I may have AGED my skin by putting honey on it

D

Deleted member 1901

Kraken
I was putting honey on my skin each morning over the past week or so but then I realized that the sugars may glycate the collagen and elastin in my skin

“Advanced glycation end-products are proteins that become glycated after contact with sugars”

Glycation plays a role in skin aging:

“Studies have shown that (1113) with the increase in the AGE [advanced glycation end products] content in the skin, volunteers developed skin problems such as yellowing, browning, poor elasticity, and deeper wrinkles. Researchers gradually understood that the effect of AGEs on the skin should not be underestimated. ”

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: aesthetic beauty, Deleted member 31497, Krakowski and 7 others
@Krakowski @ReinerGeist1 @Lefort Larry 987 @Ragnar

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
retard

• +1
Reactions: Krakowski, Deleted member 32410, GabachoCopium and 1 other person
Just saying retard says nothing, retard. if you can explain why this wouldn’t create AGEs, then I’d appreciate that.
I know, I dont care

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32410
i dont think honey is strong enough tbh but idk

• +1
Reactions: zura
I was putting honey on my skin each morning over the past week or so but then I realized that the sugars may glycate the collagen and elastin in my skin

“Advanced glycation end-products are proteins that become glycated after contact with sugars”

“Studies have shown that (1113) with the increase in the AGE [advanced glycation end products] content in the skin, volunteers developed skin problems such as yellowing, browning, poor elasticity, and deeper wrinkles. Researchers gradually understood that the effect of AGEs on the skin should not be underestimated. ”
its still good for your skin, but dont use it everyday

i only wash my face like twice a week and its a combination of honey+raw milk and beef fat

• +1
Reactions: rand anon, poopoohead and Deleted member 1901
i dont think honey is strong enough tbh but idk
Your skin can get glycated by the sugar in your blood. I’m pretty (100%) sure honey has a higher concentration of sugars than your blood…

Now it maybe the type of sugars in honey is safer. Idk I’m not an expert.

The honey shouldn’t be thermally processed, but thermally processed sugars are said to be worse:

“Advanced glycation end products (AGEs) are a series of stable compounds produced under non-enzymatic conditions by the amino groups of biomacromolecules and the free carbonyl groups of glucose or other reducing sugars commonly produced by thermally processed foods.“

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: mvp2v1, poopoohead and Deleted member 20370
but the study is still interesting, i will take it into account and not use that much honey

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Deleted member 1901
@mvp2v1 @slop slinger @Osie

your still a 5”6 hapa with elliot rodger pheno, i very heavily doubt a bit of collagen glycation is going to make your chances any worse than they already are

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: zura, User49, Gaygymmaxx and 2 others
your still a 5”6 hapa with elliot rodger pheno, i very heavily doubt a bit of collagen glycation is going to make your chances any worse than they already are
Everything matters in life

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: mvp2v1, rand anon, ReinerGeist1 and 1 other person

Always funny seeing someone looskminning himself

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
@Krakowski @ReinerGeist1 @Lefort Larry 987 @Ragnar
i heard many people use honey to wash their faces with it instead of chemical face washes, old civiliazations also used to bathe in honey because of its exfoilating effects

• +1
Reactions: rand anon, poopoohead and Deleted member 1901
i heard many people use honey to wash their faces with it instead of chemical face washes, old civiliazations also used to bathe in honey because of its exfoilating effects
honey doesnt exfoliate

• +1
Reactions: ReinerGeist1
1695331885-enid-wonky-eussou.gif

tret is law
what is honey going to do jfl

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: poopoohead, ReinerGeist1 and Deleted member 8365
Picsart 23 09 20 20 59 33 206

• JFL
Reactions: poopoohead
BTW this might be inaccurate

• +1

what sort of honey

• +1
We live we learn

• +1
What? Explain. i used raw honey on my face two times and washed my face after, cleared acnes on my forehead and moustrize my skin better then creams also hyaluronic acids made from sugar in our body which is our bodys skin moustrizing compound?

eating cum mogs for skincare

why were you putting honey on your face?

• +1
No clue

• +1
For scent halo, skin lightening, and makes my skin glow slightly
digesting is way better for your skin. that goes for any skin products with sugar like sugar scrubs, honey mask etc. don't ever put sugar directly onto the skin.

if you want a skin glow I would recommend after you shower or wash your face before you go to bed put aquaphor on your face. this will lock in any water and make your skin plump and glowing in the morning. sometimes if your skin is oily then this may give you acne but if you have dry skin like me it is amazing.

for scent try cocoa butter or mango butter and just put a very small amount onto your face. this will also help with the glow.

I am not versed in skin lighting all I know is that people have seen results using glutathione/vitamin c.

• +1

Bro this is pure schizophrenia. Just fucking wash your face every once in a while wtf is all this autism

Bro this is pure schizophrenia. Just fucking wash your face every once in a while wtf is all this autism
Welcome to my ignore list, retard

Interesting miring btw

• +1
Pure manuka honey is good i think.
People have put it on wounds to help them heal so it must be good.

• +1
Pure manuka honey is good i think.
People have put it on wounds to help them heal so it must be good.
Speaking of manuka honey…

Speaking of manuka honey…

Hmm somehow good for the skin to heal wounds but not good for face/overall? I am conflicted

Hmm somehow good for the skin to heal wounds but not good for face/overall? I am conflicted
No it good for wounds because antibacterial I think but the article I linked in the other thread is talking about how it glycate the skin when used on diabetics for wounds

• Hmm...
Reactions: JohnDoe
No it good for wounds because antibacterial I think but the article I linked in the other thread is talking about how it glycate the skin when used on diabetics for wounds
Hmmm will research...

• +1
Is reversable ?

• +1
Not when they are advanced glycation end products

Brutal. At least this post can be a warning to others users who might want to try this

• +1
@7zyzz7 thoughts ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back