and without more than 1/2 cm of retrusion
So your midface isn't long, you know 1.00 is the ideal midface ratio right?

The issue is your long chin and maxillary recession then.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16264
So your midface isn't long, you know 1.00 is the ideal midface ratio right?

The issue is your long chin and maxillary recession then.
Yeah it is a big issue for me... Mouth breathing caused by genetic problems in the nose has ruined my genetic potential... My skull is like a wide pine nut with a maybe prominent chin, but recessed... So you see a chin, but this is far from the other features of the face... And I have a flat face with no cheekbones

Attachments

• 917F859B-1FD5-48C0-9051-02BC3E56FB22.jpeg
    917F859B-1FD5-48C0-9051-02BC3E56FB22.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 94C7912F-5EE7-43E2-AD77-92E530765334.jpeg
    94C7912F-5EE7-43E2-AD77-92E530765334.jpeg
    19.9 KB · Views: 0
  • JFL
Reactions: ChristianChad
Fairly long
OK thanks, Is the lenght (some mm) caused by recession? I have the lower lip that is bigger, more forward and hangs down while most models have the upper one that is bigger.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
OK thanks, Is the lenght (some mm) caused by recession? I have the lower lip that is bigger, more forward and hangs down while most models have the upper one that is bigger.
Im not knowledgeable enough to answer that
@LooksOverAll what do u think?

• +1
Im not knowledgeable enough to answer that
@LooksOverAll what do u think?
@LooksOverAll when I simulate to have forward growth my philtrum becomes shorter and my upper lip becomes bigger, and I can see the definition of it (right now my upper lip is still not defined), however for genetics I don't have a short philtrum. If I hadn't full and big lips, right now my philtrum would be way way longer...

Last edited:
@LooksOverAll when I simulate to have forward growth my philtrum becomes shorter and my upper lip becomes bigger, and I can see the definition of it (right now my upper lip is still not defined), however for genetics I don't have a short philtrum. If I hadn't full and big lips, right now my philtrum would be way way longer...
@LooksOverAll

Nose length : average, on the shorter side

Midface Ratio: 0.99

Philtrum to Chin Ratio: around 2.25

FWHR ratio: difficult to calculate because of my recession, but it's around 1.55/1.6

Philtrum length: 16 mm

My chin is not even supported by the bone.

Full lips ideally of the same size, but right now the lower is more forward and before mewing it used to hang down since I was a mouth-breather. I'm 20, wide and thick tongue. My palate, which is not too narrow, is still expanding, but I have more than 1 cm recession. Never used my nose to breathe (apart from when I did sports) in my whole life, until 18 years old. My tongue was always on the bottom of my mouth or I was always with my mouth open. I've got my 3rd class malocclusion + open bite + Cross bite corrected, so my teeth are aligned and I've got no malocclusion... I'm not a birdcel (recession of the mandible so jaw surgery) so it's not over yet

Last edited:
@LooksOverAll

Nose length : average, on the shorter side

Midface Ratio: 0.99

Philtrum to Chin Ratio: around 2.25

FWHR ratio: difficult to calculate because of my recession, but it's around 1.55/1.6

Philtrum length: 16 mm

My chin is not even supported by the bone.

Full lips ideally of the same size, but right now the lower is more forward and before mewing it used to hang down since I was a mouth-breather. I'm 20, wide and thick tongue. My palate, which is not too narrow, is still expanding, but I have more than 1 cm recession. Never used my nose to breathe (apart from when I did sports) in my whole life, until 18 years old. My tongue was always on the bottom of my mouth or I was always with my mouth open. I've got my 3rd class malocclusion + open bite + Cross bite corrected, so my teeth are aligned and I've got no malocclusion... I'm not a birdcel (recession of the mandible so jaw surgery) so it's not over yet
Post pic of side profile.

No, maxillary recession causes a shorter philtrum. Moving it forward will give the appearance of a taller philtrum.

• +1
@LooksOverAll I have the type of recession where all my face is flat... I don't have any cheekbones' exposure and that birdcel face. My front face is melted, hanging down (unsupported nose, philtrum, upper lip and chin)

I always looked at this GIF for an overview about my possibly future face

Attachments

• Recession.webp
    278.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
@LooksOverAll I have the type of recession where all my face is flat... I don't have any cheekbones' exposure and that birdcel face. My front face is melted, hanging down (unsupported nose, philtrum, upper lip and chin)

Or this one, all I need is rotating my maxilla foreward, since I don't have any malocclusion @LooksOverAll

Attachments

• IMG_20211210_211145.jpg
    IMG_20211210_211145.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 0

Your mandible is very recessed as well. You need CCW bimax.

• +1
Thanks, will my philtrum remain 16 mm right, or it will become even 1 mm less if my upper lip becomes better defined since I won't mouth breathe again? (I saw a video of an orthodontist on YouTube who said that differences in lips in mouth-breathers (for example Lower lip bigger) can be solved by closing the mouth and breathing through the nose

how much advancement do you think he needs? i am even more recessed than him :forcedsmile:

Thanks, do you think is possible to do Lefort 3? I'm not deformed but I want to rotate only the maxilla and the results I saw are life saving