I just lost $235 on a single hand of poker I’m about to fucking lose it

Deleted member 19642

Deleted member 19642

Steroidmaxxed
Got dealt pocket queens in late position, I call $20 bet, small blind goes all in and than big blind 4 bets and makes it $235 I think he has me beat but can’t fold queens, I plan to call after the flop unless an overcard comes, flop is like 457 he shoves okay I have to fold here he has to have me beat, so I muck and he lays down aces 😡😡

Fucking hell, I was up close to $200 but ended up leaving down around $40.

@Amnesia what the fuck did I do wrong bro, 4 bet range is usually KK or AA but how the fuck can I lay down queens 😡😡😡😡

There's no right play. Can't always assume some 4 bettor retard has pocket aces. Depends how he has been playing previously

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, Deleted member 19499, Deleted member 13332 and 2 others
There's no right play. Can't always assume some 4 bettor retard has pocket aces. Depends how he has been playing previously
Old dude who was playing tight, should have known he wasn't bluffing, he maybe could have had JJ AK though

Still mad about it tbh

481C9A4D DA83 4A17 8FC2 D0CBF693C312

@Anstrum95 you are expert in poker?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16474
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19642, Deleted member 19499 and Deleted member 13332
no but op is playing with too high of a budget if he cries about that amount of money
i think he should spend more time with his coach analyzing his game

• Hmm...
i think he should spend more time with his coach analyzing his game
no but op is playing with too high of a budget if he cries about that amount of money
I only ended up losing $43 in total that night but should have left up $200

From my research apparently 4 betting is extremely rare in live games. So I should have called 3 bet and then shoved unless overcard came on the flop, but I should have assumed the villains range was KK or AA for 4 bet.

Again paging @Amnesia cause he is a self proclaimed poker expert but might be larp tbh

• +1
how the fuck can i give u advice without knowing the players and their 3b/4b frequency? If they are loose or tight, if u have been loose or tight? If they perceive u as bad or good etc

seems like u made the right laydown anyway so why are u upset

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19642
At least it's $235 and not $235K :ogre:

• JFL
Reactions: Sal
how the fuck can i give u advice without knowing the players and their 3b/4b frequency? If they are loose or tight, if u have been loose or tight? If they perceive u as bad or good etc

seems like u made the right laydown anyway so why are u upset
Ty for posting in my thread Chad

And yeah that’s fair, I need to get better at getting a read on players, is it something you can practice if you just have to be a natural at?

The dude who 3 bet shoved $50 I could tell was just ready to go home (he has pocket deuces) and the old dude who 4 bet was super tight all night but I figured if he had aces he would just slow play it, instead of snap raise which would be too obvious (I guess he correctly assumed I was a retard and would call though)

Internet poker was OK in 2010, but not anymore. Too hard to beat. Better to focus on other skills.

• +1
Reactions: Skywalker, Manu le coq and Deleted member 19499

Users who are viewing this thread

Back