I keep thinking about this quote by a Roman senator…

Soter

Soter

Iron
“At first, it was not so much avarice as ambition that disturbed men’s minds, a fault which, after all, comes nearer to being a virtue, for distinction, preferrement and power are the desire of good and bad alike, only the one strives to reach his goal by honorable means, while the other, being destitute of good qualities, falls back on craft and deceit. Avarice is different. It means setting your heart on money, a thing that no wise man ever did. It is a kind of deadly poison which ruins a man’s health and weakens his moral fiber. It knows no bounds and can never be satisfied. He that has not, wants. And he that has, wants more.”

It’s from my favorite book, Sallust’s The Conspiracy of Catilline & The Jugurthine War. I think it’s applicable to everything tbh, not just money. Whatever it is we want, even if we get it, it’s almost never enough.

You want pussy, then you get pussy and are you satisfied then? For moment maybe, but then you want more pussy and of better quality. Want to ascend? You fix your failos, improve your smv, become better looking. But then you start to obsess over the next thing to fix. And even if you do manage to looksmaxx to chad status (won’t happen), you will start to obsess about aging and losing your looks.

Does it ever end? I guess Buddhists have a point when they day that desire is the root of all suffering.

@slavicpsycho @psychomandible @Jason Voorhees @TechnoBoss

Great thread! personally, this is why I think it is important to compare yourself to others and Gods standard to stay grounded in reality

• Love it
Reactions: Soter