I just paid 13 bucks for a muffin and cup of hot chocolate

disillusioned

disillusioned

Kraken
There's a bunch of traveling food vendors in my town and they're overcharging like crazy. I carelessly bought a single muffin and a cup of hot chocolate without asking about the price, and it cost 13 bucks (1700kr). For that money, I could've bought an entire fast food meal somewhere else jfl.

Never again.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Chadeep, Lmao and 1 other person
when you spend several thousand dollars on sex toys, I dont think an overpriced breakfast will ruin you

• JFL
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 15827
That is ridiculous gouging yeah.
What kind of muffin is it?
If it wasn't for my diet, I could go for those double chocolate muffins they have in the bakery session of my local supermarket

when you spend several thousand dollars on sex toys, I dont think an overpriced breakfast will ruin you
For that kind of money, I would rather buy 3 Egg McMuffins from McDonald's. 16g of protein per 290 calories (22.1% calories from protein). Which isn't anything to write home about but good by McDonald's standards. And you can't go wrong with eggs, Canadian bacon and processed American cheese on a toasted English muffin. So it still tastes good while giving you a decent amount of protein by fast food standards.

That is ridiculous gouging yeah.
What kind of muffin is it?
If it wasn't for my diet, I could go for those double chocolate muffins they have in the bakery session of my local supermarket
It's just a generic muffin and hot chocolate. The same you can get from any convenience store.

It's just a generic muffin and hot chocolate. The same you can get from any convenience store.
Lame. A lot of people have this idea in their head that muffins are healthy for you, unlike donuts. But the truth is they are loaded with carbohydrates, sugar and fat (fat is not so bad for you so as long as you get a decent amount of protein with it. Like ground beef and cheese has tons of fat. But a decent amount of protein to go with it at least). And don't have much protein.

Even the "healthy" muffin, Raisin Bran Muffins, look at these macros
Calories: 290
Fat: 9g
Carbohydrates: 49g (Sugar: 27g) (Fibre: 7g)
Protein: 6g

Only 8.3% of the calories come from Protein. 64% come from carbs. 37% come from sugar alone!

The only saving grace of the raisin bran muffin is the high dietary fibre count. There are better ways to get 7g of fibre in your diet though. You're not getting much in the way of micronutrients from this muffin too. 14% of your daily iron intake. 2.5mg.

If you are going to put that shit into your body, you might as well buy a donut. It tastes better.
At least a chocolate base muffin with chocolate chunks is decadent enough to be worth the empty calories.

• JFL
Reactions: Danish_Retard
the fool and his money are soon parted

I despise establishments that overcharge
I worked in a shop run by extended family members and they're miserable fucks who get a sense of satisfaction when they put the price of something well above what other shops charge for it but still manage to get people buying it for the next month and think it was a stroke of genius to put the price up
I'd like to see the sale of those products over a year to see if people stopped buying them once they caught on that they were being sold for a rip off price

I despise establishments that overcharge
I worked in a shop run by extended family members and they're miserable fucks who get a sense of satisfaction when they put the price of something well above what other shops charge for it but still manage to get people buying it for the next month and think it was a stroke of genius to put the price up
I'd like to see the sale of those products over a year to see if people stopped buying them once they caught on that they were being sold for a rip off price
Smaller businesses charge more cause they are smaller businesses