I need gymceling help

Pietrosiek

Pietrosiek

Jacked like larry
IM sleeping around 8 hours a day, eating a shit tons of food, alot of protein too. And after 5 sets of bench press, i feel sore for next 5 days. Today is friday and i did push workout at the monday and my chest stil feels a bit sore. I am working out for more than 5 months now. Is it just my genetics or what? How tf can i make progress with that recovery. I should be able to do every musle group twice a week but i cant when im still not recovered. 5 sets is not alot. Idk wtf is that

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9380
Why post on offtopic?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12146, Deleted member 9380 and Pietrosiek
pietrocock. Most of the blood goes in your cock.

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 7651, Deleted member 5522, Stare and 1 other person
Just lift even if you're sore. Massage out your muscles also

IM sleeping around 8 hours a day, eating a shit tons of food, alot of protein too. And after 5 sets of bench press, i feel sore for next 5 days. Today is friday and i did push workout at the monday and my chest stil feels a bit sore. I am working out for more than 5 months now. Is it just my genetics or what? How tf can i make progress with that recovery. I should be able to do every musle group twice a week but i cant when im still not recovered. 5 sets is not alot. Idk wtf is that
are u seeing changes?

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek
@Gargantuan thank u

are u seeing changes?
in physique? Yes, i can see and feel like i have more meat on my chest and my strenght went up overall but i feel like i could make much more progress if i could train more often

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan and Stare
I should be able to do every musle group twice a week but i cant when im still not recovered.
That's bullshit youtubers tell you.
If you are natty and train with high-intensity then it's expected to have a 1 week recovery time.
Steroids reduce the recovery time, that's why youtubers can workout with high intensity twice a week for each muscle.

When I started going to the gym, I felt the same way. But I was able to improve my performance consistently

@Gargantuan thank u

in physique? Yes, i can see and feel like i have more meat on my chest and my strenght went up overall but i feel like i could make much more progress if i could train more often
i mean most beginners rly dont need more than 3-4x a week for the exact reason u describe, increasing training volume isn't really necessary for you yet, if your muscles are sore then the stimulus for growth is more than likely sufficient. Id focus more on your recovery than increasing training load. remember, you don't get stronger in the gym, you get weaker in the gym and your body gets stronger after. So make sure you're getting at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight and you are leveraging your carb intake according to your goals

if you arent already i would do something like an upper body/lower body split, and alternate, push/pull/legs might be too much volume and you definitely arent ready for a bro split.

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek and Stare
when im lifting when im sore im not progressing with weight
youre not trying hard enough then. your body will be forced to adapt if u train hard consistently

That's bullshit youtubers tell you.
If you are natty and train with high-intensity then it's expected to have a 1 week recovery time.
Steroids reduce the recovery time, that's why youtubers can workout with high intensity twice a week for each muscle.
jfl no. the human body isnt that weak. it adapts to whatever u put it through. do u think soldiers in bootcamp are on roids?

• JFL
do u think soldiers in bootcamp are on roids?
soldiers in the bootcamp are loosing musle mass, i am not training to be a soldier

mean most beginners rly dont need more than 3-4x a week for the exact reason u describe
i am training 3 times a week, if i do push twice i do pull once. Many people say that they can do like 8 sets or more per bodypart and train it twice a week every week. I cant.

In terms of diet, i dont count calories and shit but when i started i was literally forcefeeding, now ive got used to eating alot and i eat a shit tons of food. Alot alot of protein. If it isnt enough i couldnt eat more. I also packed a shit tons of fat so i eat enough to grow for sure.

jfl no. the human body isnt that weak. it adapts to whatever u put it through. do u think soldiers in bootcamp are on roids?
Then you are not training with high intensity

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 3583
Soreness does not equal recovery. Just make sure you have 2 days of rest between each bodypart. Then just lift DOMS will go away eventually, stick to a routine too since DOMS often occur when you change something. Changing routine is something that should be done max every 3 months and that is too early imo.

• +1
Soreness does not equal recovery. Just make sure you have 2 days of rest between each bodypart. Then just lift DOMS will go away eventually, stick to a routine too since DOMS often occur when you change something. Changing routine is something that should be done max every 3 months and that is too early imo.
i train similar way for 6 months ngl

that s weird tbh , most people dont get sore anymore after 2 weeks of lifting , actually they will seek that soreness because it s a growth indicator . Are you actually waiting 5 days before lifiting again though jfl???

that s weird tbh , most people dont get sore anymore after 2 weeks of lifting , actually they will seek that soreness because it s a growth indicator . Are you actually waiting 5 days before lifiting again though jfl???
yes, if i try it earlier, i cant lift as much as i could before. Im gonna work out today, so like 4 days since last push training

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7651
yes, if i try it earlier, i cant lift as much as i could before. Im gonna work out today, so like 4 days since last push training
that might be the problem , i also had soreness and i skipped workouts thinking it s better to just wait , that s not how it works . i suggest you do a full body workout 3 times a week no days off , if you keep pushing through the soreness you will wake up soon enough with no soreness at all

that might be the problem , i also had soreness and i skipped workouts thinking it s better to just wait , that s not how it works . i suggest you do a full body workout 3 times a week no days off , if you keep pushing through the soreness you will wake up soon enough with no soreness at all
but im actually getting weaker with every workout then. Whatever, im gonna try to train more often and see the results. Maybe its gonna work maybe not

but im actually getting weaker with every workout then. Whatever, im gonna try to train more often and see the results. Maybe its gonna work maybe not
push through the pain tbh , rest 1 minute more or whatever but if you dont keep pushing you will never adapt

push through the pain tbh
its not about the pain, its about progression, it doesnt matter that i push through the pain if i cant add more weight or do more reps

its not about the pain, its about progression, it doesnt matter that i push through the pain if i cant add more weight or do more reps
0 progression without pain , if you come out fresh from a workout you re doing something wrong .
push through it and the second week of lifting you wont experience it anymore , you will actually be chasing it .

• Hmm...
i used to do one muscle group once a week such as legs once a week, arms once a week etc. and i had no growth for more than a year. i realized i wasnt training enough, my legs were especially lacking so i started doing squats 3 times a week, but i would change intensity so at monday i did them with most intensity and weight, at wendesday i lowered intensity and weight a bit and at friday i lowered it even more. next week i did all the same and week after that again etc. i also did the same with arms, shoulders etc. and noticed growth and strength increase. i also used creatine and noticed strentgh increase after loading phase

• +1
Work on one muscle group at a time, slowly I mean it, build up and get stronger over time

• +1
Just drop weight to 90% of normal working set for a week then revisit that weight the following week. Maybe try massaging injured areas after workout and ice if necessary. Only true recovery comes with time and rest.

• +1