I have underbite what should i do to fix it?

kena

kena

Iron
I am 15 with 13 bone age, i have underbite and im not sure whats the best way to fix it. I heard that rubber bands can ruin your face but then should i just get braces or what should i do?

chew big carrots every day without cutting them or cooking them

How does that work and how does it help? I also have a small slightly recessed maxilla because of the underbite, will braces push my maxilla forward?
if ur worried about maxilla, don't get braces cause the bands will pull ur maxilla inwards.
Get jaw surgery asap, bimax would be good, also gonna push ur maxilla forward

if ur worried about maxilla, don't get braces cause the bands will pull ur maxilla inwards.
Get jaw surgery asap, bimax would be good, also gonna push ur maxilla forward
But the way they fix underbite with bands is by pulling it outwards, if overbite theyll pull it inwards and i dont think my lower jaw can get recessed

But the way they fix underbite with bands is by pulling it outwards, if overbite theyll pull it inwards
is ur underbite severe? idk man braces never seem worth it to me, got one for 3 years, didn't fully fixed my overjet at all.

While u can have jaw surgery and fully recover in a year while ur face being more aesthetic, I'd never recommend brace or Invisalign to anyone

is ur underbite severe? idk man braces never seem worth it to me, got one for 3 years, didn't fully fixed my overjet at all.

While u can have jaw surgery and fully recover in a year while ur face being more aesthetic, I'd never recommend brace or Invisalign to anyone
Not severe, and also im still growing is it safe to get jaw surgery at my age? At my bone age?

But the way they fix underbite with bands is by pulling it outwards, if overbite theyll pull it inwards and i dont think my lower jaw can get recessed
theyll pull both your mandible backwards and maxilla forwards. it will end up with a slightly more advanced maxilla and a slightly more recessed mandible. Imo you should try out chewing CONSISTENTLY for some time at least, give it 3 months and see if anything has changed at all. if not get your braces.

theyll pull both your mandible backwards and maxilla forwards. it will end up with a slightly more advanced maxilla and a slightly more recessed mandible. Imo you should try out chewing CONSISTENTLY for some time at least, give it 3 months and see if anything has changed at all. if not get your braces.
My mandible is long enough to not get recessed so i think ill give it a try

Any Type of carrots? Or specific carrots

Get either jaw surgery or maxillary protraction with facemask

• +1
Reactions: LancasteR
get reverse pull headgear by a licensed ortho who cares about airways or bollards fixated to maxilla. You‘re young enough so there’s still time to help your maxilla grow forward, also depends on the severity of the underbite.

get reverse pull headgear by a licensed ortho who cares about airways or bollards fixated to maxilla. You‘re young enough so there’s still time to help your maxilla grow forward, also depends on the severity of the underbite.
Do i have to wear it 24/7? Or can i just wear it at home

• +1
Reactions: LancasteR
Do i have to wear it 24/7? Or can i just wear it at home
Depends what you‘re getting but for reverse pull headgear ideally 12-14 hours. So when you’re asleep and the rest of time at home.
Best would be whenever you can.
Bollards are superior to facemasks though.
IMG 1319

Does it support the growth of le fort 2?
Don‘t think so.
But I don‘t know if a lefort 2 would even be warranted in your case.
It’s pretty rare for someone to get it, probably even rarer than lefort 3.
Would depend on the severity of your skeletal underbite.

Last edited: