I need help with hair loss

HenryValentine

HenryValentine

Iron
My hair started thinning a while ago and I thought it was over for me, I thought it could be stress and depression, but recently I went to a doctor and was diagnosed with lichen planopilaris, an inflammatory problem with my scalp. They said it wasn't genetic, and that if I acted now it's reversible. I'm a 17 year old male and the doctors have no idea why I have this. I don't have many rashes or problems visible with the naked eye other than the thinning and damage present, but upon closer inspection they found "scaling" at the base of my hair follicles. I've been using topical minoxidil every night after I shower, and clobetasol propionate in the morning 5 days a week. I'm doing my best to take care of my hair but I want to know what other options I have. This is making me even more depressed, making me look even worse in the process. What can I do?

Losing hair can be really tough. Keep using the medications your doctor prescribed. Try to reduce stress and be gentle with your scalp. If it doesn't get better, consider seeing online dermatologist at Meta Dermatology for additional treatment options that could help.

My hair started thinning a while ago and I thought it was over for me, I thought it could be stress and depression, but recently I went to a doctor and was diagnosed with lichen planopilaris, an inflammatory problem with my scalp. They said it wasn't genetic, and that if I acted now it's reversible. I'm a 17 year old male and the doctors have no idea why I have this. I don't have many rashes or problems visible with the naked eye other than the thinning and damage present, but upon closer inspection they found "scaling" at the base of my hair follicles. I've been using topical minoxidil every night after I shower, and clobetasol propionate in the morning 5 days a week. I'm doing my best to take care of my hair but I want to know what other options I have. This is making me even more depressed, making me look even worse in the process. What can I do?
Pm, I was suffering from same, but situation is lot better now