I never made any progress in Russian

Deleted member 616

Deleted member 616

BeChadOrDieTryin'
I used to love the Russian language a lot (because of history and music) but I could never go beyond beginner's level. The cyrillic alphabet is too much more me. I think I just can't learn a writing system that is different from the Latin alphabet.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464
I used to love the Russian language a lot (because of history and music) but I could never go beyond beginner's level. The cyrillic alphabet is too much more me. I think I just can't learn a writing system that is different from the Latin alphabet.
ТО ЈЕ ЗАТО ШТО ГЛАВА ТИ ПРАЗНА КО ТИКВА, МАЈМУНЕ ЈЕДАН!!!!!!!!

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
tenor.gif

Learn Esperanto

ТО ЈЕ ЗАТО ШТО ГЛАВА ТИ ПРАЗНА КО ТИКВА, МАЈМУНЕ ЈЕДАН!!!!!!!!
To je zayo shto glava ti prazna ko tikva, maymine yedan

Lol you couldn’t even learn the Cyrillic alphabet? :lul: That is the easiest part. It’s really not that difficult though, just look at what the equivalent letter is in our alphabet and review a bit, it shouldn’t take more than about 2 weeks at most to know it completely

Lol you couldn’t even learn the Cyrillic alphabet? :lul: That is the easiest part. It’s really not that difficult though, just look at what the equivalent letter is in our alphabet and review a bit, it shouldn’t take more than about 2 weeks at most to know it completely
I learn any languages with Latin alphabet easily but anything outside of this writing system is hell for me tbh ngl. I can pronounce some Russian words pretty well without knowing how to write them :feelshaha:

nice comrade

I learn any languages with Latin alphabet easily but anything outside of this writing system is hell for me tbh ngl. I can pronounce some Russian words pretty well without knowing how to write them :feelshaha:
What part about learning it is so difficult for you? Literally all you need to do is memorize the Latin alphabet equivalent and learn a handful of Cyrillic ones that don’t exist in our alphabet. Just wait until you need to learn specific grammar rules and other stuff that is actually challenging

What part about learning it is so difficult for you? Literally all you need to do is memorize the Latin alphabet equivalent and learn a handful of Cyrillic ones that don’t exist in our alphabet. Just wait until you need to learn specific grammar rules and other stuff that is actually challenging
I think my brain is just inept at learning a new writing system. Tried Japanese and had to give up one week later tbh.

The grammar is nothing special since I know Latin.

I think my brain is just inept at learning a new writing system. Tried Japanese and had to give up one week later tbh.

The grammar is nothing special since I know Latin.
I’ve never tried Japanese but doesn’t that also have a kanji system where you need to memorize thousands of Chinese characters?

Good luck pronouncing certain words, and good luck with grammar :feelskek: