I should study A levels Physics and be a private tutor

G

GuyFromSingapore

It's all fun games until someone gets punched
Quote: "Imagine getting a Master's degree in Physics at Imperial College of London and getting paid $150 an hour teaching Junior College/A levels students.

150 × 5 hrs a day × 7 times a week × 4 times a month × 12 months a year = $252 000 a year."

I got this book for free at the donation shelf of the library yesterday.

IMG 20231215 112754

• JFL
Reactions: MaestheticMaso
the pay is not nearly that much, not even close

Quote: "Imagine getting a Master's degree in Physics at Imperial College of London and getting paid $150 an hour teaching Junior College/A levels students.

150 × 5 hrs a day × 7 times a week × 4 times a month × 12 months a year = $252 000 a year."

View attachment 2608172
I did A-level physics. Great subject.

• +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore
You wouldn't handle working 7 days a week tbh

its just that easy

from my personal experience i would not take its gigahard but maybe im just stupid

from my personal experience i would not take its gigahard but maybe im just stupid

Brah I'm literally studying University Physics on my own.

I just dropped out of secondary school so I need to take O levels/GCSEs and A levels private.

• +1
Reactions: Gone
Yeah I found it harder than Further maths, especially with topics like electromagnetism and capacitors.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Gone, LooksOrDeath and GuyFromSingapore

View attachment 2608172
You’d need to take the actual qualification’s exam therefore you’d need to pay roughly £250-£300 to sit the exam dependant on the UK exam board or whatever country you’re sitting them (the UK equivalent), then you will have acquired the credentials required in order to tutor, no one will hire you as a private tutor if you have no qualification for the subject you are trying to teach

• +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore and LooksOrDeath
Yeah I found it harder than Further maths, especially with topics like electromagnetism and capacitors.
personally fm was equally difficult

definitely harder than regular maths thoughs

• Hmm...
You’d need to take the actual qualification’s exam therefore you’d need to pay roughly £250-£300 to sit the exam dependant on the UK exam board or whatever country you’re sitting them (the UK equivalent), then you will have acquired the credentials required in order to tutor, no one will hire you as a private tutor if you have no qualification for the subject you are trying to teach
Of course

but a university degree with honors is more important

• +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore and coisbhai
  • Hmm...
Reactions: LooksOrDeath
Everyone keeps saying Physics is harder than Maths. :feelskek:
Maybe for you it isn't

For other people maths is easier, so they usually have an aptitude for maths, while you seem to have it for physics

very narrow minded of you to make fun of them for that

• So Sad
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore
personally fm was equally difficult

definitely harder than regular maths thoughs
Some topics were quite annoying, like De moivre’s theory and vectors. Really liked differential equations and hyperbolic functions because once you get the hang of them, it’s quite simple and there’s always high mark questions on those.

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath and GuyFromSingapore
Maybe for you it isn't

For other people maths is easier, so they usually have an aptitude for maths, while you seem to have it for physics

Sorry.

• +1
Maybe for you it isn't

Nearly all of the time, if you’re good at maths, you’ll be at least above average in science or engineering. Especially in things like physics or electrical engineering.

• +1
  • +1
Nearly all of the time, if you’re good at maths, you’ll be at least above average in science or engineering. Especially in things like physics or electrical engineering.
I agree with you, but you can still be very good at maths while being above average in physics, and struggle in phys a level,

I don't see how what I said goes against that.

• Hmm...
Seems like you’ve done the same subjects as me @LooksOrDeath ?

What are you doing now ?

• +1
  • Hmm...
I agree with you, but you can still be very good at maths while being above average in physics, and struggle in phys a level,

I don't see how what I said goes against that.
Yeah I agree, it’s was mainly the concepts for me. The maths in A-level physics was quite easy, especially if you’re doing FM as well.

• +1
Glassdoor is a garbage website.
I am not sure how you can say that, decline data from thousands of people in favor of your anecdotes
My private O levels Maths tutor charged $55 per hour.

And he only has a Bachelor's in NUS in Mathematics.
singapore dollars.

"only" a bachelors, NUS is the best university in singapore, and you dfinitely do not need a masters to teach 15 year olds maths.

55$ is still very very far from 150$, i think you would have to be like a celebrity to charge that much

I am not sure how you can say that, decline data from thousands of people in favor of your anecdotes

singapore dollars.

"only" a bachelors, NUS is the best university in singapore, and you dfinitely do not need a masters to teach 15 year olds maths.

55$ is still very very far from 150$, i think you would have to be like a celebrity to charge that much

Alternatively it could a tuition centre where you teach like 6 students in a room all at once, that's why.

Alternatively it could a tuition centre where you teach like 6 students in a room all at once, that's why.
rent, staff, and you will definitely not be able to charge them 150$ still

home tutors are more wanted for convenience, unless youre exceptional

singapore dollars.

Yeah apparently it is even amongst the top university in the world for a Physics degree.

• +1
rent, staff, and you will definitely not be able to charge them 150$ still

home tutors are more wanted for convenience, unless youre exceptional

Dude, I'm talking about an hour at $150 for all the students combined together.

55$ × 6 = $330

So $330 - the rent = $150

You ARE the staff.

• +1
Dude, I'm talking about an hour at $150 for all the students combined together.

55$ × 6 = $330

So $330 - the rent.

You ARE the staff.
Tution centers usually have 1 or 2 assistants, and also pay for cleaning

add the salary of 1 assistant + part time cleaner in your case

Jfl I’m doing a gap year as well, but I have a place to study maths and Econ which I deferred.
Im taking a gap year because id like to study in the US

• Hmm...
brain is real

• +1
Im taking a gap year because id like to study in the US
Ohh that’s nice. Are you applying to places now ? What type of places do you want to go to, IVY?

• +1
Ohh that’s nice. Are you applying to places now ? What type of places do you want to go to, IVY?
ill apply next year

and yeah ideally a top university

thinking of asking my dad to get a consultant

• +1
ill apply next year

Yeah get one if you can, they can really help. I know someone who went to Brown from the UK and he had some sort of adviser overseeing everything, helping with tests ect.

What were your A-levels if I may ask ?

• +1
ill apply next year

Try Crimson education. They have 40% increase rate of getting into Ivy league.

• +1
Yeah get one if you can, they can really help. I know someone who went to Brown from the UK and he had some sort of adviser overseeing everything, helping with tests ect.
Brown is my favorite ivy, definitely the one i relate to the most
What were your A-levels if I may ask ?
Maths, Physics, FM

3A*

dropped cs in favor of FM but ill take it next year along with english i think